Thirty More Countries Could Get Nukes Soon

That is it. I am building a rocket ship and leaving this planet.

:csad::o sadly there's no way in heck I can do that.

hippie_hunter said:
The United States only had a monopoly on nuclear weapons from 1944 to 1949. In 1949 the monopoly ended, that was about 60 YEARS AGO. And then the United Kingdom, France, China, South Africa, Israel, India, Pakistan, and North Korea developed them also.

1. A monopoly is when someone posesses all means of production, capability, etc. and no one else does.

2. A monopoly does not have eight other nations have the means to do something.

3. The Soviet Union, China and North Korea developed nuclear weapons and we certainly weren't friendly to them. We only got friendly with them (excluding North Korea), due to changing times.

4. The United States could always be blown away. I used to live in an area that is targeted by Russian and Chinese nuclear missiles. It's not just today or tommorow, it was always!

5. I'm going to tell you this every time you post something stupid like this:

F**KING LEARN ABOUT THE UNITED STATES BEFORE YOU F**KING B***H ABOUT IT FOR F**KING CHRIST SAKES! STOP BEING SO F**KING IGNORANT WITH YOUR "AMERICA SUCKS" COMMENTS! :cmad:

I can imagine i know more about the USA than you.I wont stoop down to your dumb level with curses.Actually,i think your the ignorant and stupid one for taking this so seriously.And yet,the truth hurts for some when they hear it."America sucks".........because,well it does.:hyper:

Jourmugand said:
I can imagine i know more about the USA than you.
You act like you know about the United States but you know nothing about it. Are you even American?

I wont stoop down to your dumb level with curses.
It's getting f**king annoying, that's why. You have a very ignorant hatred of the United States.

Actually,i think your the ignorant and stupid one for taking this so seriously.And yet,the truth hurts for some when they hear it."America sucks".........because,well it does.:hyper:
Listen here, I may not always agree with my government. I may oppose my President. But I am a patriot. I love my land, not my government. I come from a patriotic family. And I don't take kindly to someone ignorantly talk trash about my home when they don't know what the f**k they are talking about. Would you like it if someone did that to your country? I think not.

And notice how you didn't even respond to any of my points. I wonder why? Oh yeah, because I'm right and you can't respond to them. You always to stupid crap like this. To you America is just a scapegoat that you can complain about.

The United States is not perfect. No place is. It never will be perfect. No place will be. But it's a hell of a lot better than the vast majority of the world. So you sir can go to hell.

I think 30 or more countries are in consideration of arming themselves with nuclear weapons has nothing to do with hating the US. Some of them, as hippie hunter has rightfully put, pose no threat to the US and vice versa.

I think the move by these countries, however, have something to do with pre-emptive defence AGAINST the US. Like I said, it has nothing to do with hating the US, but given how the US can be rather finicky about who their allies are, not one nation can be safe enough to presume that they'd be America's friends for life and not one day be a target for whatever reason, malicious or otherwise. All of America's enemies were at one time allies.

So, I'm guessing that's what's prompting the move.

Jourmugand said:
I can imagine i know more about the USA than you.I wont stoop down to your dumb level with curses.Actually,i think your the ignorant and stupid one for taking this so seriously.And yet,the truth hurts for some when they hear it."America sucks".........because,well it does.:hyper:

Your response is that you know more about the US? Obviously not.

The Overlord said:
So is Luxembourg not a country?

You can't spend billions dollars and justify it by saying something could happen in the future, of course something could happen in the future, aliens could invade and nukes may not affect their space ships, so we will still get invaded and waste money on nukes we don't need. Unless you can justify spending money with a realstic scernario, you are being wasteful, spending billions on something that may happen in the far future is wasteful.

Seriously the very fact Canada borders the US will ensure that no country will even consider invading Canada, so there is no need to build nukes when there is psychological deterrent right there. Unless the US has a coup and becomes a military dictatorship and invades Canada (which is unlikely), there is no way foreseeable way Canada will be invaded and if the US invades Canada, we're screwed no matter what.

