Sequels Thread for VILLANS in Spider-Man 4 and 5 (Don't make any more!)

I never wanted Morbius-unless he was gonna be in a Blade movie. I thought it would be intersting to see maybe Blade struggling with whether to kill this man or try to help him, since he wasn't a real vampire & didn't want to be.

:up:
I wouldn't want Morbius in a Spidey unless Blade can be involved in some way. Marvel vampires without Blade = Stupid. bad place, IMO vampires without Blade are all stupid, especially the "fake" vampires who fall in love & that teenage girls are obsessed with.

Lizard & Kraven are the best choices IMO. They have plots that tie-in, which is why all of the Nolan Batman villains have worked out so well.

Blade & Spidey cannot be integrated in the movieverse. Foremost among the reasons for this is, Blade can't tone down to PG-13 & Spidey can't be "R".
And I cannot overemphasize how much I don't want Nolan's Batflicks to serve as any sort of template for Spider-Man.

Spiderman could easily be an R rated film, had the original story been told with Gwen and the Goblin, or even Harry's story been comic accurate they would've bordered on R.

Spiderman could easily be an R rated film, had the original story been told with Gwen and the Goblin, or even Harry's story been comic accurate they would've bordered on R.

There are a lot of PG-13 films that deal with that subject matter. They just don't go overboard and throw it in your face constantly.

While I don't like Kraven, and I am not particularly excited for Lizard, I do agree that they tie together well.

Since they're filming 4 and 5 at the same time, I can be patient and wait for 5 for villains that I would want. Such as Electro, Mysterio, Scorpion, Shocker, Vulture, even Hobgoblin (although already having two Goblins before, I don't want him to have a lot of screen time).

If Kraven appears, I want him dead, absolutely dead, no chance of survival, at the end. I don't like him.

Oh yeah Sandman can maybe help Spider-Man out, considering he's a good guy and alive.

I predict Josh Brolin as Kraven! ;)

josh-brolin.jpg

Holy crap!The resemblance is uncanny!And he is a great actor.Never thought of it before but he'd be a great choice.

SM4:

-Have Adrian Toomes take over Oscorp.

-Show Kraven at Oscorp where Adrian Toomes is giving Kraven an injection of a super soldier serum and high tech weapons.

-Have Kraven get killed in the three way battle with spidey and the Lizard.

-Show Adrian Toomes very upset when he finds out that Kraven has been killed.

-Show a flashback of Kraven and a disfigured Dmitri Smerdyakov where some bullies are picking on Dmitri Smerdyakov.Have Kraven show up and tells the bullies to leave his brother alone where we see Kraven beat them to a pulp.

End the flashback where we see Adrian Toomes crying and then he rips off his mask where we see that there was no Adrian Toomes,that it was Dmitri Smerdyakov in disguise as the Chameleon.

SM5:

-Have the Chameleon still use the Adrian Toomes disguise at times.

-Have the Chameleon focus on killing spider-man by using all of his top secret projects at Oscorp to do it.

-Have the Chamelon enhance Doc Ock's tentacles by making Mac Gargan into the Scorpion.

-When the Scorpion fails Adrian Toomes uses a high tech flight suit to become the Vulture to kill spidey himself...

Spiderman could easily be an R rated film.

Neverevernonever! It will not happen. Nor should it. He once had a float in the Macy's Parade. He has a widely remembered theme song. He's gotten through many a fight without throwing a single punch. He is one of the most kid-friendly characters ever created and noone in their right mind would ever make an R-rated film with him.

I'm making one, just to spite you. Heaven forbid a forum have individuals posting their own ideas.

The story could be told in any fashion that would merit anything from G to R. I guess bold, underlined, and italic text is be all end all of discussion.

I'm making one, just to spite you. Heaven forbid a forum have individuals posting their own ideas.

The story could be told in any fashion that would merit anything from G to R. I guess bold, underlined, and italic text is be all end all of discussion.
Yes, but we're talking about a character(s) based around somebody's own imagination, that has expanded out to other peoples imagination. Never in all of my life have I ever heard a 'Spider-Man' comic-book to be considered "R-Rated Material". The fact that you wish to convert this character to that fashion with a snap of your fingers is ridiculous.

Spider-man is NOT R-rated material....it kind of makes me uncomfortable when people want to see an R-rated Spider-man....I hope those people never actually work on an official Spidey film. I can take an R-Rated Batman film but Spider-man...? No, that just not the charecter

Anyway, I don't think when people are making a film they should go in thinking "This is going to be R-rated, or PG-rated"...they should just make the film and worry about ratings later

Wow, Spider-Man was never meant to be R rated. For God's sake, hes your FRIENDLY Neighborhood Spider-Man?

I guess the TDK thing still gets to people's heads.

Quite true. Maybe Watchmen, too. And the point I was trying to make is, you don't bastardize the source material in the name of being "edgy". Spidey does not fit in a world of graphic violence, vulgar language & the other staples of the Blade films. Plus, Spidey doesn't believe in vampires & he doesn't believe in killing. Even the comics & cartoons in which they've met have been ridiculous marketing ploys.

