The Warriors (1979) Thread

JabarR

Sidekick
Reaction score
Who here has ever seen "The Warriors" before?

936full-the-warriors-poster.jpg

Yes great film! In love the sense of place in this film.

One of the first films I seen as a kid with Bad Guys as the Good guys. This and Escape from NY.

"The chicks are packed!"

First movie I ever went to by myself, when it came out.

Saw it again last night on the Sundance Channel.

Awesome film.

Saw it as a kid in the movies when it came out, totally crushed on Mercy, and I have to admit I was probably to young, cause the Baseball Furies while they are laughable now and Luther clanking those bottles , freakin terrified me to no end!
I was so happy when they made it home.

Last edited:
saw it when it first aired :o

This movie inspired me to start my own mime-themed street gang. We were slaughtered by our rivals, the Park Slope Jugglers.

Saw it in theaters bitd. Great, crazy film.

This movie inspired me to start my own mime-themed street gang. We were slaughtered by our rivals, the Park Slope Jugglers.

The Jugglers themselves were decimated by The Prospect Park Street Magicians not long after.

One of my favorite movies. First saw it at the drive-in! :D

(A couple gangs in my town decided to mix it up as a direct result of this movie.)

I love The Warriors' cinematog, too. (Look at Hill's film a few years later, 48 Hrs. It looks drab by comparison.)

Then there's Barry De Vorzon's awesome musical score (which finally got a proper reissue in 2013), along with great songs by Joe Walsh (a version of "In The City" recorded with better musicians than The Eagles), Genya Ravan, Mandrill, and others.

A stone classic!

Really hope this is one they don't re-make. And his is coming from someone who dohas s that re-makes.

Started a gang called The Code cuz of this movie when I was 15.
I own the Director's cut which I'm not really happy with. The original cut was much better.

I was really excited when I heard Tony Scott(R.I.P.) was remaking it. This is a Remake that needs to happen but by a director of his caliber.

WARRIORS!! come out to plaaaaay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"