Tim Burton Speaks!!!

He didn't really give an opinion on TDK at all, so this isn't necessary for the spoiler section. He simply said lay off the negative talk of his Batfilms and that you can never tell if Jack is serious or not. I agree with what little he said.

He didn't really give an opinion on TDK at all, so this isn't necessary for the spoiler section. He simply said lay off the negative talk of his Batfilms and that you can never tell if Jack is serious or not. I agree with what little he said.

Yeah, i know its nots really appropiate for this section but i wasn't sure (considering it tied in with Jack's comments which were so much of a debate on these boards) - im sure the mods will sort out any issues they have with it.

I agree with him. His films are in the past now, there's no point in complaining about them with a new franchise that fixes what he changed.

So it's all just blood in the water now. Or however that saying goes.

great link, appreciate it very much, much of what he say's is true but Nicholson is still an a hole for saying that stuff about Ledger.

I agree with him. His films are in the past now, there's no point in complaining about them with a new franchise that fixes what he changed.

I guess the next franchise will fix what Nolan changed?

Burton's movies are not in the past for me at all.

great link, appreciate it very much, much of what he say's is true but Nicholson is still an a hole for saying that stuff about Ledger.

I don't remember every word, but I think he talked against people in charge for not asking him. Not against Ledger.

I agree with Burton, especially when it comes to people bashing Batman Returns for being "too dark". Not such a problem nowadays, but back then people were whining about it. I mean, they're Batman movies... they're SUPPOSED to be dark! And it's because of BS like that that we never got to see how Burton would have handled Two-Face. :dry:

I don't remember every word, but I think he talked against people in charge for not asking him. Not against Ledger.

what next franchise? :wow:

Nicholson didn't say a single word against Ledger. You've got to read the article, not just the title.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1573617/20071106/story.jhtml

Aye! Same here. It's not in the past when I place the DVD in my player and still enjoy every bit of it :up:

I am dying for a 3rd Burton film. Doubt that will ever happen, but if him and Keaton got together and did a movie version of "The Dark Knight Returns" I would die happy!

I am dying for a 3rd Burton film. Doubt that will ever happen, but if him and Keaton got together and did a movie version of "The Dark Knight Returns" I would die happy!

Even if it was crap?

If Burton and Keaton did DKR, it would end up being nothing like the comic. It would be great, but nothing like the comic.

For a straight adaption of Dark Knight Returns, it should be Paul Verhoeven, surely, on the evidence of RoboCop.

Before Begins was made, I wanted a Dark Knight Returns with Nicholson, Keaton, & Burton returning. But it's too late now people, it won't happen. All we can do is enjoy Batman'89 and Batman Returns for what they were. If you're holding on to hopes of the three returning for a DKR you will only end up disappointed.

i agree with him also. in all honesty, i prefer his movies over BB, though i still like it alot

I'm reading the comments in that article and over at AICN talkback for the new Joker pic and I'm dying by some of these comments people post. I always found it funny how insecure people were about others preferring Burton's bat movies to the last flick. I mean **** if your favorite interpretation had the better reviews and was "more accurate" why should you even give a damn about what I prefer? why should it even bother you so much? it's not like Nolan's movies are not around or anything. I do agree that it's stupid for people to feel so threatened about something that was made for a different generation of fans.

Of course the newer flick is able to do more not only did they learn from the shortcomings of the previous ones but the characters and the mythos constantly evolve. Mark my words 20 years from now there will be people down talking Nolan's movies in favor of whatever Batman flicks will be around by then. Because the filmmakers behind the future Bat movies will have even more material to work from and be inspired by.

I hate these so called "Batman experts" that have popped up post BB when all they know is TAS and BB and that's about it. I've spoken with people who I have schooled viciously on Batman history just cause they felt I was "a lesser fan" cause I prefer Burton's movies even though I liked BB. Once they tell me "you're not a real fan" and I drop straight knowledge on them about anything they want to know about the history of Batman they end up feeling real stupid. They're Batman fans in name only I tells ya a "real fan" will appreciate everything we have gotten so far regardless of their prefference. We have it so much better than fans of any other superhero in film media because there has been more good than bad done with Batman in film and television.

That's why out of all the non BOF bat boards this is the one I always come back to. Cause even though it has alot of ignorant cats it also really seems to have some of the most authentic and "true" fans I have encountered in my history of Batman boards which is damn near 9 years now. Anybody who hasn't laid off by this point when we have had 5 live action hollywood movies and more to come I have no business having any convo on the mythos with cause bull ish is one language I just don't speak.

