The Vision and the Scarlet Witch tv series

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
thought this deserved its own thread now

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-vision-is-coming-to-disneys-scarlet-witch-streaming-1830783413?IR=T

As the sun sets on the Netflix-bound portion of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe, the new slate of shows premiering on the upcoming Disney+ streaming service are rising to seemingly take their place.

We’ve known for some time now that Marvel’s moving forward with a Loki series starring Tom Hiddleston, following earlier reports that the studio was considering it along with a separate series focused on Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch. According to Deadline, though, that project is actually being developed as Vision and the Scarlet With, a shift that might seem minor, but could have major implications for the show.

Pairing Wanda and Vision isn’t all that surprising, given the romance between the two of them that’s been blossoming over the course of Marvel’s past few films. But the fact that the pair have already had a couple of Vision and the Scarlet Witch miniseries in Marvel’s comics could mean that those stories may factor into the direction of the new Disney+ series.

Hmm... They'll officially be calling her Scarlet Witch. Hope they change her powers till the show (or during the show).

I was really glad to hear of a SW show and that was made even better when I heard it was going to feature Vision too. A true MCU powerhouse couple. I hope they both really get to unleash everything they’ve got in this series.

So hyped for this. Vision is my favorite MCU Avenger so I am so glad he's finally getting his own content, and I could think of no better co-lead for him than Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch. This has been a dream MCU movie of mine for years and I'm pretty much getting my wish here. Can't wait!

So hyped for this. Vision is my favorite MCU Avenger so I am so glad he's finally getting his own content, and I could think of no better co-lead for him than Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch. This has been a dream MCU movie of mine for years and I'm pretty much getting my wish here. Can't wait!
I was worried we’d seen the last of Vision so I was totally stoked to hear about him being included in this.

I know they have to keep the budget small but I would definitely love to see the Salem seven as the big bad in this

What time period do you guys want the show to take place in? I want it to be post-AIW 2 with Wanda and Vision settling in their domestic life. Their relationship is perhaps one of the two I high-key ship in the MCU movies.

I know they have to keep the budget small but I would definitely love to see the Salem seven as the big bad in this
I thought they said the budgets for these were going to be high?

What time period do you guys want the show to take place in? I want it to be post-AIW 2 with Wanda and Vision settling in their domestic life. Their relationship is perhaps one of the two I high-key ship in the MCU movies.
For me definitely post A4, as that means for one thing that they are both alive and able to continue in future films. :cwink:

I hope they develop their relationship well and get to show off the full extent of their powers properly.

I thought their story was the most boring part of IW. Hopefully the show is more entertaining.

I thought their story was the most boring part of IW. Hopefully the show is more entertaining.

That's because their story was very barebones and whereas the likes of Doctor Strange, Gamora, and Spiderman had hours of screentime to develop, Wanda and Vision basically only had 20 minutes.

Hopefully they add Chthon and Agatha to the mix to spice things up.

Vision has lost his emotions but can still remember who he was. He wants to be human again. Wanda still loves him. She meets Agatha and travels to New Salem, an extra dimensional secret city of witches, warlocks, and outcasts. Agatha and Salem's 7 trains Wanda, and Agatha brimgs Vision to New Salem.

Agatha reveals she believes someone has Vision's soul, someone who possessed the Sceptre.

Chthon revives Modred the Mystic and sends him and a squad of N'garai into New Salem. A battle ensues and Modred reveals that he knows where Vision's soul is, Wanda and Vision pursue him through a portal to Mount Wundagore...

Hopefully they add Chthon and Agatha to the mix to spice things up.
They'd still need to make a deal with FOX for Agatha as they don't own FOX yet and Agatha is part of the Fantastic Four package.

I do still believe these shows may build towards Young Avengers, so I expect them to at least talk about the possibility of having children.

Wonder when this will come out. I’m hoping for a Feb/March 2020 release, assuming Loki releases fall 2019 with the start of Disney+.

Vision has lost his emotions but can still remember who he was. He wants to be human again. Wanda still loves him. She meets Agatha and travels to New Salem, an extra dimensional secret city of witches, warlocks, and outcasts. Agatha and Salem's 7 trains Wanda, and Agatha brimgs Vision to New Salem.

Agatha reveals she believes someone has Vision's soul, someone who possessed the Sceptre.

Chthon revives Modred the Mystic and sends him and a squad of N'garai into New Salem. A battle ensues and Modred reveals that he knows where Vision's soul is, Wanda and Vision pursue him through a portal to Mount Wundagore...

That sounded so complicated for a second before I remembered the project is a TV series, not a movie. :funny:

Is this TV series a real thing? If it is to be confirmed...will their series stay within the confines of the MCU timeline? Will we get any Avenger cameos in the TV series?

I alwasy thought they both got more powers and capabilities to show. Hope to see them in this show.

I can see other Avengers showing up in guest spots like Falcon, Bucky, Widow, or Rhodey

I'm pretty excited to see this, glad they're getting their own show.

This one is probably the one I'm most excited about of the new shows they revealed.

I'm skeptical, just because I have no idea how they could frame this show. Is this like a super powered version of the 'couple solves mysteries' type of show? Who are these two even going to be dealing with really? Is this going to be basically a mid-tier movie (around 60M budget) cut up into 3 hour-long episodes?

So many questions.

Nice, they should go for a story where Wanda gets hired as a nanny and they all think she’s Mary Poppins but really she’s twisted haha

My guess is it's going to focus on their relationship and somehow, possibly with an appearance from a future Vision or something, we're going to end up with Speed and Wiccan to throw into the Young Avengers by the end of it.

White Vision and Wanda and Vizh both being retired were foreshadowed in Infinity War.

Just because it's called Vision and Scarlet Witch doesn't mean they will be a couple in it. In fact I think they will be estranged from each other due to White Vision lacking emotions, which of course was the starting point of King's comic.

I think White Vision sets up a robot family, and that Wanda has little or nothing to do with it.

Wanda is elsewhere, and meets Agatha Harkness, who teaches her about her powers.

We see flashbacks of their relationship between Age of Ultron and Infinity War.

Agatha's training leads to Wanda becoming increasingly aware of the source of her power, an eerie mountain in Sokovia.

Meanwhile the situation with Virginia deepens and Viv is revived by Vision.

Seeking answers, Wanda travels to Wundagore Mountain, despite Agatha warning her not to. She sees in a vivid dream, Vision in a rage killing many people (this replacing Agatha seeing it via Everbloom in the comic).

That's how their arcs converge.

I expect that there will be some more traditional superhero plot, but also a lot of focus on their relationship. For that issue 7 of Vision has basically a summary that also adds a lot of both comedic and dramatic moments. It also has some of my favorite panels from that run.

Vis&Wanda.png 0.png Visnotreal.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"