Thundercats Movie Casting....

Originally posted by RaginCajun
why would it be bad ...

i was talking about live action/cgi

final fantasy kinda thing

Oh right i didn't realise that, then yeah that would be so cool.

A Trilogy would kick ass... I see it been like this:

Part 1: Origin story with battle with the Mutants and a big one on one at the end with Lion-O and Mumm-Ra - Lion-O 'destroys' Mumm-Ra. Lion-O gets annointed Lord of the Thundercats afterwards...

Part 2: either the The Dogs of War or The Beserkers...

Part 3: I dunno about this one... I was thinking maybe The Ghost Warrior... Grune is awoken and fights the Thundercats. We learn a little more about their past and who Grune is and why he was banished from Thundera.

But maybe, if Mumm-Ra doesn't come back in part 2 he would come back in this and maybe do the Pumm-Ra thing (but use a better name than Pumm-Ra!)

I'm starting to write a script for a Thundercats movie just for fun but it's not going to well cos I'm busy with other things at the moment...

Wouldn't "The Return" make a better second movie?

From what i hear, the 1st one will heavily feature the destruation of the home world (sorry, when the comics were popular, i was about 1!) then following on from there.

When I was a boy (not so long ago, im only 17 now!) Thundercats was my favourite tv prog so im well excited about a movie.

Thunder....Thunder....Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by Phantomex
Wouldn't "The Return" make a better second movie?

the Return? You mean the return of Mumm-Ra? If so, Yeah I thought about that for the second but it could work for the third too... Maybe they could work the return of Mumm-Ra and The Beserkers into one movie or something.

And if you mean the return of something else, I don't know what your talking about.

I only just got into comics so I don't have Tcat comics and I think they cancelled the show in England after like 40 episodes, cos I never saw all of it... But I've been going on lots of fan sites and finding stuff out about them...

Hey, Dude_Love, I'll email you about it sometime, thanks.

me too Vapor, im doing intesive reaserh with my action figures
:)

"the Return" is the comics mini series that preceded the Dogs of War.

The premiss was that after MummRa was defeated LionO entered the Book of Omens to complete his royal training. But MummRa wasn't as defeated as everyone thought. He overthrew the ancient spirits of Evil, became more powerful by enslaving them, cast a spell to keep the book from knowing that it was time to let LionO out. Waited a year quietly raising an army, then he conqured Thundera, killed Bengali and enslaved the rest of the Thundercats and remade Thundera in his image.

Then 5 years later Snarf finally finds the key to the Book of Omens and releases LionO, who thinks that he has only been gone from the real world for about a day.
The rest of the story is him rounding up the rest of the Thundercats, and going against MummRa, who has kept Whilly Kit and Whilly Kat as his personal slaves.

His costume for the series was cool.
thundercatsthereturn1.jpg
3287.jpg
3255.jpg
3224.jpg

cool... Yeah that uniform is pretty cool. I think it would work for a movie too...

But one thing puzzles me... Wasn't Thundera destroyed? So how could Mumm-Ra go there and ensalve the people and so on?

Or is it cos the comics are a slightly different continuity to the cartoon? I heard that a lot of fans don't accept the comics to be canon...

New Thundera. I don't remember the series all that clearly anymore but I think they renamed third earth.

yeah... just like a fan thing...

So Vapor, you still want my hep? Coz if ya do, then mail me your ideas and we can get started on it.

Originally posted by Vapor
yeah... just like a fan thing...

thats soooooo cool...im making a Nightwing movie from my script i wrote.. the filming is going GREAT.. check it out in the DC BOARDS
under Nightwing Movie

If you want to get Serious w/a script..email me or send me a Pm

and we could collabarate on a script...

MAN HOW I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A LIVE ACTION VERSION OF THE THUNDERCATS! I REALY HOPE IT HAPPENS AND I REALY HOPE THEY BRING BACK THE COMIC BOOKS! I JUST MISS THE CHARACTERS, THEY'VE BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITES SINSE I FIRST SAW THE INTRO TO THE PILOT EPISODE IN THE 80'S, YES I'M THAT OLD.:( :D I HAVE THE DVD SEASON SETS, I JUST MISS THE STORIES ABOUT THEM, I WISH THEY WOULD ATLEAST PUBLISH NEW BOOKS. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A NEW SERIES ON CARTOON NETWORK, THAT WOULD BE SWEET. ANYWAY I'M DONE RANTING, A NEW SET OF ACTION FIGURES WOULDN'T HURT EITHER, NOW IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?:D

As if this thread has been brought back lol.. Well I would love to see a Thundercats film though it's no longer owned by Marvel anymore so this should really be moved to the DC Movies forum... Here's my fan casting picks;

Lion-O: Matt Damon
Tygra: Val Kilmer, Oded Fehr, Kevin Sorbo
Panthro: Ving Rhames, Michael Clarke Duncan
Cheetara: Jeri Ryan, Radha Mitchell, Claudia Black
Jaga: Christopher Lloyd

Mumm-Ra: Hugo Weaving, Willem Dafoe, Tim Roth, Keifer Sutherland, Ron Pearlman, Tim Curry
Slithe: John Leguizamo
Jackalman: Mathew Lilard
Monkian: Christopher Judge, Brendan Fraser
Vultureman: Christopher Lloyd, Bill Nighy

Director: Guillermo Del Toro, Alex Proyas, Gore Verbinski

Movie One: Origin story. Thunderra is destroyed and they land on Third Earth followed by the Mutants who awaken Mumm-Ra. Fearful of and wanting the power of the Sword of Omens he sets out to take it from Lion-O who must come to terms with aging physically and becoming the Leader of the Thundercats.

Movie Two: Based on 'The Return'. Lion-O enters the Book of Omens to fulfill his royal training but Mumm-Ra has placed a spell on it so time goes much slower on the inside. Lion-O comes out to find that Mumm-Ra has conquered Third Earth and the rest of the Thundercats enslaved. He sets about freeing them and confronting Mumm-Ra.

Movie Three: Mumm-Ra releases Grune the Destroyer from his spiritual prison and gives him the task of destroying Lion-O and bringin him the Sword of Omens. Lion-O finds out that Grune is an old enemy of Jaga which makes it more personal. After defeating Grune Lion-O goes in search of Mumm-Ra to defeat him once and for all.

I loved Thundercats! I would definitely go see it!

shouldn't this thread be in dc comics or misc comics forum? since the wildcats comic was by dc owned wildstorm?

Nightwing: Endgame said:
I dont know about you but i grew up in the 80's...my favorite thing was the Thundercats..loved them 2 death..i had every action figure..still do, their kept on my shelf now...I would LOVE to See a Live action Movie..This is who i would cast-

ThunderCats:
Lion O-Matthew McConaughey or Paul Walker
Cheetara- Rebecca Romijn or Charlize Theron or Sarah Polley
Tygra- Rick Yune
Panthro- Ving Rhames

Cast some Child actors as wilykit and Wilykat..
Snarf would have to be all CGI, with Jack Blacks voice.

Mumm-Ra- Gary Oldman or Sam Rockwell

that is an awesome cast!:up:

oh ThunderCATS...bloody hell, though that said Thunderbolts when I glanced at the poll :p in which case, yes to thunderbolts, no to Thundercats (bleh, i'll take Transformers as a solid childhood memory over that tripe).

Lion-o-Thomas Jane
Panthro-Ving Rhames or Vin Diesel
Cheetra-Charlize Theron
Tygra-Scott Speedman
Mummra-Ben Kingsley

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member