Comics The Ultimate X-MEN Thread

Congrats Balrog, then you want the X-men with only... One competent major intelligent villain!

Magneto is the only half decent villain they have, Ultimate Mr. Sinister is a joke, and most of their other villains are just thugs, of course, that is unless you count Wratih, but he's dead now IIRC.

No, they need more villains, who are not just thugs.

Langoth said:
Congrats Balrog, then you want the X-men with only... One competent major intelligent villain!

Magneto is the only half decent villain they have, Ultimate Mr. Sinister is a joke, and most of their other villains are just thugs, of course, that is unless you count Wratih, but he's dead now IIRC.

No, they need more villains, who are not just thugs.
And that would be... just like the main comics! (with the possible exception of Mystique).

since when was Apocalypse ever a competent, intelligent villain? Or, for that matter, Mr. Sinister, whose mad scientist schemes always made him seem like a bit of a lovable clown to me.

Mr. Sinister is a mastermind villain, and the real potential is there for Apocalypse.

Mr. Sinister has had a massive impact, and is always in the shadows, even now.

Now, we have basically one guy, and so no, thats not like 616 comics.

At least 616 at one point had the HFC, oh wait, they are now a joke too *rolls eyes*

Someone posted a report on here saying how Garney is going to take over with another writer after Magnetic North wraps us.This is great news,I love Garney's art,especially his run on Uncanny X-Men.

Been reading UXM
xmenx.gif
from the beginning, tis definately the best ultimate marvel. Magnetic north shaping up to be one of the best arcs so far! Magneto is the best he's ever been here in my view because he has been given a clear and coherent ideology, we actually think he may have a point, instead of just being a boring ranting maniac...interaction between Polaris and Magneto = YAY

But whats with Ultimate Longshot in issue #62, that seemed a random interuption to the main story??

Annual #1 was awesome!

I dont understand how anyone can say that with Ultimates around. That and the majority of USM far out weighs the bad. Once Millar was gone, that was pretty much it for UXM.

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

Last edited:
storyteller said:
I miss beast. I hope he comes back.
But normal Beast is in Astonishing X-Men??
Why do you need Ultimate Beast back?

let the dead stay dead I say.

wait a minute, when did Ultimate Gambit die? Was that in that Ultimate X-men annual? I missed it. Was that when it happened?

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

Last edited:
ya, i hope they dont start doing what happened in the normal universe. lke, there, everyone who dies comes back to life. i think doc ock came back to life and died around 3 or 4 times, and then they brought colossus back(though i love astonishing xmen and im glad they did so) and psylocke and so many other people. Everyone dead there doesnt really die lol so yea i think it would be better if people who die actually die.

jaydawg said:
I dont understand how anyone can say that with Ultimates around. That and the majority of USM far out weighs the bad. Once Millar was gone, that was pretty much it for UXM.

To each his own.UXM is the better book in my opinion.

UXM is very good IMO. Vaughn is doing a great job, and I'm going to miss him. Ultimates is good but my issue with it is that the team is frequently fighting against one of their own, instead of other adversaries with the exception of the alien invasion. First it's Hulk, Giant Man, Thor now the whole traitor business.

Last edited:
I haven't really been disappointed with Ultimate XM since... well.. the beginning. :)

I'm kinda worried about Singer's arc, does the man have any comic experience? I hope it turns out ok.

Plus, Magnetic North is one of the best arcs they have done.:up:

Henri DuCard said:
vauhgan writting superheroes i don't like. immonnen or whatever, can't stand his art
Is Immonen the person doing the art right now? If so, I agree with you on that one. I really can't stand the art in Magnetic North right now. Their faces all look...weird.

Slimfingerz said:
Ultimates is x10 better than ultimate x-men

Says you bub!Ultimates is also a good book I've been meaning to catch up with.

Brainiac B said:
I'm kinda worried about Singer's arc, does the man have any comic experience? I hope it turns out ok.

Plus, Magnetic North is one of the best arcs they have done.:up:

Yes,this current arc is one of the best in the entire series.Don't get so bent up about Singer,someone posted on here that Garney would be drawing the books after MN with a new writer as well.I forget the writer's name,but I'll look.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Like most of the Ultimate books, UXM hasn't interested me at all...but that might change when Kirkman comes on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"