The Wolverine The Wolverine Unleashed Extended Edition Blu-Ray: December 3

Heard a possible release date of November 12 on the blu-ray.com boards. No confirmation of that, or whether it will be an extended edition. Stay tuned...

Ooooh you tease you:oldrazz:

A November release date is very likely.

Its crazy that it only takes 4 months for studios to release a DVD of their tentpole movies. Before we had to wait like 6 to 8 months.

A November release date is very likely.

Its crazy that it only takes 4 months for studios to release a DVD of their tentpole movies. Before we had to wait like 6 to 8 months.

When VHS was new, we had to wait a year.

The thing with Silver Samurai is it wouldn't have been my personal choice but I felt it had logic within the plot, with the Ninja scene we lost it due to stringent ratings board suits! :mad:

I also remembering reading in that EW magazine article about Logan getting in to a brawl after they got in to the "love motel" in the rain. Is that why he was so beat up at the vets? Did they cut that as well?

According to Wikipedia, the film was supposed to be 2hours/35 minutes!

I also remembering reading in that EW magazine article about Logan getting in to a brawl after they got in to the "love motel" in the rain. Is that why he was so beat up at the vets? Did they cut that as well?

That's right! I just re-read the article. It said he fell from the balcony, they were watching them shoot a few takes of a scene where he was "suspended over the street from a wire and dropped repeatedly to the ground, where thugs pummel him and a rain machine remorselessly sprays him with cold water."

I remember seeing a shot somewhere of him on his back in the rain holding arms over his head, so I guess it's from that. He did look all bruised up in the vet scene, but I'd forgotten about the EW article so I figured it was just from the funeral/bullet train fights.

The EW article also mentions seeing them shoot part of the ninja fight, and described seeing Logan get caught in a net that gets pulled by a scooter. Like with the previous scene, they saw them go through several takes of him being "tackled, shoved into the trap, and dragged along a path covered with faux flakes" (it was summer when they filmed that scene).

Wow, it sounds like they did cut out a lot. :wow:

Yes there was bits of that in an early trailer, Logan on the floor in the rain with a thug with a gun pointing at him on the ground.

Not sure if we will get all those bits in an extended cut but it was deffo in a trailer.

According to Wikipedia, the film was supposed to be 2hours/35 minutes!

Mangold said in the Collider interview he at one point had the cut of the movie that long but looking back on it was "way too long." That some stuff got cut for narrative reasons. For some it was cut down for the sake of the conventional audience to get to the next story beat. Editing is the final draft of the script said an editor to Mangold. He said he wants a movie that doesn't make you feel like you're spent, more like you're inspired.

I wonder what sort of other special features we could see on the home video release!

https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/363693964768972800

Yes there was bits of that in an early trailer, Logan on the floor in the rain with a thug with a gun pointing at him on the ground.

Not sure if we will get all those bits in an extended cut but it was deffo in a trailer.

I made this image back when the first trailer came out comparing it to Batman Begins!

I hope we get a commentary track from the bear. :oldrazz:

Remember the prices for them back when they were like 60 bucks? LOL. Now you can get them for a dime a dozen at goodwill. :funny:

Anyways, 13 minutes of new footage for a 2hr 35 min movie? Not bad, that means we'll have 16 minutes missing, which I bet some of them will be on the DVD/BR as Deleted scenes.

Wow they cut a lot of scenes! I didn't remember that rain footage until I opened this thread. I wonder if the movie would have been better or not if they kept all the footage.

Im willing to bet we get those scenes in the Director's Cut...If not integrated into the film itself definitely in a deleted scenes feature on the DVD...I wanna see them all!

I remember that! Man I feel old -__-

Remember the prices for them back when they were like 60 bucks? LOL. Now you can get them for a dime a dozen at goodwill. :funny:

Yep! They only came out as rentals first! Eventually they got marked down so you could but them, but by then I'd usually taped them on HBO. :oldrazz:

I saw Return of the Jedi on opening day in 1983, but I hadn't seen Empire Strikes Back since I saw it in the theater three years earlier. Unlike today, where I re-watched all of the X-Men movies the day before The Wolverine came out.

Anyways, 13 minutes of new footage for a 2hr 35 min movie? Not bad, that means we'll have 16 minutes missing, which I bet some of them will be on the DVD/BR as Deleted scenes.

