Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that

How else to justify having Psylocke in present day X-Force when she already exists in 80s era X-Men without time travel? The ageless argument is suspect. She ages no differently in the comics than most other comic book characters, but we're talking about the movies. And I don't think we want another actress playing her in X-Force. They got away with replacing Colossus in present day because in the original X-Men films, he never had any development and barely had any dialogue (I had to recheck the name of the actor who played him). Not to mention, his power made him a CGI creation. Whereas Olivia Munn looks set to have more development plus people know who she is. People would ask why is this same character being played by two different similarly aged people in the same universe.

How else to justify having Psylocke in present day X-Force when she already exists in 80s era X-Men without time travel? The ageless argument is suspect. She ages no differently in the comics than most other comic book characters, but we're talking about the movies. And I don't think we want another actress playing her in X-Force. They got away with replacing Colossus in present day because in the original X-Men films, he never had any development and barely had any dialogue (I had to recheck the name of the actor who played him). Not to mention, his power made him a CGI creation. Whereas Olivia Munn looks set to have more development plus people know who she is. People would ask why is this same character being played by two different similarly aged people in the same universe.
She could be put in stasis and reawakened in the 21st century. There are also ways to de-age her. The Crimson Dawn is an element that would take care of that

and Munn doesnt have to reprise Psylocke for an X-force film. I dont think they will or need to do it, but they could use the body switch plotline to explain that away, effectively giving them a Psylocke to use in the past and present day stories

Last edited:
Or don't explain it. Because James and Michael have really aged 20 years...

I don't think it needs explained just have Deadpool retort "you look smokin for a 60 yr old" in a meta off the cuff way and bam!

Psylocke switched body, we saw her in X3 in different body, Asian body.

Psylocke switched body, we saw her in X3 in different body, Asian body.

Id like to think that was not the same character and there's no onscreen evidence onscreen to confirm that it was

Why is it so important Psylocke is even in X-Force?

Also, let's not forget that epilogue of The Wolverine was basically pointless, and they never explained how Xavier was resurrected.

Psylocke is looking to be one of the break out stars in XA. She will never get much to do in the main movies, especially with a young Jean, Cyclops and Storm.

IF X-Force goes R-rated, they will more than likely take inspiration from some of the newer comics where they were the Black Ops group, and Uncanny X-Force has one of the best Psylocke stories.

I can live without Psylocke, but I think its a missed opportunity, especially if Munn's Psylocke becomes very popular.

Also, let's not forget that epilogue of The Wolverine was basically pointless, and they never explained how Xavier was resurrected.

bc she's the team's most prominent member. They can do without her but like marieylee said, it would be a missed oppurtunity

Many of you are covently forgetting X-foce is likely based in large part on 1990's incarnation.X-force isn't going to be X-men under different name.Already there is danger X-force could be a deadpool and X-force film.

Many of you are covently forgetting X-foce is likely based in large part on 1990's incarnation.X-force isn't going to be X-men under different name.Already there is danger X-force could be a deadpool and X-force film.

No one is forgetting that. That version hasnt been relevant in like 20 years. The modern incarnation is more recent and was critically acclaimed. It would make more sense to base a film off of that. Why would you say that X-force isnt going to be X-men under a different name? I dont think anyone has said that and it most definitely wasnt in the books. They were very different being a violent black ops team. That sets it apart from the X-men we've seen in the movies.

If Cable is in it, it will be an amagalm, drawing inspiration from both, but being heavily based on the modern version. And Deadpool is popular so putting him in a team based film would be a great financial move. There is no danger in that. Your final point is something that vocal fans on the internet may not like but the film makers wont care as long as its bringing in the money (see Wolverine in past films). They can easily take an Avengers style approach by slowing introducing the various members (Deadpool, Psylocke, possibly Gambit and the rumored Cable and X-23) before they come together in a film

With New Mutants being a thing, it would be smart to let them incubate and develop into their own brand, and not change into X-force from the 90s. X-force (modern) allows them to have a seperate spinoff different from the other teams but can co-exist alongside them

Last edited:
For starters the producers own comments aY THEY WANT each films to be
different.also there was once report fox hoped to turn Cable into wolverine
style character for X-force.The script fox scrapped because of Apocalypse
had 1990's team.

X-force defently won't have wolverine.deadpool may be only element from more recent incarnation.

Cannonball,Psylocke,and angel are all probally out since X-men films and new mutants are in past and X-force will be In present.

Did people forget the post-credit scene in X3?!

The mid credit scene of the wolverine was to create a setup for DOFP and to quickly reveal xavier is alive without having to get into it in DOFP.
Especilly since it's clear bryan Singer didn't want to approach the brain dead twin brother angel that Simon Kinberg and rest of last stand team team came up with.

For starters the producers own comments aY THEY WANT each films to be
different.also there was once report fox hoped to turn Cable into wolverine
style character for X-force.The script fox scrapped because of Apocalypse
had 1990's team.

X-force defently won't have wolverine.deadpool may be only element from more recent incarnation.

Cannonball,Psylocke,and angel are all probally out since X-men films and new mutants are in past and X-force will be In present.

I dont get your point. My entire post highlighted how X-force would be different from the other team movies.

I never made mention of Cannonball, Wolverine or Angel. Its been stated many times but Psylocke can be utilized in the present

No and his point remains as his resurrection was never explained. Too many holes and unanswered questions. For one Xavier waking up in a body that looks exactly like his own. People were left to make up their own theories bc they had him in two films after that without bringing any real closure

I'd rather see the 90s X-Force roster. And I doubt someone from the X-Men is gonna form a separate team where killing is allowed... and if they are gonna transport Psylocke into the present, I'd rather see her with the X-Men. I would love to see her on screen with the adult version of Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Professor X than Deadpool, Cable, Domino and Copycat.

I'd rather see the 90s X-Force roster. And I doubt someone from the X-Men are gonna do a separate team where killing is allowed... and if they are gonna transport Psylocke into the present, I'd rather see her with the X-Men. I would love to see her on screen with the adult version of Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Professor X than Deadpool, Cable, Domino and Copycat.
None of the characters I mentioned are Xmen (at least not yet) so what the Xmen think doesn't matter. Besides this argument is kind of moot bc the comics featured Xmen knowing and participating in the killing

I'd rather see the 90s X-Force roster. And I doubt someone from the X-Men is gonna form a separate team where killing is allowed...

You clearly don't have a clue about anything to do with X-Force. Cyclops was one of the X-Men who ordered X-Force to be reformed after the 90's team went their separate ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"