The Twins: Racist?

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by Darthkush, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jake Cassidy Registered

People always bring up that one line/scene to badmouth Jazz. They seem to completely disregard the fact that never does anything like that the rest of the movie. It actually portayed him as compassionate and heroic.

2. Episode29 Hooper Drives The Boat!

...and the only autobot fatality.

3. Jake Cassidy Registered

That was because the writers thought that his death would get the most emotional response from the fans, other Optimus and Bumblebee. He is one of the most popular TFs ever.

4. JAK® Upstart

I actually really did like Jazz in the first movie, simply because he did have moments of seriousness, and his line in the Autobots arrival scene was great because it made the audience realise that Transformers have personalities.

Again, none of the black characters in the Transformers movies are incredibly offensive on their own. But when viewed as a whole, it gets a bit annoying.

5. Mr. Earle Registered

Off topic but...
    Ironhide (big autobot with even bigger cannons): "its Megatron, retreat"
    and then Jazz tries to hold him off to cover the others that retreat. He is the smallest autobot and his lasers only tickled Megatron. What the hell was he thinking? Granted, he is the second in command and its his duty, but they should have made him bigger.

6. the a1ant Awesome

I was really offended by the twins in this movie. It just fed into stereotypes. Ugh. Besides that, the movie was enjoyable.

7. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

It seems to me that, despite how some people feel about Skids and Mudflap, a lot of people actually liked them and thought they were funny. At least people I've spoken to about it.

8. Mr. Earle Registered

They were funny i think. Blending like a ninja, teasing Leo and getting their heads banged together by Bee were funny moments for me.

The problem is that the movie gave us these jokes at the cost of overdeveloping the rest of the autobots.

#708 Mr. Earle, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  9. NewYorkSpider EndGame

The Twins served no real purpose in the movie. I agree with the above post. The main Autobots were overshadowed.

10. DemonicFoil Comics,Games,Movies

^ hmmmm, yeah, your right, they could of showed less twins and more Sideswipe, Jolt, or Arcee.

11. NewYorkSpider EndGame

It seemed to me that Bay focused more on the action than the main story. I saw a big difference from the first movie and second.

12. Ion Kenshin Torch Bearer

I still don't see how people can call racist in regards to the Twins. It makes no sense. Who is it offending?

13. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

I think the way it went was: action first, comedy second, then story.

14. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

We needed one more Autobot on the quest for the matrix that wasn't goofy comic relief or mute. One of the more hardcore types would have made a good addition to the team, like sticking an Arcee there for Mikalea to talk to.

15. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

You would think that that was one of the first things they would have thought of, I bet the way they went about it was "Let's just put Arcee in there and have her...do...whatever, maybe they'll shut up the fanboys".

16. the a1ant Awesome

I wouldn't call it racist, but it was feeding into stereotypes...especially when the gold "tooth" popped out. And like others said, they focused way too much on them, compared to the others.

17. COAL TIGER Registered

This is gonna sound bad but I don't care. Most of the people in this thread were White. So I'm not surprise that most people who posted here said "no there's no racism involved, that's just stupid".

It's the samething with Resident Evil 5 which was FAAAAAAAAAAR more blatant with it's racism.

18. COAL TIGER Registered

Double post.

#718 COAL TIGER, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  19. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I think Jetfire being along for the ride a bit more would have made sense, he was comical at first, but got serious when it came time to tell the story.

20. cin0 Atl's Finest

I would've rather seen on sideswipe and jolt with ratchet and ironhide battlin with the decepticons while on their way to catar and seen arcee with sam and mikalea since mikalea likes motorcycles and arcee is a girl it would've made for more room for others to actually play some part in the movie so they could get a better spot in the next.

21. SpeterMan3 SpeterTV on YT

I found the twins to be kinda funny, but a little offensive. I wasn't really offended, because for some reason, I just don't care about race at all, in a way that I just shrug everything off. But my mom probably would have been offended.

22. Marvin Registered

this is still going?

just saw district 9, great little film there.

not so great portrayal of local african(nigerians).
    tomayto tomahto.

23. olla Registered

It is nonsens!!!! Somebody has a great imagination!

24. Jolly Rolly Registered

How can the twins be rascist when one is green and the other orange? :)

25. Jake Cassidy Registered

and that line, "We don't read much" doesn't mean they're illiterate. Maybe they can't read ancient Cybertronian. I can't read Egyptian hieroglyphics. That doesn't make me illiterate.