• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wrestling Thread - Part 244

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ot9krdQ8Tb1qj1tqqo1_1280.jpg

immediately thought this :woot:

Braun tried to seriously injure Reigns first to be fair. People gloss over that because it was Braun attacking Reigns. Much like how Austin was loved for screwing with Bret Hart and anything Hart did to Austin got booes. I'm a Braun guy but it's pretty obvious the reason Roman is an attempted murderer and people ignore Braun tipping over the ambulance is because Roman is Roman.
Lets consider that they try to get Roman over doing something Austin would do, after they have continually tried to get him over by being a version of multiple over baby faces of the past. His stuff rings false imo. When Braun was throwing Roman around, it wasn't just way more pro wrestling, it was a nice bit of an exhale for the audience.

Lets consider that they try to get Roman over doing something Austin would do, after they have continually tried to get him over by being a version of multiple over baby faces of the past. His stuff rings false imo. When Braun was throwing Roman around, it wasn't just way more pro wrestling, it was a nice bit of an exhale for the audience.

I don't disagree with you and wish WWE would go with the audience here, I'm just saying that the whole "Reigns is clearly the heel because he crashed the ambulance with Braun inside" is a bunch of BS. Reigns is the heel because a lot of the fanbase aren't enjoying him. When I say Roman is Roman what I mean is he's the guy that's missing something. Braun should be the babyface and Reigns should be the heel in our eyes, but it's not like WWE booked it in such a way that Reigns clearly is the heel. He's only the heel because we like Braun more.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you and wish WWE would go with the audience here, I'm just saying that the whole "Reigns is clearly the heel because he crashed the ambulance with Braun inside" is a bunch of BS. Reigns is the heel because a lot of the fanbase aren't enjoying him. When I say Roman is Roman what I mean is he's the guy that's missing something. Braun should be the babyface and Reigns should be the heel in our eyes, but it's not like WWE booked it in such a way that Reigns clearly is the heel. He's only the heel because we like Braun more.

Is Reigns even considered Face or Heel?
To me he feels more like a tweener for quite some time now.

You aren't wrong, but it does seem Braun is a face now. This feels a lot like when the WWE finally just gave in and gave the crowd what they wanted with Bryan. Braun is clearly being positioned to be a face since his return in the ambulance. They knew the pops were coming.

Roman isn't a heel though. Not in the eyes of the WWE, because Vince.

Hopefully Jason Jordan answers a long standing question:

- Who will be the first African American Universal Champion?

Watching Braun manhandle Roman and Joe simultaneously was fun. And way overdue.

So does this mean that the Singh Brothers are the ones who destroyed Breezango's Office?

Also very curious to see what Randy Orton does after Sunday.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does it feel like they sabotage smackdown?

The feud between orton and mahal doesnt work, they have no chemistry. Orton is damn boring and Mahal is just the simple evil foreigner.
Mahal would have so much potential as tweener who simply is proud of his heritage...but instead they go with the stupid "every foreigner is bad and hates merica"

Those constant singles matches between tag teams are so annoying and boring, they take all the fire away before a ppv.
Why cant they just build up the match via promos?

Mike and Maria are completely "useless" to me, i dont see why they have been hired at all...also i think mike is boring in the ring.
But why the hell did they bring mike vs sami before the ppv?
Who is the booker for this crap?
I thought feuds get built up to ppv matches and not to matches before a ppv that take all the fire away.
What a stupid booking is this?

I know that Americans are patriots and love their country...but seriously, did people actually think Cenas promo was good?
There is patriotism and then there is this slimy Merica is the best promo work.
Are people really into this? I felt really embarrassed and im not even american.
I cant believe that those Bad foreigner vs american hero feuds still work in 2017.

Becky vs Charlotte at a smackdown, a 5 woman elimination match for the number 1 contender with woman who are all far better than the champion(either in ring or on the mic)...while the womans champion throws out another bad promo, welcome to the smackdown womans division.
Charlotte vs Becky is summerslam/WM material...who books this stuff for gods sake?
I really wanna know the names of the wwe booker.

And another tag match to get two feuds into one match...wow, how innovative.:whatever:

Smackdown really feels to me a bit like they want to sabotage it, considering how awesome smackdown was earlier this year.

I'm guessing Charlotte putting over Becky was to help build Becky up as a more credible threat? Not my opinion, just my guess as to their thinking.

As far as this whole John Cena thing....I roll my eyes so hard every time he comes out now. You could hear the fans chanting "John Cena Sucks" along with his music when he first walked out last night. Kudos to the WWE, though, so clever....
Our squeaky clean baby face gets booed, so lets give him a storyline/gimmick that fans HAVE to cheer for. Last night was a great example. The crowd hates you, but oh wait, Cena is waving the American flag? "Yaaaa USA, USA, USA!"

If they want to build up Rusev, fine, but there are much better ways to do it than this garbage.

I was just really surprised that they let Becky (my current favorite) go over Charlotte with a clean submission. I was expecting a run-in finish where they were both attacked (of course, this happened AFTER the match).

What would have been better on Monday? Braun taking the mic and saying "I'm not finished with you yet!"

Seeing reports on twitter that Shane's been involved in an emergency water landing in a helicopter today.... both he and the pilot are fine though...

How many ****ing lives does this dude have?

A lot. I've heard that Shane is the most likeable of all of the McMahon's.

Seeing reports on twitter that Shane's been involved in an emergency water landing in a helicopter today.... both he and the pilot are fine though...

How many ****ing lives does this dude have?

If you can, watch the video of his interview after. One of the reporters goes:

"Are you the son of Vince McMahon?"
"Yes I am..."
"Oh, okay. I was told to ask that."

I read the article on MSN. They talk about him as if he's some unknown exec who has never been featured on WWE television.

Bah Gawd!! Corbin's using a Sami Zayn! That's downright illegal! Somebody stop the damn match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"