• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things You Want And Don't Want In Spidey 3.

I want:

1. Danny Elfman's score to be used and respected, regardless of whether the other guy is doing the music for SMIII - I think Elfman's music is brilliant, and to change it in the third film would make the trilogy "disjointed" in a way.
2. Peter and Mary Jane together for most, if not throughout the whole film. I don't mean THROUGHOUT the whole film, just together, period. I just hate the stupid idea of bringing in Gwen Stacy to "ruin" things between them after everything they've been through. I liked the amount of romance in the last two films, it's fine with me, I think we need a little.
3. Green Goblin 2 and Sandman as the villains, little or no Venom. I think the more "old fashioned" villains from the older SM comics are more appropriate and more recognizable to the general viewing public. If you want a really scary, slimy monster with big teeth in a film, go rent "Alien".

I don't want:

1. Venom.
2. The symbiote in any shape or form or jumping from one person to another, or even existing. Stupid.
3. Some other guy doing the score and #$%^ing it up with his own ideas.
4. Chocolate cake girl.
 
- No more Spidey's mask off for no reason.
- No death other than Gwen.
- No John Jameson.
- No Venom. Brock perhaps, not Venom, yet.
- More one-liners from Spidey, but not so many that it gets annoying to the viewer.
- Awesome shifting by Sandman.
- Vengeance crazed Harry Goblin.
 
All those people who do not want Venom will be sorely dissapointed by the movie.
 
TheCardPlayer said:
All those people who do not want Venom will be sorely dissapointed by the movie.

And yet, they will be at the movie theatres opening night.
 
venom4life said:
And yet, they will be at the movie theatres opening night.

I already got my tickets.

Yes, I went into the future. Don't ask me how. I'll be posting the explanation on IMDb shortly.
 
I'm going opening night, as I did with the first two films. As i've said, i'll save my opinion until after the film. I think i'll enjoy spider-man 3, I loved the first two films, see no reason why SM-3 wont be any good. VINO or not, Snowgoblin or not etc. I mean, it's SPIDER-MAN 3!

Yay!
 
cmill216 said:
I already got my tickets.

Yes, I went into the future. Don't ask me how. I'll be posting the explanation on IMDb shortly.

Even then, they will get their info wrong as always.
 
Wow some of these want lists are ridiculous.

-Gwen to die......wtf is the point in that??
-No more Stan Lee cameos?? Stan deserves to be seen in every damn Spidey movie they make,for as long as he's around.I just wish his cameos were longer.
-Lots of Venom.Well considering Grace doesn't become a nemesis until the end,lots of Venom ain't happening.Personally I hope they kill him off.
-Less love story?? HA! With TWO chicks in this one,there will be even more love story.
 
No end credits!

The movie should go on and on and on and on and on and on and on
 
Oh I also want in SM-3;

- Clones
- The Spot
- Hydroman
- The Walrus
- Black Cat
- Frodo
- Jack Black
- Predator
- David Hasselhoff
- X-Men
- Elvis Presley
- Gwen must Die
- More love story omg lol
- OMG The Vulture and Mysterio lol, omgz!
 
make peter alittle more mature. no more nerdy peter, he's supposed to be grown up now.
 
Why does everyone keep bringing up Gwen Stacy?I haven't heard anything about her being in SP3
 
TheFlyinRussian said:
Why does everyone keep bringing up Gwen Stacy?I haven't heard anything about her being in SP3

she is in the movie and is being played by Bryce Howard look a few threads back and you will see
 
No Spider-Man. It's rediculous having him appearing over and over :p
 
TheFlyinRussian said:
Why does everyone keep bringing up Gwen Stacy?I haven't heard anything about her being in SP3


Then apparently you haven't been visiting these boards much.:confused:
 
What I want But will not happen

Sandman and Hobgoblin as the only villians , no Venom, George Stacy , or Gwen Stacy

* Peter feeling he needs to be more powerful to protect the people he cares about I.E Mary Jane, and Aunt May . This gives him a reason to except the symboite.

* Peter's attuide changing slowely throughout the film . Being more confident, then Arrogant , Then almost obsessive and paranoid.

