The President Obama Thread: 'Super Bears!' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say this image alone:

obama_hope.jpg

Creates a messianic image. Yes, his campaign didn't create it, but they mass distribute it. Claiming that your face is the symbol of hope for an entire country is a bit arrogant and messianic. I'd say going on Monday Night Football before you have even completed a full year in the media to play into the will he/won't he speculation regarding his run for presidency BEFORE HE EVEN SERVED A FULL YEAR IN THE SENATE is fairly messianic. Need I continue?

please do continue, because you're not making a convincing argument.

i'm still not seeing the whole "messianic" thing, especially with the monday night football thing. that's really a stretch.

running for office requires selling yourself, that's just the way politics work. he's not doing anything other politicians haven't already done before him.

did the campaign actually distribute those images or were they distributed by PACs?

Obama greater than Jesus

Some see God's will in Obama win
"Lord, we have again come to you in prayer, and you have heard our cries from heaven, and you have sent us again from the state called Illinois, a man called Barack to heal our land," said Younginer, a 62-year-old retired information systems worker at Coca Cola in Atlanta. "We pray that you will build a hedge around him that will protect him from those who would do him harm."
"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

Spike Lee said:
"When that happens, it will change everything. ... You'll have to measure time by `Before Obama' and `After Obama,'" Lee said during the panel. "It's an exciting time to be alive now." ...

Micah Tillman said:
“Barack Obama is the Platonic philosopher king we've been looking for for the past 2400 years”.

I laughed when Shep, who created the Obama posters, jabbed at Obama last night on Colbert.

please do continue, because you're not making a convincing argument.

i'm still not seeing the whole "messianic" thing, especially with the monday night football thing. that's really a stretch.

running for office requires selling yourself, that's just the way politics work. he's not doing anything other politicians haven't already done before him.

did the campaign actually distribute those images or were they distributed by PACs?

The campaign distributed them. And that is your opinion. Learn to deal with others.

So if 2007 is 1 B.O. (Before Obama) what would it be now? Hahaha omg I have a stream of materials on the Obama fanatics, been saving them up just to shove it in people's face.

that's just grandiose rhetoric. i'm pretty sure he wasn't being literal.

Way to miss why I actually posted the quotes....

I never said he thought he was the Messiah, nor did I even say his campaign tried to portray him as such.

My point was HOW OTHERS SAW HIM......and the quotes back that up.

And don't get me wrong, I think it was very unfair to put him up on the pedestal, but honestly he did nothing to stop them....so he has to hold some of the responsibility, and unfortunately the consequences of that may be falling a long way down.

I demand my join date be changed to 6 B.O. :cmad:

Way to miss why I actually posted the quotes....

I never said he thought he was the Messiah, nor did I even say his campaign tried to portray him as such.

My point was HOW OTHERS SAW HIM......and the quotes back that up.

And don't get me wrong, I think it was very unfair to put him up on the pedestal, but honestly he did nothing to stop them....so he has to hold some of the responsibility, and unfortunately the consequences of that may be falling a long way down.

yeah, that went way over my head. :whatever:

that's all common knowledge, though. my only problem is when people like matt try to claim that obama and his campaign put forth a messianic image of him. i'm well aware of the press' obsession with him.

I haven't insulted yours, have I?

yeah, that went way over my head. :whatever:

that's all common knowledge, though. my only problem is when people like matt try to claim that obama and his campaign put forth a messianic image of him. i'm well aware of the press' obsession with him.

I never said that he or his campaign made it. I said exactly what Kel said he did nothing to stop it, and yes, fed into it.

I never said that he or his campaign made it. I said exactly what Kel said he did nothing to stop it, and yes, fed into it.

i didn't say you did, but i disagree with your claim that they fed into it.

you've dismissed them and can't back yours up. i'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

You accuse me of being dismissive? I've answered your request to back it up and you essentially said, "That's B.S."

You accuse me of being dismissive? I've answered your request to back it up and you essentially said, "That's B.S."

because your examples were weak. show me where he did anything any other politician hasn't done in the past. he had a political slogan and posters with his face on it??? what an ego! he used populist, inspirational rhetoric tinged with biblical references??? that monster! he appeared on nationally televised events to gain public interest??? what a devious cad!

I think no matter who came into office this would be happening. the 2008 president was inheriting a clusterf***. He/She was going to get hit hard by criticism either way.

My personal opinion is that the media purposely made Obama out to more than what he was. Because they knew that, that would make his fall look even harder.

Anyone that thought that all this would be cleaned up within a term is insane. & that sadly is most of the American voters.

The media was for Obama to see make his fall harder? The media has a conservative agenda? WUT!??!?!?!?!?!

I wouldn't say the media wanted Obama to fail, but the they definitely wanted to get a rise out of him. They hated when he played the calm cool demeanor, because angry sells.

So ONE network means the entire media has a conservative bias?

LMAO.....that is the first time I have heard that......I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"