The unPREDICTABLE DC Boards Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the movies, he couldn't even do anything....he was caught in some weird energy trap and the girls did almost all the work till the very end

one of the movies, he couldn't even do anything....he was caught in some weird energy trap and the girls did almost all the work till the very end

Probably the first one, he got thrown back in time. In the last one, something happened like that, but a woman had him trapped in an alternate reality. It was more a buddy movie for the main two female casts.

It is. It's supposed to be The Dirty Dozen in space. This guy named Blake busts out of prison with a few others and starts a revolution against the government, which by then encompasses Earth and various other planets. I'm gonna watch a few episodes and see if it's as awesome as it sounds (in spite of the '70s effects that I'm sure will look terrible, since the BBC didn't really give its sci fi shows much cash back then).

Sounds pretty interesting, don't think I've seen a lot of British animated shows from that era. I know that's basically when Brit TV was suppose to be at it's peak, though, so maybe that carried over for some of the animation to.

that would suck. know what anime i never finished but wish i had? yu yu hakusho.

Im currently watching Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig...never got a chance to finish the 2nd series....wonder why it didn't go longer, damn good show....good with the action, political intrigue....very 24ish

Sounds pretty interesting, don't think I've seen a lot of British animated shows from that era. I know that's basically when Brit TV was suppose to be at it's peak, though, so maybe that carried over for some of the animation to.
It's not animated, it's live-action. It was created by Terry Nation, the same guy who created Survivors and the Daleks from Doctor Who.

Also, I'm watching Lie to Me and it has like everyone other than Michael Chiklis from The Shield, but as totally different characters. It's like a weird, bizarro reunion of The Shield in an alternate universe. :wow:

It's not animated, it's live-action. It was created by Terry Nation, the same guy who created Survivors and the Daleks from Doctor Who.

Oh, well...

yeah

Im currently watching Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig...never got a chance to finish the 2nd series....wonder why it didn't go longer, damn good show....good with the action, political intrigue....very 24ish

Never actually watched the show, but did see the movie. It was alright, didn't dig it as much as everyone else, though. I've always heard good things about the show.

Ahhhhh, you done be trying to start some Ghostbusting holy war here.

Actually, I don't think I ever watched that show. If I do I don't remember. I always liked this one:

Kind of dumb opening, but I enjoyed the show, wish they'd release it on DVD

yea....well....uhhh......take this

I know it has nothing to do with anything, i just always liked the music

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest has one of my favorite openings ever. I always hated that they changed the animation style in the second season.

Extreme Ghostbusters was a good one. I liked that show, even though it was so totally pandering to the PC crowd with that guy in the wheelchair.

Extreme Ghostbusters was a good one. I liked that show, even though it was so totally pandering to the PC crowd with that guy in the wheelchair.

The whole show really. The team was a black dude, a latino dude, wheelchair dude, a chick, and Egon. But it didn't bother me or anything, they all were their own characters while still maintaining a certain stand-in status quo for the originals, and the PC part was never played all that much.

The ending theme was awesome, but I can't find it.

New Lounge is ready. Someone shut this piece of **** down.

Yeah, they set it up like a PC show, but once it actually started the writers just focused on strong character work. They never really pandered except for the odd episode about how wheelchair-guy's life was so hard or people made fun of him or whatever.

And did anyone else get kind of tingly with that shot of Jesse tossing her head back in the Jonny Quest opening? I remember thinking that Jesse was actually kind of hot in that show. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"