Thoughts? What should i do?

IF YOU ARGUE FOR YOUR LIMITATIONS, YOU GET TO KEEP THEM!
I'm stealing this!

---Take it and run with it, and if you would like still more, I suggest picking up a copy of "The Notebooks Of Lazarus Long" by Robert Heinlein (dirt cheap at around $6.) :cwink:

i hate to say it, but you're pretty much describing adulthood. not everyone gets to do their wildest dreams. There's a song by Little Brother that has a lyric that i've not forgotten that says "ive got dreams, but dreams won't keep the lights on".

it's not all going to be easy. it's going to be hard, and while we are all sincerely encouraging you to work towards your goals and what makes you happy, i hope you do realize that it's not going to be easy and you're going to have to work hard for what you want. don't expect any freebies. i'm not saying you will, but don't expect any handouts, and the ones that you happen to get, show your appreciation and don't take them for granted.

you said you have a hard time staying motivated, but if these are things you really truly want, you need to find the motivation and force yourself to stay focused. you might fail 9 times, but maybe that 10th time, you won't. you might get it on the first try. who knows? but if you're not willing to put in the effort and make some sacrifices, you'll never near what you really want.

i hope you take this as "tough love". i really hope you find something that makes you happy and helps you get out of the funk you feel like you're stuck in, but i also hope your prepared to do some work to get there too :up:

I know life is not easy if it was I would have found a new job a long long time ago. I have a hard time staying motivated because I am not a patience person in the first place and I fell like I reached my breaking point a long time ago. Its taking all my strength to not like do the kind of things that would get you fired at work and I so just want to go to work and be like screw you I am living but I know I cant because I don't have another job lined up. I fell emotional fired and emotionally drained and emotional broken.

The thing is I am not a confident person in the first place and over think ever thing any way and now it has gotten to the point were I am just expecting the worst and like expecting to be let down. I have had a few times were I thought things were maybe going to change to only end up being let down and disappointed. Being that I over think ever thing and am not a confident person in the first place the lack of success is just killing the little small bit of confidence I do have. I fell like I am just failing at being a grown up right now.

You know, the more I read this thread, the more you remind me of my brother.

He's 30, almost 31. He still lives in the bedroom we shared as kids. He JUST got his first girlfriend. He works part-time at Dollar General. He's going absolutely nowhere. But, this is how he wants it. He's gotten better jobs but, he squanders them for some reason. He's given the exact same reasoning you're giving. "Why try if I'll only fail?"

Bottom line, get off your ass! Take the time to better yourself. Invest in YOU! So what if your dyslexic, so is Steven Spielberg. He still manages to write coherently. If you have a disability, you don't let it define you. You find ways to work around and overcome it.

I'm stealing this!

Didn't know that steven spilberg was dyslexic and I didn't say that like stops me from trying things but it makes things much harder. When I read something I remember so little its almost like I didn't even read for example so to like learn like most people I have to read things like over and over again for example. If I let that like stop me I wouldn't have started college a few years ago in the first place has I am not good at school. I am trying to push my self. I was trying to see how high I could get in math for example to see it I could maybe get like a mathematics degree or something because I would say math is my best subject has I can do math in my head really well like better then most people but at just college algebra I meet my match and ended up dropping the class. The semester before this I did intermediate algebra and only got a 68% and only passed because my teacher graded on a curve of like 63% still being a C and it was not because I didn't try. I spent like 70 hours in the tuition center last semester and still only got a 68% and before I dropped math this semester I was even more like lost. When I took elementary algebra I got a solid 83% but after that got so lost just way to many formulas to remember. Algebra is like not even math it fells like think I would do geometry better.

Last edited:
I know life is not easy if it was I would have found a new job a long long time ago. I have a hard time staying motivated because I am not a patience person in the first place and I fell like I reached my breaking point a long time ago. Its taking all my strength to not like do the kind of things that would get you fired at work and I so just want to go to work and be like screw you I am living but I know I cant because I don't have another job lined up. I fell emotional fired and emotionally drained and emotional broken.

The thing is I am not a confident person in the first place and over think ever thing any way and now it has gotten to the point were I am just expecting the worst and like expecting to be let down. I have had a few times were I thought things were maybe going to change to only end up being let down and disappointed. Being that I over think ever thing and am not a confident person in the first place the lack of success is just killing the little small bit of confidence I do have. I fell like I am just failing at being a grown up right now.