I don't care about Luxembourg. They can live how they see fit. If they think that they will always exist as a country without an army, that's their privilige and they can live with the consequences, good or bad.

It doesn't matter to me if the US will defend Canada as readily as they defend their own country. It's Canada's responsibility to defend its own country, nobody else's.

I love how Canadians ***** about the US on all kinds of issues, but are insistent that we somehow have the right to expect protection from the US no matter what.

War Lord said:
I don't care about Luxembourg. They can live how they see fit. If they think that they will always exist as a country without an army, that's their privilige and they can live with the consequences, good or bad.

It doesn't matter to me if the US will defend Canada as readily as they defend their own country. It's Canada's responsibility to defend its own country, nobody else's.

I love how Canadians ***** about the US on all kinds of issues, but are insistent that we somehow have the right to expect protection from the US no matter what.

Heh, I'm half American genius, so I'm more American then you will ever be, so don't accuse me ****ting on the US, you pale American wannabe poseur. You're just a wannabe, I'm the real deal.

Also forget Luxembourg, Germany and Japan don't have nukes are you saying they aren't real countries.

I don't expect the US to do anything, I know for fact the US would prevent other countries from invading Canada, even if Canada didn't want them to. Its part of the reality. Since it will always be like that and nothing will change it, there is no reason to be happy, sad or angry about it.

Besides you still haven't presented a realstic threat, a country with the ability and motive to invade Canada and explained how nuking them would protect us from that threat. If China invaded Canada and they nuked them in reponse, wouldn't they nuke us back? Of course even that scernario is unlikely, because I don't see China or any other country invading Canada in the foreseeible future. Seriously spending billions dollars on something you can't even justify in a pratical scenraio is stupid and wasteful. Your only agruement is: "well maybe we will need nukes to counter something in the far future" is a weak one, maybe terrorists will hijack our nukes and blow up Ottawa, seriously your create policy based stuff that "may" happen in the far future is a fool's game.

Danger Mouse said:
I think 30 or more countries are in consideration of arming themselves with nuclear weapons has nothing to do with hating the US. Some of them, as hippie hunter has rightfully put, pose no threat to the US and vice versa.

I think the move by these countries, however, have something to do with pre-emptive defence AGAINST the US. Like I said, it has nothing to do with hating the US, but given how the US can be rather finicky about who their allies are, not one nation can be safe enough to presume that they'd be America's friends for life and not one day be a target for whatever reason, malicious or otherwise. All of America's enemies were at one time allies.

So, I'm guessing that's what's prompting the move.
:up: Good post.

War Lord said:
I've lived in this country for 25 years and have yet to meet a single Canadian who expects (or would want) the United States to defend us. Also, why would Canadians, or anyone else for that matter, not have the right to speak their piece about the policies of the United States or any other country in the global community? Do you ***** about the Iraqi government's policies? Or those of North Korea? Or those of Iran? Yes, you do. So, I guess...shut the **** up...?:huh:

Chauncey said:
I wouldn't blame most of the countries on the planet to want to develop nukes in order to protect themselves from the US.

:whatever:

If Iraq had nukes we would have never invaded. That's why everyone wants nukes.

blind_fury said:
What did Iraq have though? Forgotten weapons of minor discomfort buried in the desert when the Iran/Iraq war was going on in the 80's

Chauncey said:
I've lived in this country for 25 years and have yet to meet a single Canadian who expects (or would want) the United States to defend us. Also, why would Canadians, or anyone else for that matter, not have the right to speak their piece about the policies of the United States or any other country in the global community? Do you ***** about the Iraqi government's policies? Or those of North Korea? Or those of Iran? Yes, you do. So, I guess...shut the **** up...?:huh:

It's an assumption that the US would protect Canada. That's why Canadians support massive spending on social programs because they don't believe that military spending is really necessary.

hippie_hunter said:
Tell that to some people :o

True, but al-Qaeda also hates us because of our troops and ships on Muslim soil (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Bahrain, and others)

Alquida is now using Iraq as a rallying cry, but I'm sure it's made key officials happy that Saddam is out of their way, and they are also happy that they have this new rallying cry. They already hated us before we went to Iraq. Us removing Saddam allowed them into Iraq.

