'The Winds of War' limited series in development (NBCU)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Seth MacFarlane's First NBCU Show: 'The Winds of War' Limited Series (Exclusive)

The Family Guy creator is adapting author Herman Wouk's The Winds of War and War and Remembrance as a limited series. Universal Content Productions is the studio on the drama and will shop the series to broadcast and cable networks as well as streaming outlets.

MacFarlane and Seth Fisher (The Alienist, Saints and Strangers) will co-write the script and exec produce. MacFarlane's Fuzzy Door president Erica Higgins will also exec produce The Winds of War, which tells the epic story of one American family's turbulent voyage across the continents and across the years that spanned World War II.

I still remember watching the original series as a kid.

LOL is it terrible that when I saw the title of this, I thought it was a Game of Thrones spinoff?

The trailer to the original mini series, the music still gives me chills

They should offer the role of Byron Henry (originally played by Jan Michael Vincent) to Josh Hartnett

Even though the subject matter should have gotten my immediate attention I dropped out due to the soap. It was however the first time that I can remember seeing US submariners machine gunning survivors in the water. Something documentaries now acknowledged and show

Whoa. I own the whole Winds of War/War and Remembrance miniseries on DVD.

Even though the subject matter should have gotten my immediate attention I dropped out due to the soap. It was however the first time that I can remember seeing US submariners machine gunning survivors in the water. Something documentaries now acknowledged and show

There's way too much soap opera and Hitler is poorly-cast in both miniseries (Gunter Meisner played the part straight but is physically way off-base, while his replacement Steven Berkoff is ridiculously over-the-top and cartoonish), but the depiction of the Battle of Midway is pretty good, and the Holocaust sequences are so unflinching they're straight out of a whole different show. Especially when they actually depict a whole gassing and cremation which I think is the only time the whole thing's actually been shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"