The Wrestling Thread Is The Wrestling Thread 365 Days A Year! - Part 249

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like EC3's new one percent theme.

This NXT Takeover is looking stacked.

Maybe it's just me, but I just saw some recent pictures of Kelly Kelly, and I also saw that Table for 3 she was on, and I think she's actually better looking now than she was 10 years ago.

Maybe it's just me, but I just saw some recent pictures of Kelly Kelly, and I also saw that Table for 3 she was on, and I think she's actually better looking now than she was 10 years ago.

I've never been a huge fan of blonds, but she looks amazing.

Nakamura's English has gotten so much better. Its really impressive.

Yeah his English seems fine. Asuka and himself both have the charisma to not make it a big deal anyway. I particularly like when Asuka goes nuts trash talking in Japanese, so much more interesting than having her repeat the same catchphrase in English.

So whats the consensus for WM? Heres mine:

-Untertaker over Cena (and he officially retires after a WM win)
-Reigns over Lesnar
-Nakamura over Styles
-Daniel Bryan and Shane over KO and Sami
-Blugeon Brothers new tag champs
-Nia Jax over Bliss
-Asuka over Flair
-Strowman and partner new Raw tag team champs
-Rousy getting the pin on Stephanie
-Orton retains
-Balor new IC Champion

The two battle royals i dont really care about...

But I feel like thats too many title changes for 1 event. Maybe Styles will win (which i hope)

I honestly don't know. It feels like it's going to be babyface heavy though, so I`d expect WWE to go with Mahal, Miz, and/or The Bludgeon Brothers to get some heel wins. They could also have Bryan or Shane turn heel and give Owens and Zayn the win.. It will be interesting to see if we get a triumphant moment for Bryan with the stipulation. Maybe Owens and Zayn come back as the team of Los Genericos and have both guys play masked luchadors with Sami as Generico I and Kevin as Generico II until they win their jobs back.

Last edited:
Yeah his English seems fine. Asuka and himself both have the charisma to not make it a big deal anyway. I particularly like when Asuka goes nuts trash talking in Japanese, so much more interesting than having her repeat the same catchphrase in English.

My favorite part of Asuka is her yelling in Japanese.

Are there any Sting fans that get as pissy about Crow Sting as Taker fans do with The American Badass?

In what way exactly?

Just curious if anyone is such a fan of Surfer Sting that they think The Crow gimmick damaged his career in some way. Quite a few Taker fans loathe The Biker phase it seems.

IMO, Crow Sting revitalized the character as the Surfer Sting had gotten stale by 1995.

IMO, Crow Sting revitalized the character as the Surfer Sting had gotten stale by 1995.

Agreed. My thing is, when The American Badass came about wasn't Taker in need of that too? I mean I had been watching Undertaker since. around WrestleMania 7, The Corporate Ministry wasn't the best, I don't get the hate, it's a bit dated but we got some good stuff from Taker back tthen.

I actually like biker taker better. Loved his promos, and matches.

Just curious if anyone is such a fan of Surfer Sting that they think The Crow gimmick damaged his career in some way. Quite a few Taker fans loathe The Biker phase it seems.

As a fan, I prefer the surfer Sting era and quality of his matches. But The Crow version of Sting definitely revitalized and helped reinvent his career. I don't think fans are pissy about it. I think fans get angry about is Starrcade 1997 and how the match with Hulk Hogan damaged Sting and his character at the time.

Going into the match, Sting looked like this invincible, badass vigilante like Batman. And then Hogan dominated most of the match and even pinned Sting clean. When it should've been laid out more like the Sting vs. Goldberg match. By comparison, when it came time to put over Sting vs. Flair, Sting looked strong and dominant and like a million bucks. Sting won clean as a sheet. Flair played the chicken**** heel in the match because he was the heel champion and didn't spend over 10 minutes dominating and working over Sting. They played up Sting coming off a knee injury and Flair targeting the injured knee.

Granted, Sting apparently wasn't in the best shape at the time and had been having issues in his personal life with his wife and probably drinking too much. Bischoff's side seems to point at that. Still, not sure how much of an excuse that was for Hogan to basically sabotage the main event for the biggest show of the year and a storyline they had been basically building up for 15 months.

If you look at wrestlers throughout history, the most successful ones had to modify or reinvent their gimmicks throughout their careers.

Regarding Biker Taker, I'm assuming fans missed Taker having that strange supernatural "Dead Man" aura. Biker Taker was basically no nonsense, no super powers, just ride a harley to the ring and beat the hell out of people.

Also, Biker Taker-era was sort of short on iconic classic matches. It was a time where Undertaker had stripped down most aspects of his original gimmick. Mark Calloway was basically just playing himself and wasn't really "The Deadman" anymore.

I can't recall too many classic matches that happened during Biker Taker era. Most of them were dull brawls.

Like he had a match with Kurt Angle at Fully Loaded 2000, and it was nothing more than an extended 7-minute squash that made Angle look like a jobber. Even his match with heel John Cena in 2003 I thought made Cena look bad. At the time I thought Cena was a talent you really wanted to build up and not make look like a *****. Undertaker basically did that.

On Sting, I doubt it will ever happen because they'd want Taker to go out with a WWE talent, but I wouldn't mind a final match....double retirement match Sting vs Taker next year.
Also, I've been thinking. It would be one hell of a turn and surprise if Daniel Bryan actually hasn't been cleared to wrestle and just swerves everyone by double crossing Shane at WrestleMania.

Sting is already retired and he doesn't need to be going back into the ring anyway.

Daniel Bryan turning heel would probably cause a riot.

See, I thought Undertaker's heel run as the Biker was great. The Hardcore Championship run, the Flair feud, all the best stuff with Kane and Taker as a team is from the Biker era, the Cena and Lesnar feuds were good as well, and I woud rather watch Triple H vs Biker Taker than his Mania 27 match as The Deadman.

Well, for me personally, Biker Taker pretty much stripped Taker of what made him iconic in the first place, and didn't replace those attributes with anything all that interesting.

That's why Crow Sting was a change that stuck. Crow Sting was cooler and more iconic than Surfer Sting.

Last edited:
Sting is already retired and he doesn't need to be going back into the ring anyway.

Daniel Bryan turning heel would probably cause a riot.

Well like I said, I can't see it happening, however I saw some recent interview...January I think....where Sting says he can wrestle, but chooses not to and wishes he had that one last match with Taker. Again, I can't see Taker's last match being against a wcw guy but it would get my interest. Beyond Cena I can't think of anyone else at that level that Taker needs to face before retirement.

Daniel Bryan turning heel would cause a riot, but can you imagine what a swerve that would be if he actually wasn't cleared to wrestle and this was all a ruse?

Tonight's Impact was a good one with the matches being Bobby Lashley/ Brian Cage and Austin Aries/ Matt Sydal, along with the in-ring debut of Su Yung.

As for WrestleMania, nothing there interests me and the current roster are not over that they like us to believe. If they were, the current roster should be promoting WrestleMania instead of relying on the older stars like Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Triple, and Stephanie McMahon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"