Jourmugand said:

if you were to poll all non U.S. citizens on the planet and ask them which country would you like to live in the most if you were to leave your own country, and the vast majority of them would say the United States. Were on the brink of building a fence just to get people to stop coming over here.

Yeah it must suck real bad here :whatever:

The Overlord said:
Heh, I'm half American genius, so I'm more American then you will ever be, so don't accuse me ****ting on the US, you pale American wannabe poseur. You're just a wannabe, I'm the real deal.

nahhh. your just a half breed :woot:
kidding aside how can you be half American? Being American doesn't mean belonging to a race of Americans. It means having citizenship in the U.S. Your either American or your not. There is not such thing as half american or inbetween American.

Also forget Luxembourg, Germany and Japan don't have nukes are you saying they aren't real countries.

I don't expect the US to do anything, I know for fact the US would prevent other countries from invading Canada, even if Canada didn't want them to. Its part of the reality. Since it will always be like that and nothing will change it, there is no reason to be happy, sad or angry about it.

Besides you still haven't presented a realstic threat, a country with the ability and motive to invade Canada and explained how nuking them would protect us from that threat. If China invaded Canada and they nuked them in reponse, wouldn't they nuke us back? Of course even that scernario is unlikely, because I don't see China or any other country invading Canada in the foreseeible future. Seriously spending billions dollars on something you can't even justify in a pratical scenraio is stupid and wasteful. Your only agruement is: "well maybe we will need nukes to counter something in the far future" is a weak one, maybe terrorists will hijack our nukes and blow up Ottawa, seriously your create policy based stuff that "may" happen in the far future is a fool's game

Cananda's new preisdent who wants to have a closer relationship with Bush could really change all of that, but for the most part Canada is pretty safe.

blind_fury said:

Actually that was half of Bush's argument for war with Iraq.

Spider-Bite said:
Canada's new preisdent who wants to have a closer relationship with Bush could really change all of that, but for the most part Canada is pretty safe.

Seriously, Canada's new president is so fantastic that he's a figment of your imagination.

War Lord said:
Seriously, Canada's new president is so fantastic that he's a figment of your imagination.

don't know much about him, other than he approves of Bush, and is a right winger. How much you want to bet your economy will suffer or the ecnomic wealth will be redistributed so that the gap between the rich and the poor grows? How much you want to bet you will see a sudden increse in middle eastern hatred for your country?

Spider-Bite said:
don't know much about him, other than he approves of Bush, and is a right winger. How much you want to bet your economy will suffer or the ecnomic wealth will be redistributed so that the gap between the rich and the poor grows? How much you want to bet you will see a sudden increse in middle eastern hatred for your country?

How much you wanna bet that if Harper, the PRIME MINISTER, gets a majority, he'll improve my countries statistics in many respects?

Spider-Bite said:
nahhh. your just a half breed :woot:
kidding aside how can you be half American? Being American doesn't mean belonging to a race of Americans. It means having citizenship in the U.S. Your either American or your not. There is not such thing as half american or inbetween American.

Cananda's new preisdent who wants to have a closer relationship with Bush could really change all of that, but for the most part Canada is pretty safe.

My father was born in Canada, as was I, but my mother was born in the US, that gives me the right to have duel citizenship and my ability to apply for American citizenship (since its a birthright for me) is far easier than someone with no American no parents at all. Since my mom is American and my dad is Canadian, I am half American, half Canadian.

Also FYI has Prime Ministers not Presidents, Canada is still a member of the Commom Wealth and the head of state is offically Queen Elizibeth II, though the PM has the real power.

War Lord said:
How much you wanna bet that if Harper, the PRIME MINISTER, gets a majority, he'll improve my countries statistics in many respects?

I doubt it. Not to be offensive, but right winger presidents who feel about their country the way you feel about your country usually cause more harm to their country than good. I mean just look at Kim Jong, or the president of Iran or president Bush. They aren't exactly making the best choices, and those are the same choices you are advocating for your own country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"