Threads Deleted vs. Closed vs. Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurk

Sidekick
Reaction score
Curious...

Why are some threads deleted as opposed to just closed? "Be Careful What You Wish For" was just deleted off Community (no trace of it, if I check my posts, those are gone too), but I thought it was pretty darn tame. Or are threads merged elsewhere when they disappear (I'm guessing not)?

Just curious.

Yah, and whats up with the seemingly random closings. Like recently in the Misc. Comics forum I forgot which mod bumped a 2 year old thread and said something to the extent of "Ewww this thread is 2 yeards old, time to close" What was the point of that?

Yeah, same with some of the SmashSuperman threads. They were golden.

I'm pro-close.

200007_mib1.jpg

Everyone please look into the little red light. Thank you.

Closed Threads are, for the most part to leave a general warning up. If the thread had a lot of unnecessary posts, or a small flame war, a moderator might close it, but leave it public for viewing, especially if they leave a warning right before they close the thread.

Deleted threads are for threads that are just pointless. Simple. Oftentimes, some closed threads will be deleted in an effort to clean the forum some.

Merging threads, [or, in the case of the Lounge "Assimilating"] is from 1.) there already being a thread on the same topic, 2) threads being of a simular topic, but not exactly [Example--CGI Silver Surfer being a thread, and Physicial Makeup Silver Surfer being another], or 3) the thread in question constantly being taken off topic and spammed in, usually in a chat style.

Darthphere said:
Yah, and whats up with the seemingly random closings. Like recently in the Misc. Comics forum I forgot which mod bumped a 2 year old thread and said something to the extent of "Ewww this thread is 2 yeards old, time to close" What was the point of that?

I think that was me, some newbie bumped it and I closed it

Actually nevermind, I just saw the thread, I dont care.

Help!
I don't get the "closed threads"...i am new here.....

I started one this morning, wanting to discuss in the Spider-man board specifically about stan lee's comments on Spider-man and unmasking that he made on the show WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO last nite.

someone included a link to THAT SHOW and the show's THREAD....and clsoed it???

I went over to that thread.....

BUT....THAT thread is about the show and characters.....and FANS of the show in general. they talk about characters on the show and everything in general.

So, why can't spider-man fans, talk SPECIFICALLY about the unmasking comments in the spidey thread! no one is gonna want to take up space over there talking spidey when that thread is about the show and for the fans of the show....imo...i wanna talk spider-man....so are we supposed to go talk spider-man in the who wants to be a superhero thread?????

And why did someone CLOSE it....kinda irks me...maybe because i don't understand, or because someone didn't understand my thread....?? I want to talk implications to spider-man as to stan's comments.

Is there a way a person can re-open their thread????? Someone to contact???

Can't find info on this.....or do i need to try to go to the sci-fi TV show site and try to get a spider-man discussion there? That doesnt' seem to make any sense to me personally.

any help guys on if it is possible to re-open a closed thread?

edit: I might add, i think my issue i am trying to point out is SOURCE of TOPIC vs. TOPIC.

If i find Spider-man info in a Reece's peanut butter cup wrapper, just for example....it makes more sense to me anyway, to talk about spider-man in a "spider-man thread" then in a candy one. I would get more replies and "spider-man talk" with spider-man fans and less in the reece's peanut butter cup fans one.

ya know?

I told you before there's a unmasking thread(besides the one in the Who's wants to be a Superhero) you don't bothered to look? It's a big thread

yes...i DID go thru and look actually.

all the current stuff is about the tv show.

thanks for the link. i went thru pages and pages of all sorts of tv show related topics there. yes i saw it.

My point is.......

*I wanted to talk about Spider-man specifically, about the secret identities and stan's quote related to Spidey.*

My audience is the spider-man people/fans.

Didn't know that was not a good thread.

Even more, if a person who doesn't watch the show, who is a spidey fan, they would have no way to guess out of the blue: I SHOULD GO TO A SCI-FI TV SHOW TO TALK ABOUT A STAN QUOTE THAT DEALS WITH SPIDER-MAN kinda thing.

Lots of people i know watch that show and don't read spider-man, so it makes sense to me personally, to have a spidey discussion about the unmasking in the spider-man forum, then if people want to comment, they can go to that specific thread, and not tie up a tv show thread not having to do with spider-man with spider-man discussion. even more, this is something new and not same ol' same ol' unmasking. It is about fresh quotes and secret identities for heroes...source from that show.

More quality debates/answers/conversations will and can be had in a forum thread related to the topic, since that is where the fans of that thread will be, for sure.

That is my point, and was just trying to ask an honest question, because i didn't understand why my thread was closed and why we couldn't talk about it. No one can reply, only view it now unfortutnately. OR, we can over to the Who wants to be a superhero site and try starting to talk about Spider-Man.

Those are our choices it appears, unfortunately. I just honestly didn't understand, sorry. But yes, thanks for the link, in all seriousness, i DID read thru pages and pages of Who wants to be a suepr-hero, everyones favorite characters, dark horse comics, what the winner gets and every topic that is covered there about the SHOW.

Miss what I said? Besides That tv show theres a thread about Spider-Man unmasking one. It mentions about Stan Lee, forgot the title of that thread so can't recall it but I was in there checking a complaint

hey....look...i am really thankful that you replied at least.
that's cool.

I don't think you are getting my point, but that is ok.

I think forums sometimes get a little too legalistic and are not new user-friendly.

I'll keep looking to find the RIGHT thread for this.

just on for good conversation and didn't understand the "closed thing".
Yes, i have seen the unmasked forums and read your replies to me, went to your link of Stans Show and read pages of "Stuff". i thought this new topic could use it's own thread, but i guess it has been deemed i was wrong. sorry...didn't mean to get you upset by posting a thread wrongly that didn't warrant a new thread.

But i do really appreciate your reply. i don't fully understand your point but I am not trying to argue, was just perplexed why it got closed so fast. was just...trying to understand. :up:

I said someone made a conversation about Stan Lee and the unmasking part in the spider-man board, just don't recall which thread it is at the moment

I don't need a reply to this nescesarily....

but Who wants to be a superhero, the episode in question with the spidey quotes on secret identity, aired (brand new) LAST NITE....

And i cannot find a thread in the spidey section (comics) on Stan Lee's comment from LAST NITE....

And There are only so many threads that are even replied upon to look thru yesterday, which i have, and it shows a "date of last replies", from yesterday. No one could have replied there on or commented, etc, before that date then, since it aired LAST NITE for the first time Thursday August 10th, 2006. Thus, any comments on it have to be dated from 9-10PM Aug. 10th (or after) if i am looking correctly here....

Maybe you saw a thread that was similar but NOT on Stan's comments specifically from LAST NITE in the Spidey section and confused them with mine? I dunno.

MAybe i am just not finding it..........oy........i just dunno....
....i was all excited to discuss this and hear people's views on here about this....but let's just forget it i guess......arghy.......:(

farmernudie once they fix the search engine then I or even you can find that thread, hopefully.

closing this now, board be down soon anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back