The Wrestling Thread Is The Bulgarian George Clooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
NRj1HHM.png

4 the peeps!

Everybody watch NJPW on AXS TV tonight

They're airing the main event from Wrestle Kingdom 11 uncut tonight. In the hour program there's only 5 minutes of commercials. Jim Ross and Josh Barnett on commentary.

If you haven't seen the match yet, you owe it to yourself as a wrestling fan to watch it. I watched it live and I'm going to watch it again tonight.

With JR and Barnett on commentary it makes the match that much better too.

He's...BACK! :woot:

And this Cena stuff is upsetting. I knew he was no saint from the Mickie James situation and leaving his wife for Nikki Bella but supposedly being a bully backstage is a damn shame. If enough people are saying that he is and this being the wrestling business, I can't not believe there's truth to it.

16114405_10208790197020161_2461354977160837853_n.jpg

Last edited:
Now that Don West is back, can they bring back Mike Tenay?

Can someone explain to me why American Alpha doesn't do anything but wrestle on TV most of the time? Those guys do have some personality and a good rapport with one another. I mean I know they're the champs, but shouldn't WWE use any tool these guys have to make them into big deals? I mean Jordan has enough of what they like to be a potential WWE Champion some day, and while Gable could certainly pull a Bryan and get to the main title, he could just as easily establish himself as a Curt Hennig or Rick Rude level guy and that ain't something to sneeze at because they were huge deals involved in great feuds.

I have no idea. Heck they even had Jbl say to their faces to stop saying "Ready, willing and Gable" on talking smack. Those dudes were as fun in backstage segments as they are in the ring on NXT. Hearing some boos on Tuesday (even little ones) Made me sad. I know they were in a very pro Orton crowd, but still.

The backstage interviewers in the WWE are generic these days. I loved it back when they used to be part of backstage segments, although those segments usually involved the Rock.

The backstage interviewers in the WWE are generic these days. I loved it back when they used to be part of backstage segments, although those segments usually involved the Rock.

The backstage segments are generic because everything guys says is scripted. Only a few guys are allowed to sort of do their own thing and tailor promos to fit their character better.

Guys have little to no input or are afraid to speak up, and that's why so much stuff seem to be the same. It's a not a coincidence that we consistently see the best promo and character work from guys on Talking Smack (which is largely unscripted).

RE: Cena and backstage stuff

Im gonna need more than just a bitter ass Ryback saying that to even start believing it

the only thing I can say I know is that watching a bit of Total Bellas is that he's a bit of a highly regimented OCD weirdo

I don't get what Samson is supposed to be. If he's a heel, shouldn't Corey be extolling his musical ability against reason, like Ventura did for Honky Tonk Man?

Corey doesn't always follow the typical 'like the heels and fate the faces' heel commentator position. Corey loves Jack Gallagher who is a face. He likes Askua how is usually a face or tweener.

Corey doesn't always follow the typical 'like the heels and fate the faces' heel commentator position. Corey loves Jack Gallagher who is a face. He likes Askua how is usually a face or tweener.

Which is a great way to build a specific character as a heel commentator (showing you've got biases that override even the traditional heel and face dynamic) and gives you quirks to use no matter what side you're on (like, say, loving bad music). And it allows Graves to put over multiple spins and schticks.

h4HGvIb.jpg

This was long before "hugs" were handed out.

Young Bayley and Seth Rollins look like they could be siblings.

The only ones I know are Mandrews (from TNA), Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Pete Dunne (all from Chikara) and Danny Burch (from NXT)

The only ones I know are Mandrews (from TNA), Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Pete Dunne (all from Chikara) and Danny Burch (from NXT)

same here

thats what makes it exciting, getting to see performers Ive never seen

same here

thats what makes it exciting, getting to see performers Ive never seen

With the CWC, I didn't know any of the foreign guys except Tozawa and Tajri, but I knew all of the American guys except for Lince Dorado and Ariya Daivari. The CWC got me to know Jack Gallagher and he's now one of my favorite WWE superstars.

If this results in a new brand for the WWE, lets say WWE UK or something like that, I am curious to see the behind-the-scenes structure: the commentators, the producers/road agents, the referees etc. The tournament already has their own ring announcer.

I got Trent Seven winning the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"