Infinity War No More Thanos - The Scarlet Witch Thread

It's a deleted scene on the home video version, called "Hunt For the Mind Stone," an extended version of the Edinburgh scene.

And I agree, while I would like to see Wanda and Vision get more screen time, I'm glad they cut it. Because the scene ends with their non-superpowered friends coming in to save them, that extra chase material would just have made them look weak and frightened, even if that wasn't the intention.

tumblr_pdgpqzGzOL1u4kolmo1_540.gif

tumblr_pdgpqzGzOL1u4kolmo3_540.gif

tumblr_pdgpqzGzOL1u4kolmo2_540.gif

Those Wakandan guys must feel a bit like fools; they're fighting CGI characters, so [when acting] they're just fighting the air?

Disney's Scarlet Witch TV show could finally introduce the X-Men to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Disney's Scarlet Witch TV show could finally introduce the X-Men to the Marvel Cinematic Universe

That article says "How it could" not "It could". It's a speculative article and not saying that the X-Men might show up in that show. I don't think Feige is going to want them to be introduced in such a low key way in a show that not everyone might see after getting the X-Men rights back. They might cross reference them, but I think he's going to want to have a proper big screen film where they debut.

I'd love to see a Scarlet Witch show as long as it's one moving forward with her story and not a prequel.

I'd love to see a Scarlet Witch show as long as it's one moving forward with her story and not a prequel.
I don't think we need to worry about her stuff being a prequel. She hasn't been around that long, and before her introduction she was locked up with Hydra, and before that she had no powers. There'd not be much of a prequel to tell.

I suspect, if we're getting sequel material (seems more likely) then it'll be her adventures moving forward (presumably without Vision, otherwise it would be the Witch & Vision show). Loki's going to be the interesting one; he's obviously got a lot of history to fill, but there's still a chance that he somehow survives Thanos in the sequel and his story is told from there.

I don't think we need to worry about her stuff being a prequel. She hasn't been around that long, and before her introduction she was locked up with Hydra, and before that she had no powers. There'd not be much of a prequel to tell.

I suspect, if we're getting sequel material (seems more likely) then it'll be her adventures moving forward (presumably without Vision, otherwise it would be the Witch & Vision show). Loki's going to be the interesting one; he's obviously got a lot of history to fill, but there's still a chance that he somehow survives Thanos in the sequel and his story is told from there.

They could do a prequel with Wanda and Pietro. It could be about life in Sokovia. They can go to the market or work on the farm or drive out to the well to get some water. It can be about life in the village. Make it 13 episodes like Netflix. Only in the last 15 minutes of episode 13 they get captured by Hydra. Before then it's all farm and village life. Maybe the odd drama here and there about catching a pig for dinner.

They could do a prequel with Wanda and Pietro. It could be about life in Sokovia. They can go to the market or work on the farm or drive out to the well to get some water. It can be about life in the village. Make it 13 episodes like Netflix. Only in the last 15 minutes of episode 13 they get captured by Hydra. Before then it's all farm and village life. Maybe the odd drama here and there about catching a pig for dinner.
That honestly sounds quite dull. I can't imagine many people tuning in for a story about a brother and sister living on or near a farm. People want the action. They want to see Scarlet Witch, not (only) Wanda.

That honestly sounds quite dull. I can't imagine many people tuning in for a story about a brother and sister living on or near a farm. People want the action. They want to see Scarlet Witch, not (only) Wanda.

That doesn't sound any duller than board meetings for Iron Fist and people tuned in for that. :o

It's all about the promise of what will come, not about what is actually happening. As long as you dangle some sort of carrot, people will sit through anything even if they decide to push the last 15 minutes of Hydra capturing them in episode 13 to a future season.

My ideal Scarlet Witch mini series would be her getting more integrated with SHIELD, learning more combat and spying skills, etc. Ideally with Nat, but I'm assuming she's out of the picture because she's getting a solo movie.

Maybe Wanda and Sam can go on some undercover misadventures.

So, this Scarlet Witch series, here's my take, my musings and ideas;

I would set the series in New Salem and Wundagore.

New Salem enables world-building and also handily explains why other Avengers are not involved; they and Strange dont even know New Salem exists.

I think Feige wants a female relationship focused story, and I think the Scarlet Witch mini series will have a female dominated cast.

As such I think the relationship between Wanda and Agatha would be the main focus aside from Wanda herself.

Vertigo would fill the Kilmonger/Mordo role, representing the rejection of humanity. Salem's 7 would be elite Witches and Warlocks, rather than magical creatures. She would represent New Salem's isolationist ideology.

Agatha teaches Wanda the Witch's sight and this enables Wanda to recall her earliest memories, of birth on Mount Wundagore. No citadel of science, instead a hidden Chthonic temple containing Living Clay and covered in Everbloom.

Wundagore sees a return to Sokovia and Wanda being drawn to her birthplace, to Chthon.

Chthon being the patriarch to Agatha's matriarch, both training Wanda but with very different goals, would be a strong theme. Modred the Mystic being the tragic villain, a warning to Wanda of the danger that comes with the power of Chthon.

Wanda journeys into Chthon's dimension and confronts him, he mentions her lineage, and claims he decides her destiny. He offers to restore Vision's soul, tempting her. She refuses. Because he is part of her, he is unable to attack her as he would any other sorcerer.

She returns to New Salem and is granted the title of "Scarlet Witch" by Agatha and the witches, which Agatha reveals to be the title held by her great grandmother, Natalya.

Cast:
Scarlet Witch
Agatha Harkness
Chthon

Modred the Mystic
Vertigo

Gazelle
Vakume
Hydron
Reptilla
Thorn
Brutacus

Emerald Warlock
Kierok the Damned
N'garai
Ancient One (flashback, with Agatha)
Vision
Set
Gaea
Oshtur

Guest appearances: Shuri, Doctor Strange.

I just hope that they don't dumb down the CGI... since its not a movie I hope they invest the same amount into their CGI for SW's psy-energy effects. Hoping that since its under Marvel they will utilize their in house effects studios to keep the quality right up there with the MCU films.

I just hope that they don't dumb down the CGI... since its not a movie I hope they invest the same amount into their CGI for SW's psy-energy effects. Hoping that since its under Marvel they will utilize their in house effects studios to keep the quality right up there with the MCU films.
The budgets have been rumoured to be big so hopefully we get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"