Sequels Do Not Bring Carnage for 4!

No Carnage or Venom, we've had enough symbiote for one movie. Let's move on to the classic Stan Lee villains, please.

:up:

Yes, it's time to give the Symbiote saga a rest for right now. Personally, my interest in seeing The Lizard, Electro, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, and The Scorpion appear in future Spidey sequels is quite a bit more than my interest in seeing a character like Carnage showing up.

But using more Classic characters is unfair. We've already seen 4 Classic Spidey villains (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman and Green Goblin 2.) to just one relatively modern (Venom) Spidey villain. Let's be fair and give some more new guys a chance here?!

In my opinion, the classic villains made for better movies. I enjoyed 1 and 2 more than 3 (I still loved 3, don't get me wrong). I thought the stories were more compelling and the plots overall were more enjoyable with the Green Goblin and Doc Ock. Plus, when it comes to classic villains, a classic Spider-Man fan like Raimi does unbelievable things.

But using more Classic characters is unfair. We've already seen 4 Classic Spidey villains (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman and Green Goblin 2.) to just one relatively modern (Venom) Spidey villain. Let's be fair and give some more new guys a chance here?!
There's a reason for it....the classic villains are developed and have decades upon decades of history to draw upon....plus the creative well is running dry anymore....

I agree with not having Carnage for 4, but I do think seeing a movie Carnage would be cool. I just wouldn't like him in a Spider-Man movie, personally.

If anything, Carnage and Venom should get their own movie, void of Spider-Man except in introduction or random cameo. People who want Carnage seem to want Venom back so why not? Venom is done in terms of Spider-Man work, while I'm sure our hollywood buddies could easily pull something out which brings Venom from being blasted to nothing. People want Carnage, people want Venom. What does that seem to point to? A Venom movie.

Look, any writer worth their sand can figure out a way to effectively write Spider-man, Venom, Carnage and Lizard into a movie. Why, I've been doing this alot in my head at night while at work and I'm just a lousy fanfiction writer. What you need to find is a writer who is adept at ensemble pieces and sufficiently rotating the characters so that everyone gets equal airtime. In my head I've created a scenario where Peter finds out Brock is still very much alive, perhaps have Eddie as Venom terrorize Peter a bit. Then mysterious, brutal murders start taking place and the blame immediately falls on Venom. Add into this the origin of Lizard since we do not need to set up Venom's origin since this was done in SM3. I was thinking Dr. Connors could show Peter how he's been able to create a serum that regenerates lost limbs utilizing lizard DNA. Perhaps throw in scene of the transmogrification later on of Connors changing into Lizard with Peter coming to his lab afterwards for some scientific consultation, he spots Connors in a corner writhing in agony but when he checks to see if Connors is okay, he jerks around to reveal he has become the Lizard, fights ensues, Connors bests Spidey and hides in the sewers, yadda yadda yadda. Then we get the reveal that Carnage is the real killer, absolving Eddie of guilt. Spidey and Venom team up in the final showdown to take out Carnage and rescue Dr. Connors with an antidote to reverse the serum. The End. Why is this so monumentally difficult to do in your eyes?! I'm an amateur and I easily figured things out in 5 seconds.

P.S. Why yes, I am available to help write a script for Spidey 4 too. Just come on down to the Laundrymat I work at at the beginning of each week when I'm scheduled to work. :D

Seriously don't become a movie writer!! There's way more going on in your plot than ther was in SM3 and that was way too overcrowded, you never even mentioned Carnage's origin story in your plot?!?! Anybody can throw together a story that manages to include as many villains as you can think of but it doesnt mean it would actually be good (no offence). That kind of story has no focus and no emotional involvement with the characters, the best thing about SM1 and 2 and the biggest thing lacking from SM3!!

I agree with not having Carnage for 4, but I do think seeing a movie Carnage would be cool. I just wouldn't like him in a Spider-Man movie, personally.

If anything, Carnage and Venom should get their own movie, void of Spider-Man except in introduction or random cameo. People who want Carnage seem to want Venom back so why not? Venom is done in terms of Spider-Man work, while I'm sure our hollywood buddies could easily pull something out which brings Venom from being blasted to nothing. People want Carnage, people want Venom. What does that seem to point to? A Venom movie.

