Age of Ultron Thomas Krestchmann IS Baron Strucker

I'll be quite pleased if this film sets up Von Strucker as a major league threat. I feel like Von Strucker (and, you could argue, HYDRA as a whole) have not always been utilised to the best of their potential. Von Strucker did mastermind one of the greatest Marvel villain schemes ever under Jonathan Hickman's pen in Secret Warriors, and that convinced me Von Strucker could be an A-list Big Bad in the Marvel canon with the right push. Maybe this film will do just that.

Doesn't sound like he'll be a consistent threat through the film, just one at the beginning.

Doesn't sound like he'll be a consistent threat through the film, just one at the beginning.

I think Keyser Soze means setting Von Strucker up as a major threat in the MCU as a whole not simply just this film :cwink:

That after-credits scene seemed to focus on Strucker's arm. I wonder if he'll lose it before the AoU prologue, or maybe even during the prologue in a fight against Captain America. Getting his arm replaced with the claw would be awesome.

If Strucker is introduced
holding The Twins in their cells.How will he get away from The Avengers? Wasnt he pretty much saying hes not even concerned by a threat from Cap & friends? Which is pretty nuts considering they saved the world from The Chitauri etc
Thats what I want to know. Maybe pull a Red Skull and escape to someplace else? A secret HYDRA base in another location where other members are?....

Last edited:
Yeah, from what I remember, he was the most badass.

I forgot what happened to him. I don't think he died.

QS and SW are rumored to be working for Strucker. Some people think he might also double as their father, but that's only fan speculation so far.

Strucker could be their father, although I don't think that he will be.

But IMO it's obvious why he was chosen: as we all know, in the comics, QS and SW originally worked for a super villain (Magneto) who later turned out to be their father.

For AoU, it wasn't possible to use Magneto, so they had to look for someone else to be the twin's master. Strucker fits into the picture cause in the comics there was a brother/sister team working for him: his own children, Andrea and Andreas von Strucker. Together they are also known as Fenris. Like QS and SW, they are twins and mutants.

So QS and SW do not only represent the comic characters of the same name, but they also stand in for the Strucker twins. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be Strucker's biological children in AoU.

I noticed that

Strucker at the end of CA:TWS doesn't have a bald head. He just looks like he's balding, but still has some hair on the back of his head. However, he does have a monocle.

Why couldn't they give him his bald head? That makes him more iconic. If they can give him the monocle (which might be perceived as too campy) then why couldn't he shave his head entirely?

I noticed that

Strucker at the end of CA:TWS doesn't have a bald head. He just looks like he's balding, but still has some hair on the back of his head. However, he does have a monocle.

Why couldn't they give him his bald head? That makes him more iconic. If they can give him the monocle (which might be perceived as too campy) then why couldn't he shave his head entirely?

because Doctor Evil

I think strucker probably answers to zemo, would be cool if cap 3 it was zemo leading strucker, crossbones, and sin

Struckers only in that end credits clip for a brief time but Im already thinking hes a really awesome HYDRA stand in for Red Skull. He seems to be just as crazy about world domination as his predescessor. I love the dialogue in it too. It does what its supposed to, gets you really excited about AOU and the future of the MCU!

Last edited:
Yeah it was a great scene, loved it, also I feel Krestchmenn is genius casting

With the big MCU shake up in TWS, I dont think anything is off the tables in terms of characters/ideas from the comics now. Ish is gonna get crazier from here on out!

He has the monocle! I totally didn't think they'd give him it. :D

I noticed that

Marvel Studios probably didn't want too much of a Donald Pleasence vibe going on.

blo blo blo your bald....the whole chasing weapons thing is what gets a bit boring to me...how they got
posession of lokis staff anyway?
this is clearly a modern issue of these days...some try to achieve weapons of massdestruction..while others have them all along just for intimidation...its actually clever from marvel and film makers picking up those problems and fears even if its totally mainstream and not just for certain audiences, like comic nerds. it was the nuclear bomb and radiation aera when most of the superheroes and monsters where invented. and its still a main issue these days. i guess thats why those movies work so well again. (can't wait for godzilla btw) :woot:

blo blo blo your bald....the whole chasing weapons thing is what gets a bit boring to me...how they got
posession of lokis staff anyway?

Well...
S.H.I.E.L.D. probably took it after the battle in New York, and who is S.H.I.E.L.D. really? :cwink:

Just seen the Winter Soldier and it appears that...
Strucker is using the staff Loki received from Thanos to experiment on human test subjects, the scientist he's talking to says that many of the"Volunteers" have died and only the twins(Wanda and Pietro) have survived.

Last edited:
HYDRA and SHIELD, two sides of the same coin thats no longer currency. This is now an Age of Miracles...

I'm wondering if the Strucker we see at the end of TWS will be the same when we see him in AoU. From what I heard, he plans to stall the Avengers with Hydra bases all around the world while he works toward Hydra's goal. If that takes a while, then maybe by the time the events of AoU roll around, we'll see a bald Strucker that had his arm severed by Cap in a past raid before barely escaping. Then we'll get to see him wearing the Satan Claw.

Just a thought, because to me, it looked like TWS mid-credit scene focused on Strucker's arm at the very first shot. That could mean something in time.

Last edited:
What I was thinking is so far in phase 2 the people we think are the bad guys are the stooges for the real bad guys so maybe Ultron is just a smokescreen for strucker to plan his final revenge

Strucker could be their father, although I don't think that he will be.

But IMO it's obvious why he was chosen: as we all know, in the comics, QS and SW originally worked for a super villain (Magneto) who later turned out to be their father.

For AoU, it wasn't possible to use Magneto, so they had to look for someone else to be the twin's master. Strucker fits into the picture cause in the comics there was a brother/sister team working for him: his own children, Andrea and Andreas von Strucker. Together they are also known as Fenris. Like QS and SW, they are twins and mutants.

So QS and SW do not only represent the comic characters of the same name, but they also stand in for the Strucker twins. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be Strucker's biological children in AoU.

They referred to them as volunteers in that post credit sequence so I don't think he's there father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"