• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Vice-President Joseph Biden Thread: 'Jury Duty' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line, Biden is a boss :up:

Excel, if you don't have anything productive to add to the conversation, why post? Are you really so desperate for attention that you'll make a meaningless post to obtain it?

Nixon was just stupid. He would've been remembered as the best president since Truman if he wasn't so paranoid. There was no need to bug the Watergate. Nixon was set to win in a landslide, but he let his paranoia get the best of him and it cost him everything.

Rather than stupid, can we call him "nuts"? "Crazy?" Batsh...nevermind.

So you'll support a politician because he's taken positions you support, despite the fact that he might be a criminal or corrupt?

I'm not actually commenting on Biden himself, but just following the mindset that is presented.

Wow, way to read into a post what isn't there.....

Nixon was just stupid. He would've been remembered as the best president since Truman if he wasn't so paranoid. There was no need to bug the Watergate. Nixon was set to win in a landslide, but he let his paranoia get the best of him and it cost him everything.

:csad:

Though I would argue he is still the best President since Truman.

Nixon got caught.......that is what separates him from other presidents.....

Probably true. But his legacy will always be the crazy, paranoid, criminal president.

Hmmmmmm....time has been alittle easier on Nixon, especially since his death.

Hmmmmmm....time has been alittle easier on Nixon, especially since his death.

Perhaps historians have been, but for the most part, in the mainstream, he is still the punchline to a joke and remembered as a criminal.

Perhaps historians have been, but for the most part, in the mainstream, he is still the punchline to a joke and remembered as a criminal.

I can agree with that as far as the mainstream, but as far as acadamia.....they tend to YES, look at the ending of his presidency......but they teach the foreign policy as an extreme positive.

I can agree with that as far as the mainstream, but as far as acadamia.....they tend to YES, look at the ending of his presidency......but they teach the foreign policy as an extreme positive.

Well that was inevitable. Nixon's policies had a major effect on not only America but the whole damn world. They set the groundwork for years to come. It was inevitable that he get the credit he deserves for that in the academic world, because it is impossible not to teach it and to focus only on Watergate.

Well that was inevitable. Nixon's policies had a major effect on not only America but the whole damn world. They set the groundwork for years to come. It was inevitable that he get the credit he deserves for that in the academic world, because it is impossible not to teach it and to focus only on Watergate.

True....but I gotta tell ya.........it took awhile. When I was in college straight out of high school taking political science classes, they simply choose not to mention him......but now as I go to Political conferences, Foreign Policy conferences etc.......he is talked in a much more favorable manner. Early on they would speak of that time period, but never mention him.......that has changed.

Excel, if you don't have anything productive to add to the conversation, why post? Are you really so desperate for attention that you'll make a meaningless post to obtain it?

My opinion is something to add. Biden seems like a boss/badass who can do Obamas dirty work by attacking McCain :up:

My opinion is something to add. Biden seems like a boss/badass who can do Obamas dirty work by attacking McCain :up:
:yay: You and a few others were giving your "one liners".......

Reminded me of the "Review Threads" in the comic forums.....:cwink:

"That movie sucked...."

"Batman is bad ass...." :word:

:yay: You and a few others were giving your "one liners".......

Reminded me of the "Review Threads" in the comic forums.....:cwink:

"That movie sucked...."

"Batman is bad ass...." :word:

Exactly. Once again, please re-read the announcement, Excel. This forum is not meant for fanboy-esque behavior. Posters in this section are being held to a higher standard. If you cannot meet it, please leave.

Ask that question to the people of Youngstown Ohio. Jim Trafficant may have been a corrupt bastard who took more bribes than a crooked cop, but he also fought for his electorate, and Youngstown has been going even further down hill since Trafficant lost his seat and was imprisoned.

Where I'm from, we don't wait for our federal politician to give us goodies to help us clean up our messes or add infrastructure.

We simply get busy. :word:

This is a great Biden quote:

"I was in the Oval Office the other day, and the President asked me what I would do about resignations. I said, 'Look, Mr. President, would I keep Rumsfeld? Absolutely not.' And I turned to Vice President Cheney, who was there, and I said, 'Mr. Vice President, I wouldn't keep you if it weren't constitutionally required.'

I turned back to the President and said, 'Mr. President, Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld are bright guys, really patriotic, but they've been dead wrong on every major piece of advice they've given you. That's why I'd get rid of them, Mr. President---not just Abu Ghraib.' They said nothing. Just sat there like big old bullfrogs on a log and looked at me."

--- Rolling Stone interview, June 2004

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Wow....

deep.....

and

bad ass......

It's "straight talk", though. And that's what the left is in desperate need of.

Hmmmm....I'm more impressed with his work in the Senate than his mouth.......

Hmmmm....I'm more impressed with his work in the Senate than his mouth.......
I don't disagree. But the problem I've seen the left having of late is that there's no one who would say "crap" if they had a mouthful. We could review Biden's resume over and over, but his ability to convey the left's message in a non-"elitist" way is what makes him such a badass. Oh, that and the shades.

This is a great Biden quote:

"I was in the Oval Office the other day, and the President asked me what I would do about resignations. I said, 'Look, Mr. President, would I keep Rumsfeld? Absolutely not.' And I turned to Vice President Cheney, who was there, and I said, 'Mr. Vice President, I wouldn't keep you if it weren't constitutionally required.'

I turned back to the President and said, 'Mr. President, Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld are bright guys, really patriotic, but they've been dead wrong on every major piece of advice they've given you. That's why I'd get rid of them, Mr. President---not just Abu Ghraib.' They said nothing. Just sat there like big old bullfrogs on a log and looked at me."

--- Rolling Stone interview, June 2004

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Wow. :eek:

That's the definition of speaking your mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back