The 2008 US Presidential Election thread

So you're saying it will never happen?

I just really doubt anyone would give Gore complete control over the energy policies without interference.

Gore does not gain anything by being given the "privledge" of overseeing someone elses' energy policy. If he does not have control over the department, then he will have more power and greater ability to influence energy policy as the glorified lobbyist he is now.

Gore does not gain anything by being given the "privledge" of overseeing someone elses' energy policy. If he does not have control over the department, then he will have more power and greater ability to influence energy policy as the glorified lobbyist he is now.

Well said Matt.

I was actually questioning the possibility of anyone being given absolute control over the US energy policy. There's just too many experts and lobbyists and politicans with a stake in it for anyone to have free range over it.

I was actually questioning the possibility of anyone being given absolute control over the US energy policy. There's just too many experts and lobbyists and politicans with a stake in it for anyone to have free range over it.

Al Gore isn't just anyone MD.

Al Gore isn't just anyone MD.

Never said he was, just that no one person can have control of something with that wide an impact scope here. There's way too many people it effects and have a stake in the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"