Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by BigThor, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Lady_Sif

Lady_Sif Goddess of Asgard

Yes, he is enjoying what he does with a big smile on his face. And he has even some kind of humor. In the comics too. While Thor is a very serious character who doesn't like to play around at all. I guess this is one of the reasons I enjoy them both as contrary characters.

2. godisawesome

godisawesome Well-Known Member

You should also consider that Loki's probably the best translated super villain of the entire Marvel Movie Universe. He's referred to by his name, dresses like the comicbook, has the grandiose plans and ostentation you expect, and he's got the key characteristics that have defined the character for decades. He's a better translation than any of Iron Man's villains and has more depth than Red Skull.

He's the exception to the one big advantage you can say the Bat films have over the Marvel ones; the Dark Knight Trilogy managed to justify and emphasize the theatricality and mythos of the villains, while the Marvel movies have succeeded mostly in making sure the villain's threat level remains the same, but tend to lack the interpretive flair you'd want them to keep, though this is mostly a flaw of the Iron Man films.

The Thor films probably have the easiest time making the heroes had villains feel mythic because of the whole aliens excuse.

3. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I think the biggest thing with Thor and Loki is that I find them both to be interesting. So often you either get an interesting hero and a less interesting villain, or vice versa. In the Batman trilogy I only really cared for Batman in the first one (but Ra's al Ghul wasn't as interesting). In the other two I thought he was uninteresting compared to the main villains (the secondary villains were always wasted imo). The opposite with the Iron Man trilogy, where the villains don't match how good Tony Stark is.

4. Lady_Sif

Lady_Sif Goddess of Asgard

Loki and Thor are half brothers and they can't be more different in characters and powers. I think that alone is a great base. And Brannagh established the family aspect of them very well. It's not only bad guy wants to conquer the world and fights the good guy. Here we have the tragedy. Loki feeling unloved and not belonging. Thor wants him back as a brother and friend. What I love about that is that Thor actually never gives up on his brother. Although Loki won't be the same again.

While the other heroes and villains don't have a strong emotional base of a past Thor and Loki share as brothers.

5. Aging Fangirl

Aging Fangirl slow slog to 1000 posts

Just saw some positive buzz about the upcoming TTDW trailers. No spoilers, just a very enthusiastic endorsement from someone who seems to be a legit insider.

Not sure about posting links to tubmlr. (is a copy and paste okay??)

To play it safe, go to Eliza72's Tumblr homepage.

6. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

You can link to Tumblr here or copy-and-paste if you want to.

7. Aging Fangirl

8. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

from the looks of there might be multiple trailers, kinda like MoS...
    and late Aug to early Sept seems to be about the right time. I would be surprised if it comes out early...
    maybe people at SDCC might catch it earlier

9. xeno000

Thanks! From the sound of it, a version of the trailer might even be ready for The Wolverine, which makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint. It would be even better if they could ready it for showing with The Lone Ranger (another Disney film) or Pacific Rim since those films hit the same demographic. Whenever Marvel releases the trailer, it can't come soon enough. :word:

10. darkslayer101

that seems a bit early for a movie that comes out on November...

11. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

I'm expecting some footage to be shown at Comicon

12. Aging Fangirl

You're welcome! (props to Eliza72)

It'll be a tough slog till August - although I did see this same person drop a little hint in answer to another person's request for more info:

The trick is to swoop in and get a peek before Marvel censors pull the plug. :woot: We're such an impatient lot.

13. darkslayer101

I am sure SDCC will keep us busy but we do have to get through June with no Thor TDW stuff...

14. Aging Fangirl

June already felt long. Just got longer.

To those of you lucky enough to be heading to SDCC next month, we expect to be properly spoiled when you get back. :yay:

15. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

If the next Thor:TDW trailer is released as early as The Wolverine I'm gonna be ESTATIC.

16. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I hope so, it is the year of the red cape you know lol:woot:

17. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

I really kinda doubt this. I think there will definitely be something at SDCC, new posters and maybe some footage (first 10 min or something), but I don't think there is another full trailer until September. The way to go would be to debut the second trailer with the premier of Agents of SHIELD.

18. warriorking

warriorking Well-Known Member

:doh: Lets hope they treat TTDW better than MOS hype wise, I have seen so many product commercials that are using MOS shots its quite embarrassing at times...

19. darkslayer101

i didn't get hyped for MoS until the last few trailers, which i hope did not spoil the movie (gonna watch it tmw). I really hope the trailers bring the action and excitement but it is really hard to get hype without adding a few moneyshots.
    Trailers these days spoil the entire movie and i hope TTDW doesn't got that road with the next trailers.

20. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

lol Did you see that Leno clip of Supes attacking Zod in Smallville and they go through a 7-11 gas station like Destroyer destroyed a 7-11 gas station in Thor? Makes me wonder if those stores were going out of business and needed to be leveled? lol

21. xeno000

It's not early at all. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug comes out in mid-December and WB just released a teaser for it. The teaser for TDW came out two months ago and it seems reasonable for the first full trailer to hit in late July or August. Given that the summer blockbusters are the best films to attach it to for maximum impact, I think Marvel might be aiming to release it then. SDCC is also coming up in July and a new trailer would really make a splash there.

Of course there might not be another trailer for a while, but Fall will be upon us sooner than it seems and opportunities for marketing need to be exploited.

22. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I'd like to hear more about this supposed new trailer coming.

I think there is going to be a lot more going on in this movie than what the trailers show.

I feel very confident Surtur has a role in the movie, hell, I am willing to bet we even get his name mentioned

23. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

There's only been one trailer and it was just a teaser.

24. xeno000

I posted this over in the News & Spec thread, but it belongs here too.

A member of the BO forums says that a new Thor trailer will be attached to The Lone Ranger, which comes out July 5th. It will probably be released online earlier that week, so maybe on Tuesday the 2nd. So yay, we have that to look forward to! :word:

25. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

i know lol

was this person legit? If so, that's great news!