The 2008 US Presidential Election thread

I can see a Obama/Bloomberg happening, but I would not mind seeing a Obama/Biden ticket since Biden would fill in the experience gap, if not as Vice President then in the cabinet somewhere. I also like the idea of Gore as Energy sec. That may be the position Obama would give him that he talked about.

I have alot of respect for Joe Biden. Has he officially come out to support either candidate yet? I always thought he was among the Clinton camp.

I can see a Obama/Bloomberg happening, but I would not mind seeing a Obama/Biden ticket since Biden would fill in the experience gap, if not as Vice President then in the cabinet somewhere. I also like the idea of Gore as Energy sec. That may be the position Obama would give him that he talked about.

I can't see an Obama/Bloomberg ticket. Obama doesn't need Bloomberg's money and Bloomberg isn't a Democrat and probably has no intention on rejoining them.

I can't see an Obama/Bloomberg ticket. Obama doesn't need Bloomberg's money and Bloomberg isn't a Democrat and probably has no intention on rejoining them.

I don't see it happening either, but I guess Bloomberg could shore up a lot of independent support? :huh:

I don't see it happening either, but I guess Bloomberg could shore up a lot of independent support? :huh:

True it would, Obama's been losing a good amount of independent support lately.

True it would, Obama's been losing a good amount of independent support lately.

I really think a good portion of this election could come down to independents. If Obama does become the nominee, you're right, he has been slowly losing that support. I also think that John McCain's VP decision will affect his amount of independent support as I've said before.

I really think a good portion of this election could come down to independents. If Obama does become the nominee, you're right, he has been slowly losing that support. I also think that John McCain's VP decision will affect his amount of independent support as I've said before.

I personally think that this election will single handedly be decided by independents. If McCain wins Michigan, he'll win because of the independent vote.

Not gonna happen in New York. If Obama is the nominee, he'll hold on to NYC's black population, and most liberals in NYC/ Long Island will vote for Obama as well. That's really all that matters, since Upstate doesn't have much of a say in elections.

You have no idea how much that pisses Upstaters off.

Not gonna happen in New York. If Obama is the nominee, he'll hold on to NYC's black population, and most liberals in NYC/ Long Island will vote for Obama as well. That's really all that matters, since Upstate doesn't have much of a say in elections.

If Rice were to become his VP, he would lose more support than it would gain. (And it makes that argument of a third Bush term all the more obvious.)

You have no idea how much that pisses Upstaters off.

I come from Upstate, my family still lives there, most of the people I know from there are Republicans... so yeah, I understand how that annoys many of them.

I come from Upstate, my family still lives there, most of the people I know from there are Republicans... so yeah, I understand how that annoys many of them.

Oh yeah, I forgot you came from Upstate.

But still, even I find it completely unfair how New York City completely negates how Upstate goes in nationally oriented elections. I have to constantly explain to my extremely conservative friend that if it weren't for New York City, New York would actually be a rather reliable Republican area.

Oh yeah, I forgot you came from Upstate.

But still, even I find it completely unfair how New York City completely negates how Upstate goes in nationally oriented elections. I have to constantly explain to my extremely conservative friend that if it weren't for New York City, New York would actually be a rather reliable Republican area.

Yeah, but that happens in just about every big state. Pennsylvania usually goes Democratic because of Philly and Pittsburgh, Michigan because of Detroit, California because of San Francisco and Los Angeles (among others), Oregon because of Portland and Washington because of Seattle... big cities have more people, as do their suburbs... even though much of these states go for Republicans...

Former Republican Rep. Bob Barr formally jumped into the White House race Monday as a candidate for the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination.

Barr, the onetime darling of conservatives who led the impeachment fight against former President Bill Clinton, said he is running because voters want a choice beyond the two political parties.

"They believe that America has more and better to offer than what the current political situation is serving up to us," he said Monday at the National Press Club in Washington. "The reason for that is very simple, they believe in America as I believe in America. We believe in an America that is not and should not be and should never be driven by fear as current policies on behalf of both parties are in this country."

For the full article, click below.
Barr announces Presidential bid
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/12/barr-announces-presidential-bid/

Thinking about this, Jim Webb would be a hell of a choice for Obama if he could get him. Webb would have trouble running against McCain though cause of their friendship, still it would give Obama someone of McCain level combat experience and a damn fine human being.

Obama has it. But who should his partner be? I'm not convinced it will be Clinton,that's too much. I don't know...something says Gore,but I'm not sure..

Obama has it. But who should his partner be? I'm not convinced it will be Clinton,that's too much. I don't know...something says Gore,but I'm not sure..

Gore is the most respected man in the party. He could've easily overtook both Clinton and Obama if he entered the race. Why the hell would he take a number two spot...again?

Your infinite knowledge of American politics always astounds me :up:

:whatever:

There's no way that Gore would accept the second spot again.

The only second tier spot that Al Gore would take is the Secretary of Energy job...and the only way he would take that is if he gets to completely control the entire department and its policy with absolutely no interference.

^and the freedom to make more movies. This time as star.

The only second tier spot that Al Gore would take is the Secretary of Energy job...and the only way he would take that is if he gets to completely control the entire department and its policy with absolutely no interference.

So you're saying it will never happen?

I don't think it will. I don't think he'll get back in politics at all.

I just really doubt anyone would give Gore complete control over the energy policies without interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"