The Venom Comics! (Why wasn't this thread made before?)

Okay, so after dropping the book at issue 2, I've jumped back on with the newest issue. My question is... when buying up the back issues, what issues of Amazing Spider-Man do I need for the Spider-Island crossover? I want to buy as few of them as possible. I figure I'll need the final issue for the conclussion but beyond that can I get away without buying any more or does Venom crossover into more?

Okay, so after dropping the book at issue 2, I've jumped back on with the newest issue. My question is... when buying up the back issues, what issues of Amazing Spider-Man do I need for the Spider-Island crossover? I want to buy as few of them as possible. I figure I'll need the final issue for the conclussion but beyond that can I get away without buying any more or does Venom crossover into more?

You should be able to get away with it. The recap pages were very well done. I will say that Spider-Island was a terrific event, I recommend you get it or at least the trade.

There was a big reveal in Venom #6 which pissed a few ASM readers off that were not buying Venom... but the three Venom Spider-Island books pretty much read well alone.. .though you'll need to get ASM #673 to find out what happens after Venom #8...

I think you'll appreciate the ending to ASM #673... :yay:

I'll skim it at the shop next week. It's a light week and I thought I'd get what Venom issues they have and if it ties in well enough I'll pick it up as well.

If you're reading the Venom books you don't really need the Spider-Man issues to follow what's going on. You know the basics. Bedbugs bite people. They have spider powers. There ya go.

If you're reading the Venom books you don't really need the Spider-Man issues to follow what's going on. You know the basics. Bedbugs bite people. They have spider powers. There ya go.

He's going to need to read ASM #673... Venom #8 continues right into it... d'uh... :oldrazz:

It's not completely necessary if JH wants to stay away from buying a Spider-Man book.

He says in his post that he wants to read the conclusion of the story... Venom #8 ends on a pretty big cliffhanger; therefore, he needs to get ASM #673 if he wants to see how that turns out...

Christ on a stick... :wow:

:whatever:

He says in his post that he wants to read the conclusion of the story... Venom #8 ends on a pretty big cliffhanger; therefore, he needs to get ASM #673 if he wants to see how that turns out...

Christ on a stick... :wow:

:whatever:

No need to be condescending. :whatever:

But you were being so nit-picky with me... :cmad:

:cwink:

Was not! :oldrazz:

Just know that JH doesn't want to buy the ASM book. Probably should buy 673 but as far as Venom goes the rest can be left behind.

Here comes Santy Claus, Here comes Santy Claus, right down Santy Claus Lane...

:yay:

Venom #10 preview! Venom vs. Captain America, heck yes!
prv10657_cov.jpg

OK I got the Venom 13.1-13.4 on my buy list. Is it worth it?

I dug it... it's a fun story... art was pretty decent... it sets up Venom's new status with the SA... you'll need issue #14 for the last part of that story...

"worth" is such a subjective word...

I have no regrets...

:yay:

I enjoyed it. It was a pretty decent story. I would have rather seen it done in an annual or something instead of the $3 per issue blitz that it was.

I just read them all...I'm not sure about contradictions, but GR dying from having his jacket opened? I didn't get it. How did that kill Alexandra?

I still feel like that story would've been a lot better if they'd stripped out X-23 and Ghost Rideress and just made it a Venom arc about Ross trying to bring Flash in for deserting.

I had a feeling that was coming. He's a good pick though. I don't expect any decrease in quality. Sales may take a slight hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"