The world's first time machine?

You can hit it. You can hit it allllllllll night loooooooong.:hehe:

I can't hit it all night long. I don't have the time to do that...wait a minute what am I talking about. Its a time machine. I have all of the time in the world!! :yay:

Alright, come to papa!

I'm going to be so dissappointed when nothing comes through the gate. I have my fingers crossed for a whole Doom/ The Mist/ Resistance: Fall of Man scenerio to break out. I mean, hell, they even said that in Resistance, the Chimera came out of Russia. And we all know, if something unbelievably insane happens on this planet, it'll either happen in Russia, or start in Russia.

So if the Russians are blabbing about being close to making a "time machine", there's gotta be someone out there who's close too... they're just not saying anything.

&&When they do jump that hurdle get ready for the nukes.

"Are you ****ing up our future?" ::red button:: "Now nobody has a time machine."

I'm going to be so dissappointed when nothing comes through the gate. I have my fingers crossed for a whole Doom/ The Mist/ Resistance: Fall of Man scenerio to break out. I mean, hell, they even said that in Resistance, the Chimera came out of Russia. And we all know, if something unbelievably insane happens on this planet, it'll either happen in Russia, or start in Russia.

I'm hoping for dragons. I think a giant, fire breathing lizard with wings would be a good wake up call for earth.

So if the Russians are blabbing about being close to making a "time machine", there's gotta be someone out there who's close too... they're just not saying anything.

&&When they do jump that hurdle get ready for the nukes.

"Are you ****ing up our future?" ::red button:: "Now nobody has a time machine."

As with any great invention throughout history, their are probably 5-6 groups competing to get it first. They WERE building the same device in the U.S., only it was 4 times BIGGER! The U.S. supposedly stopped production on it's project and gave the Russians 530 million to finish theirs.

PARADOX.

if in 3 months time travel is discovered..then doesnt that mean somewhere in the future its already been discovered ..thus if in the future its already been discovered why havent we seen any time travelers?

PARADOX.

if in 3 months time travel is discovered..then doesnt that mean somewhere in the future its already been discovered ..thus if in the future its already been discovered why havent we seen any time travelers?

Cause its IMPOSSIBLE.... time only goes one direction... only the speed can change... that's a good point though... makes sense.

PARADOX.

"Cynics often point out that if time travel was really possible, we would have been visited by people from the future. However, Einstein's laws of physics suggest that time travel is only possible into the past as far as the point when the first time machine was invented."

:up:

"Cynics often point out that if time travel was really possible, we would have been visited by people from the future. However, Einstein's laws of physics suggest that time travel is only possible into the past as far as the point when the first time machine was invented."

Jeez dude, it's like illiteracy is starting to run rampant through the Hype!. :csad: Thanks for picking up the slack. :up:

:woot: thx .

one more thing i need answered.....when i think time i think clock..minutes...seconds

yet i found myself wondering....what if there is no time...i see time as a fluctuation of celestial bodies going on a path (pre-determined?)...explaining night and day.
and other events in which "time" is a factor

Man, it would suck if they did manage to get into the future but could go back to the time they left from.
:lmao:

&&if Einstien is wrong and people could go further back in time they'd probably wind up in the middle of a mountain, volcanoe, underground, in the ocean. Going back in time would be a very stupid scientific decision.

Cause its IMPOSSIBLE.... time only goes one direction... only the speed can change... that's a good point though... makes sense.
Time actually has no direction. Time and space are one in the same construct. Our concept of, "time," is really a human invention, yet another means of trying to position ourselves somehow in the universe and, at the same time, understand it.

Time is really nothing more than a form of location in the time-space continuum. To say that time has a direction is merely a reflection of our general lack of understanding of the universe around us.

It is perfectly possible (at least, theoretically) to travel through various points in time (and I use the term, "points," loosely).

Time actually has no direction. Time and space are one in the same construct. Our concept of, "time," is really a human invention, yet another means of trying to position ourselves somehow in the universe and, at the same time, understand it.

Time is really nothing more than a form of location in the time-space continuum. To say that time has a direction is merely a reflection of our general lack of understanding of the universe around us.

It is perfectly possible (at least, theoretically) to travel through various points in time (and I use the term, "points," loosely).
YES :woot:

Exactly. Time and space are just human constructs that exist only because our puny human brains are unable to percive all of reality at once.

Non time-based awareness FTW! :up:

First of all its pretty presumptous to say that we have not been visited by anyone from the future as a way to dismiss the possibility of time travel. How do they know? Would someone from the future really show up and admit it?

How about the possibility that some of the UFO sighting over the years are actually humans from the future.

Also I agree that time travel would be impossible without divine intervention but perhaps that intervention has all ready taken place with the creation of the human mind. We haven't even come close to achieving our potential as a race of beings.

yeah, but if ufo's were people from the future, wouldn't they jut go back in time again to stop themselves from being seen (thousands of times, no less)?

and if people from the future did go back to the past and change it... how would we know?

we could have been lizards yesterday for all we know, but some lizard man from the future thought that wasn't good enough, so he went back, changed some ***** up, and we think we've been this way all along...

how would we know any better?

time travel gives me a headache.

:woot: thx .

one more thing i need answered.....when i think time i think clock..minutes...seconds

yet i found myself wondering....what if there is no time...i see time as a fluctuation of celestial bodies going on a path (pre-determined?)...explaining night and day.
and other events in which "time" is a factor

That's exactly right, sort of. Recorded time has not always existed so a 'time machine' could only go back to when the time first started being recorded in it's current format.

If we are to ever go back to a previous time in existence we cannot do so using a clock or watch.

Now, it would be possible to eventually institute a clock to regulate travel with such a device but it would take many, many years.

Although, if such a device is to exist in the future then it exist in the present, and in the past. Such a device is probably as old as the universe itself..

I know for a fact that such a device exist. It HAS to exist. Otherwise, life would be incomplete.

What could this device possibly be? A pyramid? a mythical lost city? An unseen beast? Who knows? All I know is that the clock is ticking and if we don't find this device... we can plan on going through the earths million year reincarnation(recycling) cycle. You know - go into the dirt, decompose in the dirt, become one with the dirt, become one with the worms, become one with the birds, one with the humans, and then become human and write some stupid **** like this.
-----------------------
One more thing, whoever steals this idea and uses it for intentions other than what it is meant for - WILL DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO. Trust me, I always tell the truth!

That's exactly right, sort of. Recorded time has not always existed so a 'time machine' could only go back to when the time first started being recorded in it's current format.

If we are to ever go back to a previous time in existence we cannot do so using a clock or watch.

Now, it would be possible to eventually institute a clock to regulate travel with such a device but it would take many, many years.

Although, if such a device is to exist in the future then it exist in the present, and in the past. Such a device is probably as old as the universe itself..

I know for a fact that such a device exist. It HAS to exist. Otherwise, life would be incomplete.

What could this device possibly be? A pyramid? a mythical lost city? An unseen beast? Who knows? All I know is that the clock is ticking and if we don't find this device... we can plan on going through the earths million year reincarnation(recycling) cycle. You know - go into the dirt, decompose in the dirt, become one with the dirt, become one with the worms, become one with the birds, one with the humans, and then become human and write some stupid **** like this.
-----------------------
One more thing, whoever steals this idea and uses it for intentions other than what it is meant for - WILL DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO. Trust me, I always tell the truth!
Wow, the article you posted disagrees with you. You just keep on gaining credibility, don't you?

lol

TimeTravel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"