* Mary Jane trying to come to terms with Peter being Spiderman. Can she really except him risking his life all the time . Really delve into her worries and fears . Has she made the right choice.

* Jamesson actually not really caring about MJ and Peter being together. I would fit more in the JK Simmons version. Maybe to his wife he would pretend to rake Parker over the coals but he does that to get her off his back. IMO i'd be a waste of time having JJ brood over John's broken engagement.

* Aunt May moving on with her life and forming a close bond with MJ

* Eddie Brock has a small role .

* Harry having a relationship with Liz Allen in the guise of Bryce Taylor Howard . For the first time he has the chance to be happy but his demons stand in the way of that .

* Harry leads a double life as Hobgoblin and has to choose either his future with Liz or his past with Peter and Norman.

* Harry Dies in a similar vain in the comics but not because he teams up against Venom and Sandman.

* At the end Peter is at Harry's funeral , similar to the first film and Liz discloses to Peter that she is pregnaunt .

* In the end Peter returns to an empty apartment with MJ leaving a note saying she's left to clear her head . This would set up Peter meeting someone new like Felica Hardy in part 4.

* The symboite goes to brock setting up Spiderman 4
 
Izzysamos said:
I want:

1. Danny Elfman's score to be used and respected, regardless of whether the other guy is doing the music for SMIII - I think Elfman's music is brilliant, and to change it in the third film would make the trilogy "disjointed" in a way.
2. Peter and Mary Jane together for most, if not throughout the whole film. I don't mean THROUGHOUT the whole film, just together, period. I just hate the stupid idea of bringing in Gwen Stacy to "ruin" things between them after everything they've been through. I liked the amount of romance in the last two films, it's fine with me, I think we need a little.
3. Green Goblin 2 and Sandman as the villains, little or no Venom. I think the more "old fashioned" villains from the older SM comics are more appropriate and more recognizable to the general viewing public. If you want a really scary, slimy monster with big teeth in a film, go rent "Alien".
:up::up::up:
I agree on all those points, especially the score. Danny Elfman's worked for Raimi for 20 years, he deserves a little respect.

Doc Ock said:
Wow some of these want lists are ridiculous.

-Gwen to die......wtf is the point in that??
Well, Doc, her death IS the point. The reason Gwen is immortalized in comic history is due to her DEATH in the Spider-man comics - that she was someone that Spider-man genuinely cared about who was killed by his enemies. Not killing her off would be a betrayal of her character and contribution to the Spider-man legend.
 
AnimeJune said:
Well, Doc, her death IS the point. The reason Gwen is immortalized in comic history is due to her DEATH in the Spider-man comics - that she was someone that Spider-man genuinely cared about who was killed by his enemies. Not killing her off would be a betrayal of her character and contribution to the Spider-man legend.

Her character was also established for nearly 90 issues. I'm not gonna get into a complete analysis. But she was a great love for Peter and you don't develop that in one film, especially when she isn't Peter's TRUE LOVE in the film-verse (*cough* Mary Jane *cough*).

What I'm getting at is that you don't establish a character and kill off a character like Gwen in one film. If she is to be killed off in a future Spidey film (if we get any future Spidey films), then her character will have been sufficiently established.
 
I still think Harry should eventually side with Peter and team up with him, because why do we have to watch Spiderman vs. GG again? Sure it would be a stronger emotional battle, "You killed my father this is my revenge" and all that, but I just don't think we need it. I would love for Venom to have a big part, although I'm almost certain Sandman will be the main villian. As long as I see Venom on-screen, I think I'll be happy. And I think Topher Grace SHOULD play him. I ranted about it somewhere else and I'll post it here if I get the chance, but I have my reasons.

Oh, and June, its cool to see you posting on the Spiderman boards too. I wanted to compliment you because you and I both started in the same month, and you already have an avatar and everything, and Hype members think highly of you. I'm working on getting to that point, but I think its really cool.
 
I want Sandman to be a "chav" or a "******" and be like "I'm Sandman, *****" or "Yo spidey, stop hatin *****, why you always gotta be all up in my grill?" And make "bling" out of sand
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"