Apocalypse These Timelines Are So Confusing. Continuity Errors.

1- 1 month? Cyclops did mention Jean's powers were oscillating, just that. He didn't say just ONE MONTH passed by since X1.
He said that she has been different since Liberty Island and that a month ago she still had trouble levitating a book across the room. With her power already being more advanced than that in X1 plus the fact that Wolverine left for Alkali at the end pretty much means X1 and X2 are less than a month apart. Unless Wolverine left the mansion and for some reason took a detour rather than looking for the answers he was obsessed with. Which makes no sense.

He said that she has been different since Liberty Island and that a month ago she still had trouble levitating a book across the room. With her power already being more advanced than that in X1 plus the fact that Wolverine left for Alkali at the end pretty much means X1 and X2 are less than a month apart. Unless Wolverine left the mansion and for some reason took a detour rather than looking for the answers he was obsessed with. Which makes no sense.

Knowing Wolverine, he spent some solo adventures in-between the movies. Not surprising.

Jean's level of power in X1 was very good. She was an X-Man. I guess she had been experiencing weird and massive oscillations in the following months, hence the fact she couldn't levitate a single book (wherever in X1 her level of power was very good - Marvel Girl level).

Knowing Wolverine, he spent some solo adventures in-between the movies. Not surprising.

Jean's level of power in X1 was very good. She was an X-Man. I guess she had been experiencing weird and massive oscillations in the following months, hence the fact she couldn't levitate a single book (wherever in X1 her level of power was very good - Marvel Girl level).

Jean showed no signs of any oscillations in X1 until after she used cerebro to find Magneto and his brotherhood. Add that to what Cyclops just said to her in X2, only 1 month has indeed passed between films.

Jean showed no signs of any oscillations in X1 until after she used cerebro to find Magneto and his brotherhood.

That's my point. She had oscillations in the following months after X1.

That's my point. She had oscillations in the following months after X1.

But what contradicts the whole "several months later" part is that X1 ended with Wolverine riding off to Alkali Lake and X2 beginning with him arriving at the site. I doubt that it took him several months to reach Alkali Lake only to head back to the X-mansion seeing as how the button on that motorcycle allows him to go faster than Quicksilver.

pretty sure x2 takes place at most month after x-men based on line about jean's power.same thing is true on wolverine.

But what contradicts the whole "several months later" part is that X1 ended with Wolverine riding off to Alkali Lake and X2 beginning with him arriving at the site. I doubt that it took him several months to reach Alkali Lake only to head back to the X-mansion seeing as how the button on that motorcycle allows him to go faster than Quicksilver.

It's doubtful he used the super speed button the whole way, as he had no reason to be in a hurry and it would be a major traffic violation. We also have no reason to think he didn't do other things off screen both on the way up to Alkali Lake and on the way back. Again, he had no reason to hurry and they never say he went directly there or came directly back.

Last edited:
I tried to crunch the numbers and work out the exact ages more or less of all the main characters in the X-Men movies, since it's a topic that comes up often (especially with the movies hopping forward every 10 years), but I hadn't seen anyone do the math.

Now, during the editing process I decided I had made Xavier too young and Mystique too old, but I didn't feel like re-recording the whole thing so I just notated it in the text. Enjoy.

[YT]TXgFLHX8pfs[/YT]

I tried to crunch the numbers and work out the exact ages more or less of all the main characters in the X-Men movies, since it's a topic that comes up often (especially with the movies hopping forward every 10 years), but I hadn't seen anyone do the math.

Now, during the editing process I decided I had made Xavier too young and Mystique too old, but I didn't feel like re-recording the whole thing so I just notated it in the text. Enjoy.

[YT]TXgFLHX8pfs[/YT]

Nice work!

[/SPOILER]

Xavier and Erik look always so young. Fox dont know make-up ???
1992: they are over 60 years old
Im not interested with x-movies anymore, fed up with this new cast

Old timeline is more confusing. According to 25moments and The Wolverine
-1963: Erik is jailed and Xavier become depressive
-2006: X3
-2010: Sentinels unleashed and X-mansion is over their control
-2015: Beast is killed and Xavier/Erik find Logan
We dont know how in 70's Erik escaped from prison, and how Xavier overcame himself, becoming Professor X we see in X1

The timeline is a big reason it's time to wipe the slate clean and start over from scratch. It's been messed up six ways to Sunday.

Xavier and Erik look always so young. Fox dont know make-up ???
1992: they are over 60 years old
Im not interested with x-movies anymore, fed up with this new cast

Old timeline is more confusing. According to 25moments and The Wolverine
-1963: Erik is jailed and Xavier become depressive
-2006: X3
-2010: Sentinels unleashed and X-mansion is over their control
-2015: Beast is killed and Xavier/Erik find Logan
We dont know how in 70's Erik escaped from prison, and how Xavier overcame himself, becoming Professor X we see in X1
I just assume X1-3 happened in another timeline anyway. And Emma Frost went back in time and meddled with things, giving us FC, which leads to very similar events as what happen in X1-3, but with slight differences, leading to TW and DOFP.

No continuity problems if you think that there are three timelines:

Timeline 1

1979: X-Men Origins
2004: X-Men
2004: X2
2005: The Last Stand
End of the saga.
Future: one reality-warping mutant comes back to the past.

Timeline 2

1800s: reality-warping mutant materializes and then changes the timeline.
1962: First Class
1981: variant of X-Men Origins
2000s: variant of the original trilogy
2013: The Wolverine
2023: dark future of Days of Future Past

Timeline 3

1800s: reality-warping mutant materializes and then changes the timeline.
1962: First Class
1973: Days of Future Past
1983: Apocalypse
1993: Dark Phoenix
2016: Deadpool
2018: Deadpool 2
2019: The New Mutants
2023: new future at the end of DOFP

"Logan" is an alternate universe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online