The WB is No More!!

Crisis Superman said:
I dont see this as anything more than a name change.

1 Crappy Network + 1 Crappy Network = 1 Big Crappy Network

Surely the point of this merger is to boost the ratings by working together and maximising there best while unloading the dead weight of there worst.

You'll see more of Welling's abs it's ok lol

avidreader said:
All the Smallville stage sets are in Vancouver. Burnaby if my memory serves me correct.

My WB is on Channel 5, and excellent place to be, so I hope this new network stays there. And reading that last Press Release that Raku posted, all sounds more than positive to me.

Again I think it's UPN's shows that will lose out more anyway. At the same time it's good for some of it's shows like Everybody Hates Chris for them to stand out more with (comparativley speaking) bigger shows on the former WB.

It's a win-win and besides to me both networks have been similar with there young/urban audiences over the last 10 years, so why not

avidreader said:
All the Smallville stage sets are in Vancouver. Burnaby if my memory serves me correct.

My WB is on Channel 5, and excellent place to be, so I hope this new network stays there. And reading that last Press Release that Raku posted, all sounds more than positive to me.
Yep, they are set, the exterior of the farm is a location.
I think it does sound very positive. I'm looking forward to seeing what the official Fall lineup will be like

I wonder what everyone thought when they first when the Thread Title before coming in LMAO :up:

Super_Ludacris said:
Surely the point of this merger is to boost the ratings by working together and maximising there best while unloading the dead weight of there worst.

You'll see more of Welling's abs it's ok lol

I wouldnt want to but youre the one who seems to be obsessed with them, you keep bringing them up.

*cough* homo *cough*

Spaceballs said:
I wonder what everyone thought when they first when the Thread Title before coming in LMAO :up:

It falsely got my hopes up of the entire WB shutting down.

Spaceballs said:

I got a Google alert and read the article before I came in here. So I wasnt too shocked.

Melly, I'll have to get the directions from you of where the Kent Farm is. I'm gonna be in Vancouver next summer. I'd love to check it out.

Crisis Superman said:
I wouldnt want to but youre the one who seems to be obsessed with them, you keep bringing them up.

*cough* homo *cough*

Actually I was the one who said I would gladly see Lana and Lois lesbian story while you were the one who said no "because it would take the focus off Clark"

Now I know why your dolls are your only friends, your smack talk is as anemic as a Paris Hilton coke party:(

Super_Ludacris said:
Actually I was the one who said I would gladly see Lana and Lois lesbian story while you were the one who said no "because it would take the focus off Clark"

Now I know why your dolls are your only friends, your smack talk is as anemic as a Paris Hilton coke party:(

Did I say it would take focus off Clark you a$$hole?

Look again. I said it would be a stupid storyline and a disservice to Lois and Lana's characters. I know reading is a challenging task for you...but try.

Im not a pervert like you, I know it wouldnt be in the best interests of the show to implement such a storyline. And the reason you cant objectify your perversion from what works for the series is obvious, youre not getting any.

So dont take out your sexual frustration on me.

I have spoken.

the FOS is a set? i thought they really went to the artic for every shot! my faith in network television is ruined.

Crisis Superman said:
Did I say it would take focus off Clark you a$$hole?

Look again. I said it would be a stupid storyline and a disservice to Lois and Lana's characters. I know reading is a challenging task for you...but try.

Im not a pervert like you, I know it wouldnt be in the best interests of the show to implement such a storyline. And the reason you cant objectify your perversion from what works for the series is obvious, youre not getting any.

So dont take out your sexual frustration on me.

I have spoken.

mad.jpg

Super_Ludacris said:
Again I think it's UPN's shows that will lose out more anyway. At the same time it's good for some of it's shows like Everybody Hates Chris for them to stand out more with (comparativley speaking) bigger shows on the former WB.

EXACTLY!

One of the problems with Chris is that it's paired with three terrible half hour shows. The drop off in quality and ratings after EHC is astounding. Both netlets will benefit from dropping their respective dead weight (namely, anything not named Smallville, Gilmore Girls, Beauty & the Geek, Supernatural, Veronica Mars, Everybody Hates Chris, and America's Next Model).

Yeah UPN sucks now, there was a time it actually had some shows I used to watch. But that was like when I was in Junior High and High School ! lol (remembers Buffy, Moesha, All about the Anderson, Steve Harvey, Hughleys). Even those got played out too

Of those shows listed as the strongest... I wonder where Smallville lies? Is it the strongest, or are Gilmore Girls, or Veronica Mars stronger?

Granted, I'm no expert.. but it seems like a good thing for SV to now be one of the strongest performing shows on an even bigger network.

Now let's hope they don't screw up the scheduling.

Serene said:
Of those shows listed as the strongest... I wonder where Smallville lies? Is it the strongest, or are Gilmore Girls, or Veronica Mars stronger?

Granted, I'm no expert.. but it seems like a good thing for SV to now be one of the strongest performing shows on an even bigger network.

I think Smallville (especially after this season's showing) is easily the premier show. I'm not counting reality shows

I hate it when they do this, cause now I'm gonna have a halluva time trying to find the right channel to CW...:o

When the WB was created for the first time our cable company didnt give us the channel up here.

Serene said:

I don't think they will move Smallville it's (according to this article in the Chicago Trib) kicking some major behind, makes sense to leave it where it is.

I think this is good news for Smallville and shows like Supernatural....

Here is what the Chicago Trib writer says about Smallville:

Thursday: Currently “Smallville” is kicking some major behind on this extremely competitive night, so it makes no sense to move it. The trouble is, on this night, UPN has the great “Everybody Hates Chris.” Would “Chris” and “Smallville” really work together? Who knows, but right now the WB’s got “Smallville” paired with the reality show “Beauty and the Geek,” so maybe the lesson is that “Smallville” works with just about anything.

Super_Ludacris said:
did you get UPN?

Nope. I remember having to wake up at 6am to catch the first episodes of extreme ghostbusters cause the UPN would only show on the FOX channel for a few hours.

In fact I still dont think we have UPN.

triplet said:
I don't think they will move Smallville it's (according to this article in the Chicago Trib) kicking some major behind, makes sense to leave it where it is.

I think this is good news for Smallville and shows like Supernatural....

Here is what the Chicago Trib writer says about Smallville:

Thursday: Currently “Smallville” is kicking some major behind on this extremely competitive night, so it makes no sense to move it. The trouble is, on this night, UPN has the great “Everybody Hates Chris.” Would “Chris” and “Smallville” really work together? Who knows, but right now the WB’s got “Smallville” paired with the reality show “Beauty and the Geek,” so maybe the lesson is that “Smallville” works with just about anything.

yeah everything except The Mountain.... then again I dont think "Roots" wouldve worked if it was paired up with The Mountain :D

The Incredible Hulk said:
yeah everything except The Mountain.... then again I dont think "Roots" wouldve worked if it was paired up with The Mountain :D

LOL!

The Mountain stunk, nothing could save it (not even being paired with Smallville). ;) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"