Sounds like it. I can't wait to see it. :up:

Unlike today, where I re-watched all of the X-Men movies the day before The Wolverine came out.

Sounds like it. I can't wait to see it. :up:

Ugh I couldn't imagine having to do that, in this day and age? Lol. I've been meaning to have my X-Men marathon, but I had to stall it so I can (re)watch Breaking Bad before the final season. Will definitely get on it soon, then head to see TW again right after. Too excited for the extended cut, I enjoyed 100% of the movie, but I've rarely seen a directors cut I didn't enjoy. I'd like to see one for X3 & WO (X1, X2 & FC are fine as they are), because they have moments of greatness in them, overcrowded by moments of...not. The deleted mind wipe scene comes to mind (found on the BR).

Wow they cut a lot of scenes! I didn't remember that rain footage until I opened this thread. I wonder if the movie would have been better or not if they kept all the footage.

Some were probably removed for good reason, pacing etc the ones that were removed for rating purposes are the ones that may improve the film, I want the ninja fight scene not to just see Logan fight ninjas (although yeah I really do want to see that:woot:) but also you can feel the editing cuts of that quite blatantly in the film in its current state and it would help pacing wise in that section.

I expect James, but not sure about Hugh? Has he done commentary before?

The X films have always disappointed me with the lack of cast commentary but I realise getting so many big stars together for just a two hour session in a booth can be difficult. And rather nothing than the horrific splicing commentary fad.

I expect James, but not sure about Hugh? Has he done commentary before?

The X films have always disappointed me with the lack of cast commentary but I realise getting so many big stars together for just a two hour session in a booth can be difficult. And rather nothing than the horrific splicing commentary fad.

True may be too costly to get Hugh in I suppose, actors dont always do them, the big names anyway. I would have though Hugh would want to do it, but I guess it depends on scheduling and such.

That's right! I just re-read the article. It said he fell from the balcony, they were watching them shoot a few takes of a scene where he was "suspended over the street from a wire and dropped repeatedly to the ground, where thugs pummel him and a rain machine remorselessly sprays him with cold water."

I remember seeing a shot somewhere of him on his back in the rain holding arms over his head, so I guess it's from that. He did look all bruised up in the vet scene, but I'd forgotten about the EW article so I figured it was just from the funeral/bullet train fights.

The EW article also mentions seeing them shoot part of the ninja fight, and described seeing Logan get caught in a net that gets pulled by a scooter. Like with the previous scene, they saw them go through several takes of him being "tackled, shoved into the trap, and dragged along a path covered with faux flakes" (it was summer when they filmed that scene).

Wow, it sounds like they did cut out a lot. :wow:

Wow! I had forgotten all about this. In truth I hope they just put that as a deleted scene because adding it back in will only hurt the momentum of the narrative IMO, I mean his previous injuries were enough to make him collapse so that's enough reason for the vet scenes.

Wow! I had forgotten all about this. In truth I hope they just put that as a deleted scene because adding it back in will only hurt the momentum of the narrative IMO, I mean his previous injuries were enough to make him collapse so that's enough reason for the vet scenes.

I'm trying to figure out who would have been beating him up in that scene. If it was the Yakuza, wouldn't they have gone after Mariko if they'd managed to beat up Logan? Maybe they were just some random thugs? It was the seedy part of town, after all.

I agree, it doesn't sound like something that was vital to the story. But now I'm just curious to see what the hell else was going on in that scene.

True may be too costly to get Hugh in I suppose, actors dont always do them, the big names anyway. I would have though Hugh would want to do it, but I guess it depends on scheduling and such.

I think it has a lot to do with scheduling too. The DVD versions are out so fast now that they don't always have time to record them.

But I'd love to see them both do a commentary track.

Agreed. I'm eager to see an extended cut but am curious about this scene. I would hope this new cut only adds the stuff Mangold wanted but couldn't for ratings' sake. Many deleted scenes are deleted for a reason.

Not been this excited for a home release in a long time.

I think it has a lot to do with scheduling too. The DVD versions are out so fast now that they don't always have time to record them.

But I'd love to see them both do a commentary track.

That would be awesome but yeah Hugh is a busy actor so fitting it in might be an issue, hes still filming DoFP at the moment so that takes out the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"