The Wrestling Thread Is The Wrestling Thread 365 Days A Year! - Part 249

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch the Royal Rumble ppv this year, but I did see a clip of the Elimination Chamber match and Sasha throwing Bayley off the pod seemed unnecessarily cruel, even taking into account there are no teams in that kind of match.

I didn't watch the Royal Rumble ppv this year, but I did see a clip of the Elimination Chamber match and Sasha throwing Bayley off the pod seemed unnecessarily cruel, even taking into account there are no teams in that kind of match.
Sasha keeps doing crap to Bayley, and the idea is that Bayley should just take it because Bayley is the nice one. Like that she is getting fed up and it seems to be getting to Sasha.

Kid Rock is going into the Hall of Fame and Cena is talking about Instagram in promos about The Undertaker. Don't play dumb, this is right out there for everyone to see. Whatever Vince's feelings are towards the American Badass, seems like he's putting them aside for now.

She knocked her off of the chamber with a boot to the face, smiled and said, "I'm better than you. Bayley!" - which I loved seeing from a persona more like The Rattlesnake and The Viper than Cena.

Sasha keeps doing crap to Bayley, and the idea is that Bayley should just take it because Bayley is the nice one. Like that she is getting fed up and it seems to be getting to Sasha.

I don't fault Bayley for being fed up or even ending the relationship, but Sasha is only doing what she thinks she needs to do to win.

Its funny how much this storyline upsets many adult Bayley fans, since Sasha is one of the few competitors who behave like Bayley's a credible threat. This feud can elevate both wrestlers.

I like how Asuka can go from normal to psychotic and back to normal again, as shown here:

[YT]g8JzNPfpLiI[/YT]

doesn't Cena seem to be acting rather heelish in his call outs for Taker?

It's just a rehash of Wyatt Vs. Undertaker. The irony is Cena begging for a match with the same guy he mocked Reigns for beating.

Still trying to figure out how Sasha is the "heel" in this feud...

She tried to end her career with a big smile on her face. I don't blame Bayley for not trusting her anymore.

Last year I said Kenny Omega was in the best wrestling match I’ve ever seen. Now I’ll say he’s also in the best tag team match I’ve ever seen.

BITW

Good news for the US Title match:

- The match will be celebrating Rusev Day

All they are doing is shoving the midcard guys into meaningless multi-person matches.

There is next to no effort to any of these midcard matches at all.

Dean Ambrose pulled from a WM Axxess signing Sunday Morning hours before WrestleMania. He had replaced Daniel Bryan who was pulled (and now we know why). He is replaced by Sting and Ric Flair.

Bryan's promo tonight was pretty fantastic. :woot:

The Road to Wrestlemania is the best thing that happened to smackdown in a while.
The last few months were downright awful, but ever since they started with the RTWM Smackdown has been so much better.

Could the WWE finally push Rusev with the fatal 4 way? I hope.
Give him the title and turn roode heel, boom, two problems solved.
But i fear they will keep the title on orton and pull another nonsense like last years wm when he beat Wyatt.

The smackdown Tag division is so much more fun than raw...god is raws boring.
Here i actually look forward to what they do with the tag teams.

Becky won a match? Wow, who would have thought that.:woot:

Daniel Bryans promo was good.

Nakamura vs styles slowly starts to gain momentum, especially nakamura benefits in the moment.
He gets the edges they have taken from him when he first was transfered to the main roster.

Ziggler as usual completely useless, seriously...why did they do the whole us title thing? Why did they give him the spot in the rumble?
Again they do absolutly nothing with the guy.

Charlotte vs Asuka has no build up, neither on Raw nor Smackdown...wow.
The match with the most potential is simply there for no real reason.:whatever:
There is so much they could use to build it up, but its pretty much Asuka won the rumble and therefore fights Charlotte.

205 also was good again, the fatal 4 way was awesome.
You really can feel that the show benefits from HHH having his fingers in there.
Its so much better than under Vince and his clowns.

What was the point of pulling Balor/Banks back into the Mixed Tag Tournament just to lose?

IMO it's too much talent, and obviously getting crammed into the company's biggest show. I'm all for a triple threat or a gimmick match here and there, but it is really overkill this year with those.

Mix Tag match - Trips/Steph vs. Angle/Rousey - Probable main event
Tag match - KO/Zane vs. Shane/Daniel Brian
Fatal 4 way - U.S. Championship
Triple threat - IC title
Triple threat - Smackdown Tag titles
Handicap match Raw Tag titles - The Bar vs. Strowman (who is his partner? These Hands??)
Women's Battle Royal
Andrea the Giant Battle Royal

Traditional matches:
Universal Title - Lesnar vs. Reins - that no one cares about
WWE title - Styles vs. Nakamoura - should be great, main event
SD Women's title - Asuka vs. Charlotte - should be great
Raw Women's title - Bliss vs. Nia Jaxx
Cena vs. Undertaker - that no one cares about

I'm sure I'm missing a few, or those that will be pushed to the pre-show. No wonder it's 4 hours.

