Oh, No! The Warriors being remade... by MTV!

Movies like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre '03, Wolf Creek, and The Devil's Rejects captured a 70's atmosphere perfectly (well, maybe not perfectly in all 3 cases, but quite well). There's no reason that a Warriors remake couldn't.

It can still be set in the 70's and have a 70's feel to it if it's remade today.

I think its pretty safe to say that they are going for a modern version.

I don't know if they are or not, I was just referring to the "there's no way they can capture that 70's feel in a modern movie" comments.

It can be done and has been done numerous times, whether this particular remake will attempt to do it or not I don't know.

Yeah but my point still stands. They most likely aren't even going for the 70's feel which made the original so great.

Whats this movie about? people just beating the **** out of each other?

I just watched the trailer for it on imdb and your complaning why again?

Because MTV is remaking this movie in hopes that people like you will like it.

Duende Verde said:
Because MTV is remaking this movie in hopes that people like you will like it.
i wouldn't see it anyway.

Whats the purpose of this movie? Just to have a bunch of fights and look totally cheesy.

Your from the 80's aren't you? Thats why your mad right? You gotta face it eventually there gonna remake every movie ever made. You gotta know that.

Go watch the movie before you dump all over it. It's my favorite movie, and there are many, many people who share the same sentiment.

J Alba's Lover said:
i wouldn't see it anyway.

Whats the purpose of this movie? Just to have a bunch of fights and look totally cheesy.

Your from the 80's aren't you? Thats why your mad right? You gotta face it eventually there gonna remake every movie ever made. You gotta know that.
Actually, I'm from the 70's. I do like remakes, when they are justified, but why do it to a movie like The Warriors and take away all the things that made it appealing in the first place.

You haven't seen the original and say you don't want to, but I bet that if they included someone that's currently "hip and cool" in the remake like let's say... Jesica Alba, you would be there on opening day.

ToddIsDead said:
Go watch the movie before you dump all over it. It's my favorite movie, and there are many, many people who share the same sentiment.
Hey i'm not i'm just saying what's suppose to make this movie so great? the trailer was meh and i asked was whats the plotline of this movie besides these guys running around.

Duende Verde said:
You haven't seen the original and say you don't want to, but I bet that if they included someone that's currently "hip and cool" in the remake like let's say... Jesica Alba, you would be there on opening day.
gee that didn't take long. You guys complain about remakes. When infact your posts are remakes themselfs.

I mean how many times are you gonna use that excuse? That's the second time i've heard that today already.

The Warriors plot/summary:

Cyrus, leader of the Gramercy Riffs, declares a truce and calls a summit with the intention of uniting all of the New York City area gangs against the dwindling power of the NYPD. However, during his speech he is assassinated by Luther, leader of the Rogues. Luther subsequently frames the Warriors, getting the Warriors leader Cleon murdered by a few Riffs members (however, the film only shows Cleon being brutally attacked due to a fault in the script) and forces the rest of the gang to flee the conclave, which has since dissolved into chaos. The Warriors make their way at night through sparsely populated subways, streets and alleys in the city while running from and battling hostile gangs and the police. Along the way they lose members, split up, and gain/kidnap a (sometimes hostile) female companion named Mercy who becomes involved with the second-in-command, Swan, all while trying to get home. The film ends after a final showdown with the Rogues at the protagonists' home turf of Coney Island. At the end, Swan throws a knife into the wrist of the Rogues' leader, disarming him. The Riffs have massed on the beach, and, having already learned the truth from an unnamed gang member, swarm (and presumably kill) the Rogues as the Warriors head off down the shore.

J Alba's Lover said:
Hey i'm not i'm just saying what's suppose to make this movie so great? the trailer was meh and i asked was whats the plotline of this movie besides these guys running around.
Are you familiar with the story of Xenophon's Anabasis? It's basically a modern version of that, told in a fantastical comic book world of flamboyantly colored gangs in New York City.

It's a greatly loved movie. A real classic action movie from the 70s. It's got a 92% at rotten tomatoes too.

The Warriors = One of the greatest movies ever.

I'm usually pretty calmed and let people think whatever they want, but to say this movie is just about a bunch of guys running around having "cheesy" fights is probably one of the most ******ed things ever said in the history of mankind.

I heard about this a few years ago...and that Eminem was considered for the lead.

Fanticon said:
I heard about this a few years ago...and that Eminem was considered for the lead.
I think I'd have to kill myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"