Thor's costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys worried about the suit? From what we ve seen so far it looks like Thor will be running around in New Mexico with a T shirt and a pair of jeans for most of the movie. So you might want to discuss whether he's wearing Diesel or Levi's.

My 4-year-old son is as excited about this movie as I am - here is his home-made Thor costume for Halloween and to wear to the movie...
finishedcostume.jpg

GavinGodofThunder.jpg
Victory.jpg

MightyThor.jpg
ForAsgard.jpg

Kind of a hybrid of old and new.

Looks cool! Is that helmet home made?

Everything there is homemade. The helmet started as a felt beanie with a spinner on top. I cut off the spinner and covered the felt with a sealant that I sanded smooth once dry. The winging are layered pieces of craft foam glued together. The whole thing was spay painted silver and presto, Thor helm.

I have never been so jealous of a small child's halloween costume in my life. Apparently my parents didn't love me enough to let me be Thor

Great job. Always good to see someone nurturing interest in comicbook and its characters to the next generation. Good for you.

Thats ****ing awesome dude :awesome:

Last edited:
Pretty COOL Son of Thunder!
I've been thinking of what to use as wings for a helmet. Foam board WOULD work NICELY! I actually have huge sheets of the stuff sitting around lol

I hope not. I could see him wearing an alternate leather or fabric costume but not another armored suit. I'm not feeling the tassles.

Everything there is homemade. The helmet started as a felt beanie with a spinner on top. I cut off the spinner and covered the felt with a sealant that I sanded smooth once dry. The winging are layered pieces of craft foam glued together. The whole thing was spay painted silver and presto, Thor helm.
Where's your Odin costume?

Ha! If I thought people would know who I was, I might rock an Odin costume. I'm actually starting work on an adult Thor costume for myself. Trying to find pics of the Ultimate Alliance 2 suit, as I like the real-world look of it. I'm African American though so me in a Thor costume is more like "What if Thor and Storm had a son?" - hence "Son Of Thunder".

Ha! If I thought people would know who I was, I might rock an Odin costume. I'm actually starting work on an adult Thor costume for myself. Trying to find pics of the Ultimate Alliance 2 suit, as I like the real-world look of it. I'm African American though so me in a Thor costume is more like "What if Thor and Storm had a son?" - hence "Son Of Thunder".

Let us see it when you're done.

I can get those if you need them Son of Thunder. I can screen capture the 3d model from the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"