Age of Ultron Andrea and Andreas Von Strucker are Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Gifford

Civilian
Reaction score
Hear me out on this theory. HitFix confirmed Baron Von Strucker is in Age of Ultron and Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch work for him. In the comics Baron has two superpowered twins, Andrea and Andreas, also known as the "Fenris."

Because Marvel cant use Magneto, it seems that they will instead make Baron Von Strucker the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Why do I think they will be Andrea and Andreas and not Wanda and Pietro? Fox is already using the Maximoffs, and Marvel are very territorial over their characters. I think Andrea and Andreas will be an amalgamation of their comic counterparts and Wanda and Pietro, like how Whiplash was combined with Crimson Dynamo. By making the Von Strucker twins the MCU Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Marvel can change them up enough so they aren't confused with Fox's versions of the characters.

Thoughts?

hello and welcome to last week. it was an incredible week, I hope you'll enjoy it.

I don't think they will be made related. Baron Strucker is only supposed to be small role in the film, and making him Wanda and Pietro's father would only increase his story importance. You're not supposed to think of him again after he is quickly dispatched. I think the twins are only working him.

no pls

The twins do not have to be anyone's children.

Strucker is the second villain

I think Strucker will be Robert Redford
Winter will set up much of AOU

I think Shield is infiltrated in Winter Soldier

I'd be willing to bet that Joss is combining the Maximoffs' story with Fenris' story. I think the characters will be "Wanda and Pietro von Strucker." Combining the backstories gives an easy origin to the super twins, and eliminates the problematic Magneto angle (which obviously could never have been used due to Fox owning the movie rights).

It simplifies a lot of angles, and makes it easier for general audiences to follow.

Interesting idea.

Would be hilarious if theyu change that for the comics.

People only make the issue of the twins' MCU parentage such a big deal because their father is/came to be Magneto in the comics. Other than Stark and Thor, the other heroes' parents are either brushed aside or not mentioned at all. I think this can easily be done with the Maximoffs.

Last edited:
People only make the issue of the twins' MCU parentage such a big deal because their father is/came to be Magneto in the comics. Other than Stark and Thor, the other heroes' parents are either brushed aside or not mentioned at all. I think this can easily be done with the Maximoffs.

Parentage, yes; power origins, no. You've got to have a fairly specific reason for Wanda to use hex magic and Quicksilver to be a speedster. Genetic manipulation by the leader of HYDRA is a quick fix. And rather than the twins being randomly selected, there's a lot more of a dramatic hook if those kids are chosen specifically by their father for some twisted views on creating a new master race.

Or he simply their boss/mentor, there's always that.

Or he simply their boss/mentor, there's always that.

Yes, there's always that. But where's the drama? Where's the hook? There's always more tension when a child tries to escape the clutches of an evil parent (which is what Wanda & Pietro are, after all, known for), than from an employee escaping an employer.

I can live with the strucker thing. It makes sense and it keeps the drama. Plus it's a great arc for the characters

Yes, there's always that. But where's the drama? Where's the hook? There's always more tension when a child tries to escape the clutches of an evil parent (which is what Wanda & Pietro are, after all, known for), than from an employee escaping an employer.

Many fans would rather see the comics honored at the expense of compelling cinema. That's what it basically comes down to.

Many fans would rather see the comics honored at the expense of compelling cinema. That's what it basically comes down to.

That's just it --- there's no way the comics *can* be honored viz. Wanda & Pietro since there's no Magneto, and no mutations. So the twins' origin will necessarily be something new. Having Von Strucker as their crazy white-power pops trying to turn them into supervillains is about as close as you can get to Mags without actually being there ---- just trading "mutant power" for "white/German power." Then the twins get out from under his control, join forces with the good guys, and the rest is history.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable MCU compromise for Magneto, The Brotherhood, and the mutant twins.

Baron Strucker isn't big enough of a villain. Their father should be Thanos. After they join the Avengers, there should be a post-credits scene where Thanos reveals that he is their father. Baron Strucker should just be their temporary boss.

Baron Strucker isn't big enough of a villain. Their father should be Thanos. After they join the Avengers, there should be a post-credits scene where Thanos reveals that he is their father. Baron Strucker should just be their temporary boss.

What...aliens? No thanks. We'll get plenty enough of those in GOTG.

Thanos is their father, and then Thanos is revealed to only be a british actor and actually MODOK was the real Thanos the whole time

Many will but that doesn't mean the movies will do what they say. We have seen many changes that we have learned to accept and love to enhance the cinematic quality such as Jarvis and no Donald blake.

People aren't as puritanical as they were 13 years ago when comic book movies were first being made

That's just it --- there's no way the comics *can* be honored viz. Wanda & Pietro since there's no Magneto, and no mutations. So the twins' origin will necessarily be something new. Having Von Strucker as their crazy white-power pops trying to turn them into supervillains is about as close as you can get to Mags without actually being there ---- just trading "mutant power" for "white/German power." Then the twins get out from under his control, join forces with the good guys, and the rest is history.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable MCU compromise for Magneto, The Brotherhood, and the mutant twins.