Lot of good points made on Cena vs. Undertaker, especially how he clowned Reins for beating him and now he is begging to face the same guy. I was fairly indifferent on Cena,I just found him annoying at times, but this whole storyline has me disliking him completely. So I guess he is doing his job? Undertaker clearly retired after last WM but because he won't answer Cena he is a coward? People always want the old guard to have one more match, so of course they cheer to see him. Not because they want to see this particular match with Cena. Better ways to go about it.

The whole Triple H/Steph vs. Angle and Rousey tag match has me caring less and less. That last promo package was well done, but they insult our intelligence. That "trainer" said Stephanie was on par with Olympic athletes?? Give me a break. What a joke. That isn't believable in the least. I know they have to sell it to us, but there has to be a better way than saying that. What a joke.

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out how Sasha is the "heel" in this feud...

Here's my question, has Sasha ever NOT been a heel? I won't claim to have watched her whole career, and I know she's had her face runs, but to me she's always played an unlikable arrogant character that will backstab you on the drop of a hat even as a face, and that's what she did to Bayley at Elimination Chamber (Trying to win an every person for yourself match is one thing, tricking your opponent into thinking you're going to help them up and them kicking them in the face off the EC pod is pure heel stuff).

I'm not sure how you don't see it, to be honest. And I will say this, this feud is the first time I've even been remotely interested in Bayley, hope she comes out on top of the feud whenever it ends.

Here's my question, has Sasha ever NOT been a heel? I won't claim to have watched her whole career, and I know she's had her face runs, but to me she's always played an unlikable arrogant character that will backstab you on the drop of a hat even as a face, and that's what she did to Bayley at Elimination Chamber (Trying to win an every person for yourself match is one thing, tricking your opponent into thinking you're going to help them up and them kicking them in the face off the EC pod is pure heel stuff).

I'm not sure how you don't see it, to be honest. And I will say this, this feud is the first time I've even been remotely interested in Bayley, hope she comes out on top of the feud whenever it ends.

The problem is that she's been a "face" in the same vein that The Rock and Austin were "Faces".

It just seems weird to me that a wrestler would get upset at another wrestler for trying to win a match. Maybe if she had done more heelish stuff OUTSIDE of matches, I'd agree with you, but she doesn't. She still runs out to help Bayley at the drop of a dime.

The Rock and Austin were great faces, although they had to turn heel to become great faces.

The Rock and Austin were great faces, although they had to turn heel to become great faces.

I mean, I remember Austin hitting the stunner on a non-heel Stacey Keebler for no reason whatsoever. Did everyone forget DTA?

Once they get their 1 on 1 match, this will all be moot, but being Bayley adjacent really hurts the Boss persona.

Nakamura's English has gotten so much better. Its really impressive.

The booking in the lead-up to WrestleMania this year has been an awful crap show. Why is Shane McMahon getting a high profile match on this card again?

I don't know that everyone always wants to see the old guard come back and have another match. I have a hard time with them now. I don't like seeing legends as less than they were, it makes me uncomfortable. That last Taker run didn't feel good at all to me. Neither did Sting`s WWE run.

After Raw i was really excited for Bayley vs Sasha, but they wont have a singles match...they will be part of the Battle Royal.
WTF?

Why building this story up to the breaking point when you dont use it for a singles match?
What idiot has greenlit this in the first place? What is their damage for christ sake.
If you dont plan to do it at WM with a good singles match, dont load the god damn gun.
Keep the lit on it for a few weeks or months longer until the first big PPV...but dont waste this potential in a Battle Royal.
How can this company with such decisions still exist.

I don't know that everyone always wants to see the old guard come back and have another match. I have a hard time with them now. I don't like seeing legends as less than they were, it makes me uncomfortable. That last Taker run didn't feel good at all to me. Neither did Sting`s WWE run.

Comes down to which legend.
Sting could have worked, Undertaker worked until his last 3-4 matches.
There are legends that still can compete for one more match or so...but in general i dont like it at all.
I dont want legends to beat up the newer guys, i dont want legends to beat the younger guys and so on.

But the wwe desperatly needs such things because those legends have drawing power to some extent.
Stuff which the newer guys lack...which in turn is the WWEs fault for not giving them the chance to evolve into legends.
They have all their guys and girls on such tight leashes that every time they try to break out, the wwe yanks them back instead of letting them soar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"