Revenge of the Fallen The Twins: Racist?

Further proof that Michael Bay actually hates his audience and thinks the general moviegoing public is made up of idiots.

He's not a racist, he just thinks we're ALL guitars with ADD. :csad:

And the fact this thread even exists doesn't prove him wrong.
Discussing wether 2 alien robot kids are meant as a racist remark???
Come on...

If you delve into the dialogue, outside of the "bust a cap in your ash", theres really nothing stereotypical about what they're saying. It just so happens that that was how the actor chose to read the lines. ****, that might have been his real accent. He was saying regular **** in a stupified accent. I'm black and I wasn't offended. Just my intake.

I think it says more about the person watching the movie if they see those types of characters and immediately think of black people.

Close thread.

I totally agree with you. And from what i read most of the Twins lines were improv and one of the voice actors, Reno Wilson (the one playing Mudflap), is black. Enough with the over-the-top PC nonsense.
And yes, close this thread already.

Last edited:
There is no need to close this thread. Even the Chicago Sun-Times had an article this morning about this, so it's obviously not some troll-type story, it's national now. People are just uncomfortable talking about racial stuff, I get it.

I'm not talking about weather Bay should have or shouldnt have, i'm saying, stop crying about the kids.

And no, the original fans havent grown up...or atleast a lot of them if they want Bay to die for putting flames on Prime. That **** right there is stupid. Utterly ****ing stupid.

I never stood what was wrong with that. Personally, I thought it was awesome. It gave Prime some edge, and it clashed well with the blue.

The Twins are ghetto. How is that racist? They only really look ugly because of their alt modes. The parts formed in that way to resemble a face.

Face it. in real life, robots are pretty ****ing ugly.

MIT+Museum-Hard+Rock+Cafe+013.jpg

Look at it. It's in the MIT museum.

It's hideous. Bay was being REALISTIC for the Twins. Sideswipe HAS to look cool, he's a corvette. Prime is the main lead, he has to look good. Bumblebee is a state-of-the-art Camaro.

Skids and Mudflap, however, are small, little cars that don't fit a lot of people. There arent many parts that can form face-like features. They pick smaller alt modes because they are smaller. The Ice Cream Truck was a team effort, but an Ice cream truck split in half doesn't have many parts to it. The Two smaller cars were the same size as each Truck half, so they may have had similar parts.

Sorry, that is the dumbest explanation ever. No offense. They are smaller, so the have less parts for the faces. Right...

Are we seriously on the "Why are they so ugly comparatively" discussion

Because they, out of all the other Autobots, are the silly cartoony ones, people. It's not rocket science.

The wannabe gangster thing seems to obvious after watching the film. They don't even sound entirely "black", per se.

I didnt like the movie and its stupid humor, but the twins were not racist.

I think they were supposed to portray teen hipsters. I personally did not see any racial overtone that was put in a negative light.

sounds like more Bay hate to me.

Are we seriously on the "Why are they so ugly comparatively" discussion

Because they, out of all the other Autobots, are the silly cartoony ones, people. It's not rocket science.

The wannabe gangster thing seems to obvious after watching the film. They don't even sound entirely "black", per se.
They act more ghetto and imature than anything...still thought they were funny though.

Wait... wait... someone is trying to say that the Twins were not ghetto black stereotypes?

In what universe? Broken English. Big Ears. Dedicated to ignorance. Coarse slang. Impotent violence. These are ghetto personalities. I don't have to make it up to see it, that's what we've all been told is ghetto from the moment we turned on our televisions, and these two characters were rolling in it.

Does that make Bay racist? Well, does he consider the cars "black," simply because they act ghetto? Is he making a statement about what kind of mindset is drawn to a ghetto persona and slang, since, fiction-wise, Skids and Mudflap chose to be ghetto upon their arrival on Earth? We don't have enough information to evaluate any one's character, maybe not even their intentions...

But to argue that these are not racial stereotypes that are well known is being blind and ignorant. If someone tells me "You're an idiot." I don't have to think I'm an idiot to realize I'm being called an idiot. Likewise, if someone shows me a slang-talking comic relief big eared ignorant duo on a screen, I don't have to think black people, or even ghetto people are all like that to recognize the stereotype.

If you're scared to talk about it, leave the thread, but asking for something to be closed because you can't handle the reality around you, or accusing people across the country for seeing something that's not there... it's a very prolific kind of ignorance, one you should be ashamed of.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=stereotype said:
Stereotype: a conventional or formulaic conception or image; "regional stereotypes have been part of America since its founding"

If it's conventional and formulaic, that means I don't have to agree with it in order to recognize it. Otherwise, you couldn't even understand my post unless you agreed with it. This, logically, would mean that disagreement is impossible, since the only way to recognize something would be to agree with it. We wouldn't even have a word for disagree. We'd just be walking around, oblivious to anything on the planet we don't agree with.

If anyone should be angry, it should be the white teenagers across America who try to be black. That's the group that Skids and Mudflap were clearly designed to target.

Ironhide is a black vehicle...that is so racist. Where are the white cars?

^

XD
Just wait till wheeljack. I have a thread in the "Sequels" section with designs of him....

Man I have more of an issue with the twins being IRRITATING than being ethnically stereotypical. You can't tell me anyone here wouldnt of preferred more Soundwave, Ravage, or Sideswipe screentime if it meant sacrificing any of the Twins scenes.

Orci and Kurtzman on the twins. Seems as they have completely passed the buck onto Bay. :hehe:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/orci-and-kurtzman-respond-to-claims-of-racism-in-transformers-2.php

Cole: I heard that the gold tooth was Michael Bay’s idea, but do you have any response to those who found The Twins offensive?

Orci: Number one, we sympathize. Yes, the gold tooth was not in the script, that’s true.

Kurtzman: It’s really hard for us to sit here and try to justify it.I think that would be very foolish, and if someone wants to be offended by it, it’s their right. We were very surprised when we saw it, too, and it’s a choice that was made. If anything, it just shows you that we don’t control every aspect of the movie.

Cole: Were you offended by them?

Kurtzman: I wasn’t thrilled. I certainly wasn’t thrilled.

Orci: Yeah, same reaction. I’m not easily offended, but when I saw it, I thought, ‘Someone’s gonna write about that.’”

Man Bay is being thrown under the bus by Orci and Kurtzman...

At least Reno Wilson (Mudflap) claims that he wasn't intending for them to be "black" in any way but more of a parody of a wannabe gangster (of any race).

I don't think Tom Kenny wants to get involved thus him not making a comment on the issue. :hehe:

There you go. The screenwriters just threw Bay under the bus.

There you go. The screenwriters just threw Bay under the bus.

To be honest if those twins are as annoying as everyone is saying and if I were in the writer's shoes and didn't write them that way you bet your ash I'm not going to take the blame for it.

Hilarious. You guys are even defending it after the Orci and Kurtzman comments.

And you're acting like an *******. So who cares.

Get over yourself, and discuss the movie without acting like you're better then everyone else.

LOL :D

Why so serious?

So you don't think there's something wrong when the screenwriters have now basically thrown Bay under the bus and deflected blame and don't even try to defend?

I dont know. Nor do I really care honestly. They made me laugh. So they did their job.

So basically you will ignore the screenwriters' comments like they never happened and not even acknowledge them in the debate?

Well...I'm done debating about THIS issue, but I decided to debate about you, and your attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"