Thread of the Tomb Raider

I think it coming out on Feb 14 is brilliant as not only it valentine's day it's also Lara Croft's birthday if she was a real person she would be 53 this year wow

Really looking forward to this. And I hope it's not a GTA Trilogy Remaster failure. The previews look good though and they are giving us options.

The first game is still all-time nostalgia for me, especially that Lost Valley level. Can't wait to dive back into these.

The only Tomb Raider games I've ever played are the rebooted Survivor games, and a little bit of the classics on an emulator website, so getting to play a remastered version of these games is something I am excited for.

Damn, I can't believe Shadow of the Tomb Raider is turning 6 this year... I liked that game. Its crazy a new Tomb Raider game isn't announced yet and I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

Thought while playing the Remaster: has the T-Rex enemies always been such glass canons in these games? If they get a hold of you, you die almost instantly, but if you keep your distance and keep shooting, their health bar melts like butter. I would expect them to be damage sponges that would take forever to kill.

Hmm, let me check something on NexusMods... Yep! Topless mod already available since yesterday and it's #1 most downloaded!

Damn, I can't believe Shadow of the Tomb Raider is turning 6 this year... I liked that game. Its crazy a new Tomb Raider game isn't announced yet and I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
With Embracer Group in charge, not that surprising.

They are clearly working on it (and on Unreal Engine 5). To be honest, I am not really a huge fan of what I've seen of the "unified" Lara Croft model.

With Embracer Group in charge, not that surprising.
Didn't stop them to remaster the older games.

A new game should have been out by 2021 (3 years after Shadow), if not the trailer by then. I'm not sure which year Tomb Raider was acquired by Embacer, but iirc, a new Tomb Raider game was just in development at that time? A new game is definitely overdue.

They do...for a few years now.
That is what this whole "unified" lara is about.
The Netflix Anime is meant as a bridge between shadow and the new game.
More than likely they will reveal the new game this year.
Thought while playing the Remaster: has the T-Rex enemies always been such glass canons in these games? If they get a hold of you, you die almost instantly, but if you keep your distance and keep shooting, their health bar melts like butter. I would expect them to be damage sponges that would take forever to kill.
Did they fix that?
I remember you even needed 8 or what bullets for Rats.
Every enemy took forever to kill while your health drained fast.
Would be neat if they fixed that.
Hmm, let me check something on NexusMods... Yep! Topless mod already available since yesterday and it's #1 most downloaded!
Of course...no surprise there unfortunately.
But remember "We totally like her for her character, making her woke is not her character".

They are clearly working on it (and on Unreal Engine 5). To be honest, I am not really a huge fan of what I've seen of the "unified" Lara Croft model.
Yeah i dont like the model.
She is not buff enough and they gave her the same old outfit that just looks boring.
I was hoping for mixing things more up.

Yeah i dont like the model.
She is not buff enough and they gave her the same old outfit that just looks boring.
I was hoping for mixing things more up.

To be honest, when I think of Lara Croft, "buff" does not come to mind. She should have muscle, but I don't think the Abby look fits her at all.

I just get the same vibe I got from the Avengers from that Marvel's Avengers game that Crystal Dynamics made. Cosplay/stunt double vibes.

To be honest, when I think of Lara Croft, "buff" does not come to mind. She should have muscle, but I don't think the Abby look fits her at all.

I just get the same vibe I got from the Avengers from that Marvel's Avengers game that Crystal Dynamics made. Cosplay/stunt double vibes.
Eh i would go with a crossfit physique, but i would be fine with a climber physique too.
Everything that has defined muscles.
I still hate how in shadows they Toned her down before Release.

Might have to pick this up on Switch, never played the original games and this looks like a very solid remaster.

I bought it on the PS5 but haven't had a chance to do more than the tutorial and a bit of a lost level so far.

I need to find some time to get through all of these, very much looking forward to it.

does anybody know if the next game is a continuation of the rebooted trilogy or not? I really hope so. I absolutely loved all 3 games in that trilogy and really want to see it continue.

does anybody know if the next game is a continuation of the rebooted trilogy or not? I really hope so. I absolutely loved all 3 games in that trilogy and really want to see it continue.
I don't think its a continuation.

Unless the actress from Grey's Anatomy (Camilla) was brought back for this upcoming new game.

It is a continuation somewhat.
How exactly they will do this "unification" we dont know yet.
Either a game reveal shows us or the Netflix anime who is supposed to be in the same universe and will come out this year.
It is the Reboot universe, but they will add a lot of Classic Lara to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"