• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Those REALLY annoying "drop down" banners

Nivek

Avenger
Reaction score
Especially this "8 films to die for" annoying a$$ Banner, really frustrates the Hell out me. Just so the owners of this site know my feelings about this, and I'm more than sure some of you agree, that these Banners actually prevent me browsing this site. When they pop up, I mute them, but next page I go to, I hear that booming "Each year...!!!" and I will rather close the window to this site than go through the hassle of closing it off. It really frustrates me to no end, and yes these banners are not just on this particuler site, but still... When I watch TV, if commercials interupted my viewing, I wouldn't watch the that show anymore. I love SHH and this isn't the only site that has this issue, but damn, you really need to get your advertisers to tone down on this semi-constant interruption. I know you need banners here, but when they irritate viewers on the site enough to make them go elsewhere, what purpose are they serving?

I don't mind the Circuit City ones as much as I do the horror movie one. At least the Circuit City ones have a "close" box.
Yeah, they're pretty annoying, but money is money. :o

I love these threads because everytime they come up someone always says...

Get Firefox.

And you know something...It works!

Kable24 said:
I love these threads because everytime they come up someone always says...

Get Firefox.

And you know something...It works!

I have Firefox and the dropdown banners still appear. :huh:

Oh yes indeedy. They annoy me too and I accidentilly click on them all the time because they just appear out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"