Didn't know that steven spilberg was dyslexic and I didn't say that like stops me from trying things but it makes things much harder. When I read something I remember so little its almost like I didn't even read for example so to like learn like most people I have to read things like over and over again for example. If I let that like stop me I wouldn't have started college a few years ago in the first place has I am not good at school. I am trying to push my self. I was trying to see how high I could get in math for example to see it I could maybe get like a mathematics degree or something because I would say math is my best subject has I can do math in my head really well like better then most people but at just college algebra I meet my match and ended up dropping the class. The semester before this I did intermediate algebra and only got a 68% and only passed because my teacher graded on a curve of like 63% still being a C and it was not because I didn't try. I spent like 70 hours in the tuition center last semester and still only got a 68% and before I dropped math this semester I was even more like lost. When I took elementary algebra I got a solid 83% but after that got so lost just way to many formulas to remember. Algebra is like not even math it fells like think I would do geometry better.

You are defending your limitations.

You are defending your limitations.

You may say that but I know my limitations and I am still trying to push my self and ever one else has limitations and I just applied for a bank teller the other day for the like 6th time or so and I just got a email that they are going to go forward with some one else more qualified even though I know it is a job I could do.

You may say that but I know my limitations and I am still trying to push my self and ever one else has limitations and I just applied for a bank teller the other day for the like 6th time or so and I just got a email that they are going to go forward with some one else more qualified even though I know it is a job I could do.

Below is what you wrote with grammatical corrections. I did this because being a bank teller is a job where you MUST pay attention to details. Your post shows you are not paying attention to details.

Corrected said:
You may say that but, I know my limitations. Everyone has limitations and I am still trying to push myself. I just applied for a bank teller position the other day for, I believe, the sixth time or so. Sadly, I just received an email that they are going to go forward with someone else more qualified, even though I know it is a job I could do.

Below is what you wrote with grammatical corrections. I did this because being a bank teller is a job where you MUST pay attention to details. Your post shows you are not paying attention to details.

Man nick pick much its fine the way I did it and the way you did it.

Man nick pick much its fine the way I did it and the way you did it.

You're either missing or ignoring my point. I'm trying to show you that you do not have the right attitude to improve your status. I've told you how important it is to make a good impression but, you're content to stick with your current methods.

I'm convinced you don't really want to change anything. You say you do but, you don't want to take the steps people have suggested. What you want, is for things to change for you. Some people luck into better situations but, here's the thing. Luck only takes you so far. Even if you luck into something better, if you don't bust your ass to ultimately earn that spot, it will fade away. Just look at how many music artists vanish into obscurity.

You said the bank turned you down, ask them why. Ask them what you would need to do to become the person they're looking for! Once you have your answer, tell them thanks and then work on those aspects.

So I have started thinking a little bit should I try making youtube video's talking about sports more so basketball and hope that some one see's me and like higher me to do broadcasting or something as I love sports? Is this a stupid idea that will not even like do any thing?

So I have posted a few threads in the past ranting has I fell stuck in life not being able to find a new job and hating the job I have right now and not knowing what to do. I have put so much effort into finding a new job for like 5+ years with nothing and have a big problem with depression has a result to the point where I wish I was dead because I fell like nothing is going to change and the thought of having to work like another 30+ years if things don't change makes me sick. Trying to stay motivated is so darn hard now and felling trapped and like there is nothing you can do is so scary hate felling like I have no control of life but that is how I fell. I am going to school but I have never been the best with school and I am still like 27 unites after this semester from getting a degree and that fells so far away. I don't even know 100% what I am going for and I worry that it will end up not helping and will end up being just a waste of time and money but at the same time because of how much I have tried to find another job with out any luck I fell like I have no choice but to go to school. I fell so lost and confused.

So, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that you are not the only person going through it. I feel the same way, consistently for the past twenty years of my life. Maybe more. Every job I've had, I've bit of progress I've made, every lesson I've learned it's always been undermined and attacked by the idea that it might all be stupid, that I still don't have any control. Perhaps if you saw my life you'd laugh at this idea, that I have no control and that everything I do is stupid, but be careful, because people are laughing at the idea that you have no control or that everything you do is stupid in this very thread.

So if that's the good news, what's the bad news!?

The bad news is that you already know where you are (trying to stay motivated), and where you're going (broadcast or something as you love sports). This means that you are neither lost nor confused, by your own admission. You are simply figuring out how to get where you're going, like every single one of us. Which means that the only thing is how you're going to get there. You have an idea, you try it out, either it works, and you do more, or it doesn't and you try something else. It is the WORST process in the world, imho, but it is the only way to grow... and you want to grow, hence you posting this thread, so... it's just a matter of time you do the thing that people like me hate doing and just work bit by bit on improving. This process doesn't take 30 years, it takes your whole entire life until you give up entirely, which is not as easy as it sounds.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"