What Happened To The Game (Spam) Threads?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Bamfer

Big, Bald and Beautiful
Reaction score
Bamfer happened. :cmad:

Instead of making yet another announcement, I figured I'd just create a thread so all of you can contribute your feelings on the current changes happening to our beloved Community.

For too long now, the Game/Spam threads have been dominating the Community. The staff has agreed that there's really no point to said threads other than to increase one's post count. Now, now, now, I'm not pointing any fingers. High post counts are important to some folks, I know. But they can be achieved in other ways. Like, say, I don't know, actively participating in threads by actually contributing to discussions? Just take my word for it. :o

Many of these threads have even diminished into the same handful of people making one-word posts after each other, or constantly rating the same person's avatar/signature over and over and over again. That's more than enough to justify the demise of such waste.

As you can see, several threads have already been closed. More will probably meet the same fate. Replicas are prohibited. If you disagree with the closing of a certain thread, please do let me know here. Be sure to include a valid reason as to why it's so darn important to you and the Hype!. And maybe, just maybe, I'll reopen it. But, probably not. :csad:

Thanks and have a nice, spam-free day! :heart:

Last edited:
We lost a lot of fun threads out there...

pssst! Bribes help ;)

so why is 'what are you listning to pt 5' still open, hardly great discussion posters typing a song title?

I don't see how it was hurting anything. It was just something fun to do.

You do know big threads can slow the hype down and also it plays hell on the search

I tend to agree, why because some people (the mods) decide they dont like/or want certain threads that are harmless should they get closed.

They were a bit of fun, nothing more and while the mods may not like them orfeel they are nedded its not really there place to close them. if they are clogging up community give them there own sub forum.

I agree about the post count issue. It seems that's the only thing that matters to Hypsters these days.

They should realize that engaging in active discussion will not only make them forget their post count...but they'll be so involved that by the time they remember, their post count could be significantly higher.

Although I'm not sure what a high post count really means, since the date of one's joining is the obvious means of determining who's a vet and whatnot.

To be honest I have no idea how people that joined in 06 - 08 can acquire 4 to 5 figure post counts as quickly as they do...aside from game threads.

Again, taking part in actual discussion is more fun; believe me...

I tend to agree, why because some people (the mods) decide they dont like/or want certain threads that are harmless should they get closed.

They were a bit of fun, nothing more and while the mods may not like them orfeel they are nedded its not really there place to close them. if they are clogging up community give them there own sub forum.

The option was discussed. But, that, much like the threads, seemed rather pointless.

I agree about the post count issue. It seems that's the only thing that matters to Hypsters these days.

They should realize that engaging in active discussion will not only make them forget their post count...but they'll be so involved that by the time they remember, their post count could be significantly higher.

Although I'm not sure what a high post count really means, since the date of one's joining is the obvious means of determining who's a vet and whatnot.

To be honest I have no idea how people that joined in 06 - 08 can acquire 4 to 5 figure post counts as quickly as they do...aside from game threads.

Again, taking part in actual discussion is more fun; believe me...

Post counts aren't important, and it baffles me why people value it so much. There are great, well-respected posters who don't have huge post counts, and then there's those who are, well, let's just say the opposite.

You do know big threads can slow the hype down and also it plays hell on the search

Yeah for real, really sucks when you come up with pages of useless crap when trying to find what you are looking for :csad:

Hopefully this will make community more tolerable.

I personally never saw the worth of those threads. And I agree with much of what Bamfer has to say about them only existing to boost post counts. I have enough people tell me how badass my avatar is without going into a thread where others can rate it, I don't care how people view my user name, and I never saw the point of leaving an anonymous message for a Hypester.

On the other hand... there are a few fun threads which I don't think need to be closed... the ones which require some creativity (the story threads, for example) seem to boost social interactions here. I never contributed, but I can see a legitimate reason why some people would be upset if they were gone.

I view this as a positive development. It seems in recent months the main community page has been dominated by various, worthless threads of no substantive merit. I think promoting the creation and use of threads which promote discussion, debate, and positive social interactions should be a priority.

The option was discussed. But, that, much like the threads, seemed rather pointless.

Pointless to you and the other mods maybe, but you are not the only people on here. I seldom post in such threads but that does not mean because it does not interest me or i think it's pointless that i think such threads should be closed.

This is a 'community' and like a community everything has it's role to play. Just becauseyou dont like something or think it pointless does not make you right. You should have at least let the community vote.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bamf...So...Last TV show and movie watched thread will stay up...?

Wasn't this done before, and people got ticked off and things went back? I don't care either way. They were stupid and pointless, but....this is the Hype. :huh:

Also, if we're gonna do stuff based on what Erz says, why not make Erz a mod? We'll trade him for DOG LIPS and a 3rd round pick.

Post counts aren't important, and it baffles me why people value it so much. There are great, well-respected posters who don't have huge post counts, and then there's those who are, well, let's just say the opposite.

Because post counts are like a badge of honor for some. Like the higher it is, the more "action" you've seen so to speak.

It's sad really.

I've seen quite my fair share of s**t go down on the Hype, but I don't need a 30,000 post count to show for it.

But some of it's funny. I've been given crap from Hypsters that join in 05 on upwards who just happen to have more free time to post than I do lol. Like "I made more posts than you so that makes you a newb."

Check the Join Date, Einstein...

Wasn't this done before, and people got ticked off and things went back?

Also, if were gonna do stuff based on what Erz says, why not make Erz a mod? We'll trade him for DOG LIPS and a 3rd round pick.

While I can't deny that occasionally Erzengel has a few good points, I can't exactly give him all of the credit. :cmad:

While I can't deny that occasionally Erzengel has a few good points, I can't exactly give him all of the credit. :cmad:
Because you took his idea and pushed the button. :huh:

He's Darth Sidius, and you're Jar Jar. :csad:

I deserve at least a foot note, or a dedication or even an assist here.

Emergency Powers. Erzengel. Now. :up:

See? Darth Sidius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"