THOR (July 16, 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points, I say keep it down the middle.... Go B list for everyone... then it can become a who's who, thor, odin, loki and blake should all be names we know. Fandral, Sif, Volstagg, Balder, etc.... can be up and comers.... most of this budget will go to heavy cgi, not the actors pockets...

BTW Mckidd is on Grey's Anatomy, over 10mill viewers a week, mostly females,... that's another audience that skars CANT bring...sorry but that's the truth... Marvel knows this... which i think should give KMK an edge... it's all about final numbers and who's doing what now.....some of these people on the pole aren't on anyone's radar right now with anything successful recently... right? jmho....

I still wouldn't mind seeing:

dolph-lundgren-smiling.jpg

He's not THAT old... I am sure the he'll be in shape since he is doing the Expendables right now... that is if they can't get Skarsgard. Obviously you wish you could get ten years back, but he'll only be 54 by Avengers. If they want a long franchise then it may not be such a good idea

damn, fat, u caught me off guard with that one.... whoever is thor will be thor for at least 6 yrs (Thor 2010, Avengers 2011/12, Thor 2 2014, Avengers 2, 2015/16.... so someone late 20's early/mid 30's fits in the category..

Thor 2 and Avengers 2? Maybe we are getting a little ahead of ourselves... what if Thor flops? Then they may never use the character again for a long time after Avengers. Not that Dolph is my number one choice... just an option. I don't see Thor being a long term franchise though.

I see him getting a sequel bro... then we can have enchantress and the executioner OR the wrecking crew... If thor makes it budget back and has a GREAT fight with the hulk, i am sure we will get a pt. 2...

I think we'll be lucky to get a sequel to TIH. And if Hulk can't get a part 2 then why would Thor? I still think a Hulk sequel will happen with Norton, but I wouldn't bet more than a dime on it. I don't see Thor doing much better than TIH at the BO either.

Moving to another thread... nothing to see here

I think we'll be lucky to get a sequel to TIH. And if Hulk can't get a part 2 then why would Thor? I still think a Hulk sequel will happen with Norton, but I wouldn't bet more than a dime on it. I don't see Thor doing much better than TIH at the BO either.

Because Thor is better than Hulk. :o

Because Ang Lee didn't take a dump on Thor's chest in 2003 :csad:

what about the guy from journeyman as thor?

Because Ang Lee didn't take a dump on Thor's chest in 2003 :csad:

What does Ang Lee have to do with the fact that Thor is a B-list at best and the public is probably not at all familiar with the character? Let's have realistic expectations for the character. He's not at all guaranteed to have his own franchise.

What does Ang Lee have to do with the fact that Thor is a B-list at best and the public is probably not at all familiar with the character? Let's have realistic expectations for the character. He's not at all guaranteed to have his own franchise.
Thor, much like Iron Man before him, is a blank slate cinematically - the general public has no expectations pre-trailer. Hulk was not.

And I don't think it will do great at the BO. I think it could.

I think if The Avengers movie does big bank, ,then both Thor and The Hulk will get sequels...

The same could have been said about Iron Man, and look how that turned out. If Thor looks good, and is marketed well enough, there's no reason it can't do similar business.

The same could have been said about Iron Man, and look how that turned out. If Thor looks good, and is marketed well enough, there's no reason it can't do similar business.

So there is no reason to think it can't flop either? All I am saying is we will probably see Thor again in Avengers 2 before Thor 2. Success of Avengers has little bearing on the solo franchises. Thor is almost 90% Asgard... probably will have little to do with the Avengers universe. I just don't see a sequel happening based on potential.

Last edited:
So there is no reason to think it can't flop either? All I am saying is we will probably see Thor again in Avengers 2 before Thor 2. Success of Avengers has little bearing on the solo franchises. Thor is almost 90% Asgard... probably will have little to do with the Avengers universe. I just don't see a sequel happening based on potential.

Nobody is saying that a flop is impossible. We're simply also acknowledging the possibility of success.

the avengers should come upon a coffin with a hammer and skeleton inside, thus appearing thor!

or a perfectly preserved unconcius body of thor!

Here's some wild speculation on my part - elmayimbe from latinoreview recently got a Thor scoop, and there's a certain 6'4" actor who has been making the press rounds for a movie that is about to open to over $50M this weekend. Is there a connection?

Just a thought ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"