Things Revenge of the Fallen taught me......

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by Rock Sexton, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Rain Registered

110. There isn't a tighter shirt. They checked .

2. Aesop Rocks Now I'm Free.

*bro fist*

Is that the same kid annoying kid from Transformers 1?!!

3. YoungE808 Registered

111. Ratchet tried to fix Bumblebee's speech problem but ended up getting it himself which is why he could only get out one sentence.
    112. Megatron refuses to say thank you even when brought back to life
    113. That due to more reps on bench press, even Optimus Prime can become bigger than Megatron.
    114. America has been holding out on technology.
    115. Simmons does not want you to tell his mother.
    116. Tyrese, at times, gets nervous and throws gas signals straight downwards.

4. bullets bang bang

117. it's hard to tell your unbelievably hot girlfriend you love her even when you know it might be the last time you see her alive.

5. Aesop Rocks Now I'm Free.

He's a 'normal guy' afraid of commitment.

6. Rain Registered

yeah, I think it was "camera *****e" .

7. Jake Cassidy Registered

:hehe:

8. Aesop Rocks Now I'm Free.

"This is way cooler than Armageddon", don't know what he meant by that, I hope in an out take he tripped over his fat self.

9. Jake Cassidy Registered

:huh:

Uh..... Things falling from the sky like pieces of meteor. You know. Like 'Armageddon'.

10. batman11 7.20.2012

118. Your testicles really hurt after they get tased and Megan Fox falls on them in the middle of Egypt.

11. Superfreak Gramaton Cleric

I meant backtrack in the sense of: they had to insert the line early in the film, to make up for the fact that they either forgot that they repaired BB's voice, or to retcon the idea that it had been repaired, in order for BB to remain 'cute'. (if this is the case, they just should have never repaired his voice in the first place... back to my previous post: they are professionals, paid to do this job, they should have be thinking about these things over 2 years ago)

12. chaseter Esteemed Member

Well to be fair, no one knew that it would be a huge success and a sequel would be ordered immediately. No one knew that everyone would love Bumblebee and the way he is before the movie came out.

They didn't set out to write a trilogy before TF1 so not everything is smooth as silk but I do agree that their writing needs to be polished up and I think we can blame the writer's strike for this one. However, Paramount should not have pushed to get this done because it did affect the quality.

That is another thing I learned, I learned that Paramount are ****es like Fox.

13. dark_b Registered

the writters strike did some damage to the writting. but i am not trying to defend everything here.

14. AnorexicBatman Registered

118. You do not require talent to be a successful director regardless of your reputation

120. For Orci and Kurtsman:
    Star Trek = Another long and hard day at work
    Transformers 2 = Vacation

#139 AnorexicBatman, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  15. YoungE808 Registered

119. Nobody cares about reviving Jazz.

16. PrimusOptimus Registered

100% agree..they seemed pressured on the hotel lock-up Bay did for them and it showed on the film..

17. carnageehw Registered

Movies aren't filmed in chronological order, silly

18. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

I learned that I need to find the manufacturer of those white pants Megan Fox wears while running through the desert. After all that running and getting tossed around in the dirt by explosions, they were still perfectly white! If they make men's jeans, I'll never have to wash them, ever!

19. AnorexicBatman Registered

121. If you hate on this movie, you are a *****e. If you love this movie, you are a ******

:hehe: An in-joke if you will... mostly about the user review thread

20. chaseter Esteemed Member

What does that have to do with it being explained in the first 15 minutes of the movie?

21. carnageehw Registered

You can film the "explinations scenes" after realizing mistakes, and insert them at the beginning of the movie, so it appears as part of the plan all along.

22. dark_b Registered

bravo

[​IMG]

23. AnorexicBatman Registered

CHARLES FOSTER KANE?! OH NO!!!

Read it again. It was a joke based on the arguments we had in the review forum.
    Both sides were calling names. It's all good....

24. Superfreak Gramaton Cleric

I agree, except for the writers strike. If anything, the strike provided writers with lots of time to reflect upon their work, basically, they all got huge extensions. Just because you are on strike, doesn't mean you stop working, it just means you stop providing your work to your employer. Every movie maker should be thinking about the future of the franchise, even when working on the introductory film. When this doesn't happen, you end up with tripe like Superman Returns, where in order to save the franchise, so much would have to be retconned out of the introductory film, that it might finally be safer to just start a whole new franchise. This is clearly not the case with transformers, yet. But just a point I'm using to illustrate the idea.

Transformers 2 taught me that MBAY still has a long way to go, in learning about visual continuity: case a point, Optimus and Bumblebee save Sam from the warehouse, then suddenly end up in the forest, just a wierd transition,,,, or absence of transition all together. It's actually the exact same foul up as in the first movie, where Bumblebee saves Sam in daylight, drives into a building, and then 2 seconds later, it's night time. These are rinkydinky mistakes that only the most inexperienced highschool filmmakers make. It certainly didn't make me happy after paying 15$ for a movie ticket, and then 20$ for 2 500ml bottles of coke.

#149 Superfreak, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  25. Angry Sentinel Registered

there was a transition... at least in Bay's mind... the explosions are like a wipe to the next scene...