Oh, No! The Warriors being remade... by MTV!

Duende Verde

Superhero
Reaction score
Why do they have to crap on the classics!!!

The Warriors

From ComingSoon.net source: Variety

Paramount and MTV Films have hired Terence Winter, Emmy-nominated four times for The Sopranos scripts, to pen helmer Tony Scott's remake of The Warriors, reports Variety. The film is an updated version of Paramount's 1979 action film, directed by Walter Hill.

The trade says the project is envisioned as having a heightened reality compared to the original, which was set in New York City. As in the original, the plot will center on the Warriors gang being wrongly accused of assassinating a rival gang leader during a truce and being forced to make their way home through hostile territory.

Writers John Glenn and Travis Wright were first aboard to pen the "Warriors" update, followed by Joel Wyman.

B0000541AM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

it's been a while since I saw The Warriors

but still, some movies should be left alone

My heart just stopped. After a summer of some pretty bad movies this is just the steam on the ****.

Isn't Walter Hill the guy who orignally wanted to direct Alien?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay............i liked another movie by the same name I think....it's with large Kangaroos who can kick ass. It had Marley Shelton in it.

Great!!!!Yet another classic film being given the kiddie treatment for today's audiences.

the frase "Warriors... come out to play-eh-yhea!" will never be the same. :(

Originally posted by PLAS
it's been a while since I saw The Warriors

but still, some movies should be left alone

agree

Originally posted by the_ultimate_evil
$20, its about a bunch of rappers in the ghetto

You may be on to something here!
Maybe they are writing it to be a sequel to "You Got Served!":eek:

The Warriors: You Got Served 2

Originally posted by the_ultimate_evil
$20, its about a bunch of rappers in the ghetto
thats exactly what I thought when I saw this. Swan and Ajax will probably be DMX and Jay-z :(

I'm only waiting for a remake of The Godfather. Or something :)

:mad: The Warriors is an awesome movie! I hope the remake is just as good.

They're remaking a Walter Hill movie?!?!?! Motha f***ers!!!! :mad: :(

Never seen it actually. Know what it is about, looked kind of bad to me, but it is a cult classic (but so is Lost Boys and that is ****), so I kind of want to see it....but

Tony Scott (who did his share of good films such as Spy Game and Man on Fire) is directing so I think a remake could be pretty good, unless MTV really is pinning it and **** it all up.

You guys are late. I knew about this since...two years ago :D

I even made a thread about it, oh well. :o I haven't since the original yet but I would like to.

you guys are over-reacting, I love the Warriors but Tony Scott is directing. You can't tell me he doesn't have the skills to make a great remake

Originally posted by SHABLEIK
you guys are over-reacting, I love the Warriors but Tony Scott is directing. You can't tell me he doesn't have the skills to make a great remake

but why the remake, when we already have one we can watch?

Originally posted by Movies205
Isn't Walter Hill the guy who orignally wanted to direct Alien?

Well, you should know better. Walter Hill and David Giler produced Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien: Ressurection, AND Alien vs. Predator. They also wrote the 3rd, and added the Ash sub-plot to Alien and changed the names to what they are now.

Originally posted by Obsidian
Okaaaaaaaaaaaay............i liked another movie by the same name I think....it's with large Kangaroos who can kick ass. It had Marley Shelton in it.

That would be the awful movie..."Warriors of Virtue".

MtV has been a great distrubitor for independent films

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"