Thor vs donald blake?????

Most people in the 616 didn't believe he was a God either.

But reading some forums and stuff I noticed that people doubting Thor's godly nature (and maybe his sanity, until he displays his powers) is an ultimate concept that the majority of fans accepted.

That occured in the mainstream universe as well, back in the day.

Well, people doubted his godly nature in the 616 universe too, but it wasn't taken to the extremes that the Ultimate universe took it to. You know, Thor was never actually locked up in a mental institution or anything in the 616-verse.

Most people in the 616 didn't believe he was a God either.

That occured in the mainstream universe as well, back in the day.

Oh, I didn't know about that. :o I've quitted comics in the beginning of the 90s (apart from some Vertigo titles) and just got back to reading Marvel and Thor like 2 years ago, with the JMS run, so I must have missed a lot. I stand corrected!:woot:

I don't think people didn't really start to believe him until he moved Asgard over Manhattan and started interfering in mortal affairs.

Yeah, it wasn't the subject of an arc or anything, it was just in the background a few times over the decades. People would occasionally comment that they don't really think Thor is the real Thor and the Handbooks stated that the majority of the Marvel universe's population doesn't believe Thor is a god.

But only in the Ultimate-verse he was locked up in a mental institution, is that right?

That must be the source of all my confusion. Damn, maybe I should be locked up in a mental institution.

Last edited:
In the Ultimate Universe he was a male nurse who who suffered from severe depression and got locked up in a crazy house. Then one day he started saying he was Thor and suddenly had the power to back that claim up.

Then Loki showed up and started screwing with reality, making it seem like his brother really was just some crazy nurse who stole his super scientist brother's special belt and hammer.

In the Ultimate Universe he was a male nurse who who suffered from severe depression and got locked up in a crazy house. Then one day he started saying he was Thor and suddenly had the power to back that claim up.

Then Loki showed up and started screwing with reality, making it seem like his brother really was just some crazy nurse who stole his super scientist brother's special belt and hammer.

Yeah, I remember that, and that's where I see a parallel that could be explored in the movie. See, in the 1st draft,
a powerless Thor becomes a slave in viking times Earth
Since we know that, after the changes in the script, he will probably learn his humility lesson in modern times,
I think being locked up without his powers and believed crazy is a tough lesson of humility, as tough as becoming a slave - but of course, they can't make Thor a slave in modern times

Last edited:
I guess that could be cool. The thing I like about Blake is the Blake/Thor dynamic and how their personalities complement and contrast each other's, but that would be a bit too involved to get into in a movie that should ideally be about Thor kicking ass. Crazy guy in a mental institution as a metaphor for powerlessness works pretty well in a more simplistic fashion.

Yeah, I think it would work for a movie. But God only knows if they'll take that route.

Now that I think of it, I see that The Ultimate-verse idea I was referring to was Thor learning his humility lesson by being locked up as a crazy person, and not people doubting his godly nature. It's all clear to me now. :oldrazz:

NO DONALD BLAKE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you that is all.

I agree totally! No Donald Blake ever! He is not needed whatsoever. Thor is the god of thunder and not a Captain Marvel knockoff with an alter ego.

Same guy as in WHO? Blake isn't Thor and Thor isn't Blake tho they do share the same space. They AREN'T the same guy.

The guys that said no Don Blake ever is the same guy.

It's kind of different. Blake is not a secret identity ala Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker or Clark Kent. He's note even an alter ego, ala Bruce Banner. He's a totally different person, whose main purpose, IMO, is to serve as a weakness to an all-powerful god and being a down-to-earth, more relatable character for the audience. You don't learn more about Thor by watching Blake's life.

I think they can make Thor a more relatable and vulnerable character without needing to go all the Billy Batson route. So, I don't think Don Blake is necessary in this movie.

I'd really like for Donald Blake to be in the film... even if he's just used at the beginning until Thor regains his memory of who he actually is.

As to the question of whether it should be two different actors or just the one... I'm leaning toward one but I'm flexible on it.

Don't even worry... Kevin Feige himself said Blake's not in the movie.

It's kind of different. Blake is not a secret identity ala Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker or Clark Kent. He's note even an alter ego, ala Bruce Banner. He's a totally different person, whose main purpose, IMO, is to serve as a weakness to an all-powerful god and being a down-to-earth, more relatable character for the audience. You don't learn more about Thor by watching Blake's life.

I think they can make Thor a more relatable and vulnerable character without needing to go all the Billy Batson route. So, I don't think Don Blake is necessary in this movie.
Blake is Thor's humanity given life, basically. So you do learn more about Thor by watching Blake. He's also not a weakness so long as they leave the 60-second rule off the hammer, which I think would be a good idea anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"