Spider-man is NOT R-rated material....it kind of makes me uncomfortable when people want to see an R-rated Spider-man....I hope those people never actually work on an official Spidey film. I can take an R-Rated Batman film but Spider-man...? No, that just not the charecter

Anyway, I don't think when people are making a film they should go in thinking "This is going to be R-rated, or PG-rated"...they should just make the film and worry about ratings later
I agree with all your points. And, I do think it's quite untolerable whenever somebody wishes to punch their own stamp into great material. I don't read many comics, but I know there's a crystal clear reason as to why those comics are being made into feature films. The fact that somebody wishes to come along and completely change the entire nature of those comics(mood and character) is ridiculous.

I can see it working for characters that don't really fit their perfect nature in the comics(personally how I feel about the Venom character), but characters that work quite perfectly the way they stand, I don't think that calls for a change.
Wow, Spider-Man was never meant to be R rated. For God's sake, hes your FRIENDLY Neighborhood Spider-Man?

I guess the TDK thing still gets to people's heads.
Everytime I hear people utter the words: 'The Dark Knight(TDK)', the more the distasteful I feel towards the film. It's a great movie. But people around here praise it like it's the ----in' Bible:o
Quite true. Maybe Watchmen, too. And the point I was trying to make is, you don't bastardize the source material in the name of being "edgy". Spidey does not fit in a world of graphic violence, vulgar language & the other staples of the Blade films. Plus, Spidey doesn't believe in vampires & he doesn't believe in killing. Even the comics & cartoons in which they've met have been ridiculous marketing ploys.
This passage is "Quoted For The Truthiest Truth".

I agree with all your points. And, I do think it's quite untolerable whenever somebody wishes to punch their own stamp into great material. I don't read many comics, but I know there's a crystal clear reason as to why those comics are being made into feature films. The fact that somebody wishes to come along and completely change the entire nature of those comics(mood and character) is ridiculous.

I can see it working for characters that don't really fit their perfect nature in the comics(personally how I feel about the Venom character), but characters that work quite perfectly the way they stand, I don't think that calls for a change.
Keep in mind, that's how this happened.
batman_5.jpg

Everytime I hear people utter the words: 'The Dark Knight(TDK)', the more the distasteful I feel towards the film. It's a great movie. But people around here praise it like it's the ----in' Bible:o
And they dis other CB movies more viciously to make it look even better, they act like every CB movie from now 'til the end of time should be approached the exact same way, they overlook its flaws & relentlessly bash anyone who disagrees.

Keep in mind, that's how this happened.
batman_5.jpg

And they dis other CB movies more viciously to make it look even better, they act like every CB movie from now 'til the end of time should be approached the exact same way, they overlook its flaws & relentlessly bash anyone who disagrees.
Oh, the memories:o

Personally, in the theatres, I thought that it was truly fantastic. Like nothing can surpass it. 'The Dark Knight' was the best comic-book movie I've ever seen on the big-screen. But, on my television screen... it just doesn't have the same impact. In fact, I find myself turning it off at the time of Joker's capture. The film's an 8.5/10 quality movie for me, still good, but I'm the kind of guy who enjoys movies that he can watch over-and-over again without being the slightest bit bored. That's why films like 'Iron Man' and 'Spider-Man 2' will always surpass it.

Oh, the memories:o

Personally, in the theatres, I thought that it was truly fantastic. Like nothing can surpass it. 'The Dark Knight' was the best comic-book movie I've ever seen on the big-screen. But, on my television screen... it just doesn't have the same impact. In fact, I find myself turning it off at the time of Joker's capture. The film's an 8.5/10 quality movie for me, still good, but I'm the kind of guy who enjoys movies that he can watch over-and-over again without being the slightest bit bored. That's why films like 'Iron Man' and 'Spider-Man 2' will always surpass it.

:applaud
iron_man_cover_image1.jpg
spiderman-2.jpg

If the Rhino is indeed a villain in the new movies, which would you prefer?

Here is a video of the Rhino in the Web of Shadows game;

687563wosrhinosuper.jpg

Here is a video of the Rhino in the Spectacular Spider-man series (mute it if you dislike the Foo Fighters);

401084138444rhinosuper.jpg

ssmnewvillains.jpg

Here is the Rhino in the Ultimate universe, couldn't find any simple videos;

78160132971rhinosuper.gif

17269681889rhinosuper.jpg

Finally, the regular Rhino in the 616 universe, couldn't find any simple videos of him;

486552rh1super.jpg

121194139402rhinosuper.png

Personally I find the armor type of look on the Spectacular version, the shape of it, perfect, but for horns I would swap in for the Ultimate's version: sharp and with a look of bone to them, covering the nose.

What say you Hypesters?

I don't think he could carry over well, unless his scene was as brief as in the game.

I don't think he could carry over well, unless his scene was as brief as in the game.

I think the idea of being able to break one's bone but not crushing one's spirit, that has been done many times, is effective none the less. While I agree it would be more exciting to have two villains, I fully believe that an unstoppable force could be exciting for a hero with limited strength.

If Rhino is one of the villains, I really...really would like Shocker to be the second villain. I think they could go so well together. They could add even Tombstone, too, making him the Big Man.

Last edited:
If Rhino is one of the villains, I really...really would like Shocker to be the second villain. I think they could go so well together. They could add even Tombstone, too, making him the Big Man.
I'd love to see Tombstone on-screen, as well. A lot of my villain influences come from the new animated series and his role in that was/is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"