Oh, I agree 100% with you. I'm just saying, this idea will get a lot of resistance. It might ultimately come to fruition though.

I don't oppose the idea because it's different from the comics. I'm fine with changes to the source material as long as they work in context. I oppose it because it'd be pointless, especially is Strucker is essentially a pre-credit scene villain. He's their boss, he's their mentor, maybe he even raised them after their real father wasn't around. There's plenty of drama to be had in that.

I'd be willing to bet that Joss is combining the Maximoffs' story with Fenris' story. I think the characters will be "Wanda and Pietro von Strucker." Combining the backstories gives an easy origin to the super twins, and eliminates the problematic Magneto angle (which obviously could never have been used due to Fox owning the movie rights).

It simplifies a lot of angles, and makes it easier for general audiences to follow.

Ther is no Magneto problem. He was never mentioned as there father in the comics in there orginal origin. Blasicly some writer came up with the father thing way after they were introduced. Just like how one Sabertooth was introduced as a spiderman villian with no conections to Wolverine and Wolverine was introduced as a Hulk villian to no connections to Sabertooth. Later on when both characters were introduced into the X-men universe some wirter hinted that they might be related (Sabertooth is Wolverine's father) and another wirter didn't like that i deal so h killed it (Blood test shows no relation).

There real comic Origins say nothing about Magneto becasue the Magneto father didn't exist at that point. He doesn't even complicate thing. Its just something that exist in fans minds.

Last edited:
How is Magneto a problem. He was never mentioned as there father in the comics in there orginal origin. Blasicly some writer came up with the father thing way after they were introduced. Just like how one Sabertooth was introduced as a spiderman villian with no conections to Wolverine and Wolverine was introduced as a Hulk villian to no connections to Sabertooth. Later on when both characters were introduced into the X-men universe some wirter hinted that they might be related (Sabertooth is Wolverine's father) and another wirter didn't like that i deal so h killed it (Blood test shows no relation).

and because of the last writer we have crap like Romulus and Dog Logan.

I don't oppose the idea because it's different from the comics. I'm fine with changes to the source material as long as they work in context. I oppose it because it'd be pointless, especially is Strucker is essentially a pre-credit scene villain. He's their boss, he's their mentor, maybe he even raised them after their real father wasn't around. There's plenty of drama to be had in that.

I don't think Von Strucker is a "pre-credit scene villain." People are misreading the original article, which suggested that Von Strucker would be *like* a 007 prologue villain, but didn't come right out and say definitively that he *was* just in AOU's prologue.

The fact of the matter is that Feige and pretty much everyone have been saying that CATWS hands off the baton to AOU, so the events of that movie (which involve the iconic SHIELD vs. HYDRA conflict of the comic books) will lead directly into the Avengers sequel. This is why I'm positive that Ultron's origins lie within SHIELD, HYDRA, or both, rather than Stark. The arrival/reveal of Von Strucker as head of HYDRA is most likely set up by the end of CATWS, so he's *not* going to be a throwaway villain who's onscreen for a few minutes before the opening credits roll.

And Wanda & Pietro's origins are likely going to be a big deal in the movie. Their powersets are unique and very specific, and require some sort of explanation to the general audience. Their actual comic book origins are extremely convoluted and absurd, and tie directly into the backstory of Magneto and mutantkind, and therefore will never be used at all. So Joss needs a simple fix for their origin story. Genetic manipulation by a terrorist organization would fit, and would be more than a nice nod to a canonical read of the Maximoff twins *and* the Von Strucker twins.

I don't think Von Strucker is a "pre-credit scene villain." People are misreading the original article, which suggested that Von Strucker would be *like* a 007 prologue villain, but didn't come right out and say definitively that he *was* just in AOU's prologue.

The fact of the matter is that Feige and pretty much everyone have been saying that CATWS hands off the baton to AOU, so the events of that movie (which involve the iconic SHIELD vs. HYDRA conflict of the comic books) will lead directly into the Avengers sequel. This is why I'm positive that Ultron's origins lie within SHIELD, HYDRA, or both, rather than Stark. The arrival/reveal of Von Strucker as head of HYDRA is most likely set up by the end of CATWS, so he's *not* going to be a throwaway villain who's onscreen for a few minutes before the opening credits roll.

And Wanda & Pietro's origins are likely going to be a big deal in the movie. Their powersets are unique and very specific, and require some sort of explanation to the general audience. Their actual comic book origins are extremely convoluted and absurd, and tie directly into the backstory of Magneto and mutantkind, and therefore will never be used at all. So Joss needs a simple fix for their origin story. Genetic manipulation by a terrorist organization would fit, and would be more than a nice nod to a canonical read of the Maximoff twins *and* the Von Strucker twins.
QFT

This makes sense. This is just like the whole no Pym thing. People, changes have to be made; as long as they make sense and offer something: who cares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"