The Venom Comics! (Why wasn't this thread made before?)

I expect an increase in quality. :argh:

Not really. I expect Bunn to pretty much carry on with what Remender was doing, for the most part.

Bunn's 1st arc after Savage is a sequel to Circle of Four.

Circle of Four sucked.

This isn't a good start.

"Circle of Four" sucked because they shoehorned X-23, Ghost Rider, and a weird Hell-on-Earth plot into what should've been a taut bout of military melodrama between Ross and Flash. Maybe Bunn'll avoid that this time, or maybe he'll at least blend the elements in a bit better.

I think all of the different writers hurt Circle of Four too. If its just contained to Bunn this time around, it should be better.

Outside of that, as good as Remender's been, I kinda feel like his Venom has never truly been able to teach its full potential due to all of the crossovers he's had so far. It's seemed like every 3 issues, he's had to shift focus away from his ongoing subplots and character arcs to focus on something editorial wants focus on.

I really hope they can veer away from that with Bunn. If Venom can be more self-contained ala Scarlet Spider, I think it'll be an even better book.

Circle of Four felt like a "Hearts of Darkness" sequel than a Venom coming TBH.

Yea, except this time Frank was like "Hell...haw...-no. I've had enough mystical crap to last me an eternity..."

Here's hoping things stay good and Brock gets some awesome moments. I don't want him heading to limbo...I still miss AV. So much potential.... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"