The Wrestling Thread was not an extra in The Hobbit - Part 102

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by TheNextNolan22, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Oh and Scarlett Bordeaux looked so fine. I won't post the wardrobe malfunction gifs for obvious reasons.....:cwink::hehe:
    [​IMG]

2. Hunter Rider Ronin

The finish surprised me until I read the spoilers for next weeks show. I actually would love to see Joe really get a good push again and if the bottom falls of this new version of AJ I wouldn't mind seeing Joe step up at BFG.

I thought this was the plan as well and my guess is that it was, but it's just not working in quite the way I expected, and that seems down to a number of factors from booking, to AJ himself and perhaps the fans not really wanting it.

I think it would have been great in the old NWA days when wrestling was treat as a sport, at least by JCP. However these days I think it detracts from booking meaningful angles for the majority of the roster and 3 months is way too long IMO.

Honestly I can't see where it can go or how any of these additions would make the group more interesting. I suppose they could add Roode as a sort of wild card member that they don't fully trust. My guess is the group is there to face an Aces & Eights team at BFG in a gimmick brawl, because in truth outside of Bully and maybe Kenderson, no one wants to see any of the group in a singles match and none of them make for a marquee match with Sting, Angle or Hardy.

Hope to see more of you in here my friend. :up:

Roode is definitely wasted right now, in fact him and Aries are treading water while Bully has the top spot leading a group of mostly jobbers who aren't over. I think Bully deserves his spot but the faction wars angle has pretty much cut off the two best talents on the roster from the main event scene.

I'm not even sure what purpose it served, they could have done it backstage. I also hate how Brooke says how proud she is of them, it comes off patronizing, like she is some sort of wrestling legend putting her stamp of approval on the new girls, like she was Trish.

Agreed, I think once he turned down Aces & Eights he should have started actually feuding with them, making hit and run attacks during their matches and avoiding their attempts to get him, yet he's only fighting other faces, he's being booked as petulant and the Aces & Eights haven't made a single attempt to attack him since he swerved them, an angle they botched to start with.

I can understand wanting to avoid being too similar to the Sting angle and AJ's character wasn't really as well suited to the metamorphosis as Sting was even though they share a similar "Loyal franchise of the company" status, but they should have followed some of the guidelines of the Sting angle to see how they kept him over while keeping him as almost a special attraction. AJ just feels like another guy on the roster right now.

You could be right, I'm not sure if AJ has stuff written for him or if he cuts his promos himself, the shame was that it was one of his better promos up until that line.

Yeah he is gonna need a pivotal moment and soon, something big that really swings the direction back the right way and shifts the momentum so the crowd get behind as I truly think right now they are confused.

The silver ling for me with the BFG series is that if they can't swing the AJ momentum back around then they can go with Joe or maybe even go the odd route of Roode, sort of playing it as "The guy we need, rather than the guy wen want to get the job done."

Got it. :up:

I'm thinking their main purpose will be to face an Aces & Eights team at BFG where Sting can draw and Joe and maybe Aries can carry a whole bunch of guys no one cares about in a secondary main event with a big stip.

[/quote]By the way Hunter, I'm curious as to your thoughts on Man of Steel[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it, I mean it was a merged remake of Superman 1 & 2 and I am looking forward to seeing fresh villains in the sequel, but overall I felt it told it's story well despite some awkward pacing, and had some cool action that finally showcased Superman's powers well even though the damage was excessive. They needed this new origin to introduce a new Superman and it was a job pretty well done that also sets the table for a great sequel. How did find it?

Shawn would be ideal since he suffered the same concussion issues Dolph has had and they were worked into an angle as well, but he's apparently slated to do the motivational thing with Daniel Bryan down the line so it might not work.

Damn! Can she work?

3. sweetre15 Positive Page

Agreed however with the rumors that Flair might appear on Raw and the fact that a lot of Ziggler is influenced from Flair, I think it would be a great idea to have a backstage segment with Flair and Ziggler in the vein of the segment with Bret Hart and Daniel Bryan from some weeks ago. Especially considering the rumor that the angle with Flair and Miz was initially intended for Ziggler.

4. TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Have some more Scarlett. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :hrt::hrt::D

5. TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Was that one good match....Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly in a Hybrid Rules Match? That was insane live. My section wasn't really into until Adam bled in those last 7 minutes went nuts.

6. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Yup. That was the match, although the title and rules was ******** and unnecessary. It was a good match, and I thought that would be the turnaround for the card, but instead we came back from intermission with Mike Bennett and Mike Mondo and the stupidest ****ing promo I have ever heard. I wanted to walking into the ring a kick Mondo in the balls. Over and over and over and over and over and over and...

But it's also a good example of what Hunter says here about a lot of indy wrestling, kids breaking their faces and necks for a **** payday in front of a small crowd that's only in it for the blood. As you said, crowd only picked up once Cole's face exploded. Yet I've been to shows at the Hammerstein that have been lively from top to bottom that didn't need to fulfill their bloodlust to enjoy a show. It was a bad crowd at a bad show.

7. TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Yeah, I was at ROH Final Battle 2010 at the Manhattan Center and that crowd was incredible. They were hot for almost everything. That show really did have the old ROH spirit.

8. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Final Battle 2010 was a fun card. Really enjoyed that show. 2009 ended on such a horrible note.

The Final Countdown, AmDrag's and Nigel's last show was a great crowd, and one of my favorite shows. That was a good time. Plus I had front row seats. God Davey Richards to spit at me. And he missed.

9. TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ...And then Mark Briscoe had to go on and ruin a perfect moment. :hehe:

10. TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Glory By Honor VIII: The Final Countdown was such an amazing show and one of the best wrestling DVDs I own.

11. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Best show I've been to, though, was Glory By Honor V Night 2, the show that was headlined by Kenta/AmDrag and where the KOW won the tag belts while they were, I believe, CHIKARA and CZW champs. Oh, the chants.

Every show I go to is held up to that standard.

12. TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Those were the days. I still stand by my opinion that Danielson/Kenta is STILL the best match in ROH history.

13. Hunter Rider Ronin

Her look is different enough that maybe WWE could take a chance on her since they don't really seem to put much emphasis on the in ring side of things, that's why we'll never see Kana. :( Maybe start her off as a valet for an NXT guy. WWE should also to bring on Porti Perez and Mia Yim.

That could work, I think the first thing WWE will do is see how the crowd are responding to Dolph, if it's really working they might not want to try the rub as it really didn't work for Miz.
    1. Mid card champions must be on every PPV and not used as JTTS,

2. Triple H retires and remains backstage forever.

3. Paul Heyman is made head of creative with 100% control

Nigel seems to be indicating that she smells. :(

:funny: I can't believe they faked the kiss. Is that Jade Chung?

14. Hunter Rider Ronin

I loved their match from Driven but I still think Punk vs Joe II is the best ever ROH match.

15. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]459997[/split]

16. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]459491[/split]

17. Hunter Rider Ronin

18. Dugath Registered

Gail is one fine woman.

I can not believe Vince misused her not once but twice. (Well actually I can believe it).

19. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

On the subject of scarlett bordeaux I have one question

Why the hell has it taken this long for me to find out about her:wow:

20. Lobo Liv is Life

No new thread title?

21. Hunter Rider Ronin

Raw tonight will give us one. :D

22. runawayboulder 2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

Scarlett Bordeaux :hrt::hrt::hrt:

Wowzers :wow::wow::wow:

23. Lobo Liv is Life

I'm hoping for a Ziggler inspired title. Though I miss Booker on commentary he gave us some unintentional gold :D

24. JabarR Registered

Up until recently, Vince McMahon has been very frustrated with how WWE’s creative team have been handling her character.

According to various sources, he wasn’t happy with how her character has developed up until last Monday night’s Raw. The in-ring segment between AJ and Kaitlyn is said to have been Vince’s idea, however AJ and others provided some input.

Well, as the saying goes, if you want something done, do it yourself. Perhaps this is why Stephanie McMahon has also gotten involved with AJ on-screen?

Credit: OhSoDivalicious.org

25. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

I'm sure something awesome will come out of tonight's Raw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.