Thor vs donald blake?????

I'd say use the same actor. As has been said before, using two different actors would be too Hulk-ish, and Hemsworth isn't big enough to make the transition look that dramatic anyway. If he was some 6' 9" body builder then there'd certainly be a noticeable difference, but Hemsworth is more of the strong looking athlete type. If the only way to make fans happy is to have Blake be a scrawny twig compared to Thor, then I'd say it's probably better to not even bother having him in the movie. However, if Thor has no plain clothes disguise whatsoever, it might be difficult to avoid silly antics every time there's not an action scene going on. He could use the Donald Blake name as his alias when he's in regular clothes and not doing his superhero schtick, just as a little nod.

Last edited:
Well then there you go. We don't need Donald Blake. :p

Despite not actually reading many Thor comics I think some sort of middle ground can be reached. What if Thor was just one guy and was trapped in the body of frail middle aged man. No alternate personality. Just a prison... made of flesh...

Like the last scene of the movie could be Thor being banished to earth and he wakes up in the body of a patient who was clinically dead (coma). The patient being... Dr. Donald Blake. Let's say the original Blake was an ******* and this everyone treats Thor as such

But if Blake is not in the movie. What the bad place is Jane Foster doing there?

probably not the thread for it but the ultimate thor was confusing, they made out his (thor) power was in his costume and indeed when they gave his costume to someone else the new prson displayed lightning powers, but this makes no sense if thor is really a god and his power resides within himself.

Despite not actually reading many Thor comics I think some sort of middle ground can be reached. What if Thor was just one guy and was trapped in the body of frail middle aged man. No alternate personality. Just a prison... made of flesh...

Like the last scene of the movie could be Thor being banished to earth and he wakes up in the body of a patient who was clinically dead (coma). The patient being... Dr. Donald Blake. Let's say the original Blake was an ******* and this everyone treats Thor as such

But if Blake is not in the movie. What the bad place is Jane Foster doing there?
I could see them simply having Thor himself fall in love with Jane and she consequently teaches him about the better points of humanity. No Blake needed.

So what happened to that whole "The Movie Takes Place in Asgard/Ancient Times" thing? If Foster is there...

i like the idea of thor wearing normal clothes(when not in action) and using Blake as alias

It's hard enough to buy the concept of Supes disguising himself behind a pair of glasses and nobody noticing it... let alone a huge long haired blond guy with nordic features, speaking in Shakespearean English, who happens to disappear every time Thor is around...:oldrazz:

Thing is, in my opinion, Thor doesn't need any secret identity.

Nah! I still want to see Arnold S. transform into House M.D. and vice versa :hehe:

Hmm...

TONIGHT ON HOUSE

Alison Cameron: Blake! This patient appears to be showing signs of liver failure. His skin tone has become pale. There is immense hammeroge in the left chest cavity. Your diagnosis?

Blake: Verily. Tis appears to be the vile trickery of my evil half-brother Loki! I shall get some herbs! This mortal has naught long to live

Alison: :confused: Excuse me?

Blake: I ... er... <to patient with heavy snark> Well, that's what happens when you too much unprotected sex. I think <medical terminology >

<Patient gets all better>

Eric Foreman: Blake is a medical GOD...

Jane Foster: :lmao: Ya... a god... right :lmao:

Last edited:
Since they have always clearly been two different people in the comics, I vote for two different actors in the movie - and that's IF Blake is even in the movie, which I do not feel is necessary [there were LONG stretches of the comic when he was Thor ALL the time]. Of course, with the casting news of Jane Foster, one would assume Blake is not far behind.

I agree with the above observation that Thor has always been a Captain Marvel clone, not a Super Man one, so keep it that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"