The unESCABLE DC Boards Lounge 9.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know Bowie had a heart attack a few years ago.

Yeah, The Flaming Lips actually did a song about it. Well, not really about it per say I guess, but named after the fact.

The more I see of ITV's line the more I think Alan Partridge is right.

Also Breaking Bad is the best show ever.

Ever? I wouldn't go that far, but it is definitely amongst the best shows currently airing.

I'll be the judge of that in 7-8 months, since I've been declared surpreme emperor of television.

They did a joke about people being mind controlled to say Breaking Bad and The Wire are the best TV shows ever on Family Guy the other week.

I've been watching The Sopranos, which is another series that's considered to be in the running, and I have to say I like it. I love a few episodes, but I've always been more of a comedy guy.

My favorite shows ever are Scrubs, The Simpsons, and Boy Meets World.

Scrubs is just a comedy black hole, jokes go in but they never come out funny.

Scrubs had 3 really great side characters, then Zach Braff, Sara Chalke and that other dude ruining everything.

Oh, I agree that JD wasn't the best part of the show and the side characters are the reason why it last so long, but I think it's best strength was the ensemble as a whole. I think Dr. Cox, Janitor, Kelso, and Jordan were the best characters. Turk and Ted were pretty good. JD (in the early seasons) and Elliot (especially when she was an insecure uptight girl with parent problems) were fine. The only one I didn't think was really fun or interesting was Carla.

My favorite TV show is the original The Prisoner series, followed by the original Twilight Zone. That may have actually been my favorite, but I felt like it showed that they were running out of steam in the last two or three seasons.

Of modern shows it'd be a toss up between Breaking Bad, Mad Men, or Adventure Time. I have a feeling most here would find Mad Men overrated, but it's so emotionally powerful to me, and AT is probably the most imaginative, human and relatable running TV show, which is a true testament to quality considering how ****ing weird it is.

I've been watching The Sopranos, which is another series that's considered to be in the running, and I have to say I like it. I love a few episodes, but I've always been more of a comedy guy.

I've been meaning to finally check out Sopranos. I missed it during that initial run, too.

My favorite shows ever are Scrubs, The Simpsons, and Boy Meets World.

I liked the first few seasons of Scrubs, but I kind of lost interest after that. Early Simpsons is fantastic.

I am digging Sons of Anarchy pretty hardcore even if it just recycles the Clay vs Jax angle over and over again. Its done pretty well.

I don't enjoy TV dramas for some reason. My favorite show would have to be Archer or Wlfred or something.

even though i've only seen 2 episodes, i think amish mafia is my favorite tv show right now. it's as ridiculous as it sounds. i'm looking forward to the following though, so long as it doesn't turn into a formulaic bad guy of the week style show.

I am digging Sons of Anarchy pretty hardcore even if it just recycles the Clay vs Jax angle over and over again. Its done pretty well.
Sons of Anarchy is great. The Clay/Jax conflict does keep coming up, but it at least comes up in natural ways and there's a little bit of progress each time. Where are you in the series?

Sons of Anarchy is great. The Clay/Jax conflict does keep coming up, but it at least comes up in natural ways and there's a little bit of progress each time. Where are you in the series?

I hopped on from Season 3 onwards. Would like to track down the first two seasons but I think its pretty awesome as it is. I love how in season 5 Jax starts to show a much more vicious streak to the point even Bobby can't stand it and Bobby's always been firmly in Jax's corner.

The Season 5 triple-cross was a thing of beauty though I was really hoping that Tig was going to get killed. Looking forward to season 6.

SOA is pretty awesome, outside season 3. I really didn't like that season at all. But the other seasons have been great.

I hated Tight the first 3 seasons when he was basically Clay's lap dog.. But when he started questioning Clay's motives and after the season 5 opener he really started to grow on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"