I think Goyers idea of a Venom/Carnage movie could have worked as a spin-off
if they didnt make it seem like Venom and Brock died at the end of SM3

The only other villains i really want to see is The Lizard and Kraven which could practically be incorporated in the same movie.

It seems moot though since I do not see why Fox would continue without the principal cast and crew. I know that they are saying they will but i think its a threat to the principal cast and crew, making them think they have no leeway when it comes to contracts.

I just don't want Carnage in the film because I'm almost certain that it would in no way reflect his the comic version of him. With the other characters in the films they captured the feel of their comic counterparts, abut something tells me they'll royally screw up Carnage.

Agreed, because Raimi understands the classic villains. He used to read the comics as a kid back in the day. I can understand why he doesn't really get Venom or Carnage, it's the lack of humanity thing. Humanity is something Raimi holds important in his films. It's the reason Spidey's mask always gets ripped off in battle, we can see his emotions through his eyes. It's the reason Venom kept removing his symbiote mask to speak, and I think it makes the Spider-Man films great.

I just don't want Carnage in the film because I'm almost certain that it would in no way reflect his the comic version of him. With the other characters in the films they captured the feel of their comic counterparts, abut something tells me they'll royally screw up Carnage.

Any changes to Carnage's character would have to be improvements - he's perhaps the flattest, least interesting character in Spidey's world. Though it wouldn't be my preference, I'm sure a talented writer could make him work for a movie.

Maximum carnage was among the worst Marvel saga's I can think of - so lame.

Whats there to screw up about Carnage? Hes a one dimensional serial killer with a symbiote.

Well for one reason, the casting.Look what happened to Venom.We got him in a film alright but was played by the wrong actor :csad:

Well for one reason, the casting.Look what happened to Venom.We got him in a film alright but was played by the wrong actor :csad:
The wrong actor?

The wrong ACTOR?!

THE WRONG ACTOR?!?!?!?!?!?!?

(Eddie...calm yourself...forgive him, he knows not what he does...)

Any changes to Carnage's character would have to be improvements - he's perhaps the flattest, least interesting character in Spidey's world. Though it wouldn't be my preference, I'm sure a talented writer could make him work for a movie.

Maximum carnage was among the worst Marvel saga's I can think of - so lame.

Agreed. It's pretty damn boring.

I think the inherent problem with Carnage would be repetitiveness. This isn't like the comics where there is a new issue each month and you can get away with 6 Goblins, and 10 symbiotes, or whatever. We've already had the Goblin saga with two Goblins. To go on and have two symbiotes would feel like a cheap knock off.

The wrong actor?

The wrong ACTOR?!

THE WRONG ACTOR?!?!?!?!?!?!?

(Eddie...calm yourself...forgive him, he knows not what he does...)

Sorry but I prefered the muscular older looking Eddie then the slimmer younger Eddie lol :csad:

Sorry but I prefered the muscular older looking Eddie then the slimmer younger Eddie lol :csad:

Don't take this harshly, but I think they went with Topher because in the movie, Venom represents Spider-Man's evil side. Like an evil clone, if you will. I liked the idea, actually.

I'm sorry but can you explain that again please? I didin't understand what you said

Considering Topher only had 6 monthes of workout time before the movie, I think we can give him the benefit if the doubt. Those beautiful greenish gray eyes more than make up for the lack of bodymass for me personally. Thomas Hayden Church on the other hand had 16 monthes to get bulked up. Anyways, what with comics Eddie afflicted with cancer and his muscles atrophying, I think we might as well get use to a smaller Eddie for awhile.

I'm sorry but can you explain that again please? I didin't understand what you said

I meant that they chose an actor with (after a few months of training) had a build like Tobey because Venom in this movie is portrayed as Peter's evil side. An evil Spider-Man that resulted from the symbiote absorbing Peter's memories, thoughts and whatnot.

Whats there to screw up about Carnage? Hes a one dimensional serial killer with a symbiote.
Well, considering there no way they can show even half the things Carnage has done in comics on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"