I'm reading the comments in that article and over at AICN talkback for the new Joker pic and I'm dying by some of these comments people post. I always found it funny how insecure people were about others preferring Burton's bat movies to the last flick. I mean **** if your favorite interpretation had the better reviews and was "more accurate" why should you even give a damn about what I prefer? why should it even bother you so much? it's not like Nolan's movies are not around or anything. I do agree that it's stupid for people to feel so threatened about something that was made for a different generation of fans.

Of course the newer flick is able to do more not only did they learn from the shortcomings of the previous ones but the characters and the mythos constantly evolve. Mark my words 20 years from now there will be people down talking Nolan's movies in favor of whatever Batman flicks will be around by then. Because the filmmakers behind the future Bat movies will have even more material to work from and be inspired by.

I hate these so called "Batman experts" that have popped up post BB when all they know is TAS and BB and that's about it. I've spoken with people who I have schooled viciously on Batman history just cause they felt I was "a lesser fan" cause I prefer Burton's movies even though I liked BB. Once they tell me "you're not a real fan" and I drop straight knowledge on them about anything they want to know about the history of Batman they end up feeling real stupid. They're Batman fans in name only I tells ya a "real fan" will appreciate everything we have gotten so far regardless of their prefference. We have it so much better than fans of any other superhero in film media because there has been more good than bad done with Batman in film and television.

That's why out of all the non BOF bat boards this is the one I always come back to. Cause even though it has alot of ignorant cats it also really seems to have some of the most authentic and "true" fans I have encountered in my history of Batman boards which is damn near 9 years now. Anybody who hasn't laid off by this point when we have had 5 live action hollywood movies and more to come I have no business having any convo on the mythos with cause bull ish is one language I just don't speak.

I can't agree more with every word.

I agree with Burton. His Batman movies are almost two decades old, but some of the venom I've seen directed to them feels like they were made yesterday and have ruined the Batman universe in general beyond repair forever. Obviously, people are perfectly entitled to not like them, but considering how old the films are, and considering the Bat movie franchise has since been restarted, some of the more vocal hatred I've seen directed at Burton and his Batfilms strikes me as a little odd. Burton has moved on. Batman has moved on. Why can't we all?

I agree with Burton. His Batman movies are almost two decades old, but some of the venom I've seen directed to them feels like they were made yesterday and have ruined the Batman universe in general beyond repair forever. Obviously, people are perfectly entitled to not like them, but considering how old the films are, and considering the Bat movie franchise has since been restarted, some of the more vocal hatred I've seen directed at Burton and his Batfilms strikes me as a little odd. Burton has moved on. Batman has moved on. Why can't we all?

I've always feel that most of Bat-fans attacking Burton are just trying to show off their "amazing knowledge" about the comic books.

I've always feel that most of Bat-fans attacking Burton are just trying to show off their "amazing knowledge" about the comic books.

From what I've experienced on various boards, you are often branded a "Burtonite" and looked down on if you like B89 and, especially BR. I've always wondered why liking these films is too often considered a bad thing amongst Batman fans. No, they are not perfect adaptations but I still don't see the point in trying to make anyone feel ashamed or inadequate for liking them.

It's these fans who seem to believe there is some kind of 'One True Batman' and those who don't subscribe to it are heretics. It seems to be a kind of amalgamation of Dark Knight Returns, the animated series and Batman Begins (despite the fact all three are different to each other).

It's similar to fans who see whatever happens in the comicbook as official, no matter how crap it may be, and the movies themsleves as inaccurate translations, no matter how great they may be. The Penguin as a sympathetic Richard III-esque manipulator with shades of the Elephant Man and the Phantom of the Opera whose own plight mirrors that of Batman? No thanks, the Penguin is a short crimeboss in a tuxedo.

It's ridiculous.

Now, I'll guess that maybe 50% of posters here do believe that. In all my years of posting, very rarely has anyone dared suggest something in a movie is superior to, improves upon, something in the comic.

Superheroes are no longer bound to the comic pages! The movies are just as much a true medium for Batman and Superman and SPider-Man as the comics. Spider-Man 3 is just as 'official' as The Amazing SPider-Man # 1. If the real McCoy is the one most people have experienced, it's no contest. Far more people have seen superhero movies than have read the comics. The comics themselves are constantly updated, retconned and rewritten anyway.

Superheroes are changing all the time, always have, and they develop in the mediums of comics and movies. If you can't except that, then....I'm not sure what you're doing here.

Now, I'll guess that maybe 50% of posters here do believe that. In all my years of posting, very rarely has anyone dared suggest something in a movie is superior to, improves upon, something in the comic.

Batman: The Animated Series is better than the comic in almost every way

It my opinion - i simply enjoy that show more than the comics... and i don't care how many 'the long halloween's may come my way!!!!!

Anyone read the comments on that article? There's a couple of immature idiots on there, one of which is apparently a diehard Burton fan, talking smack about "Brokeback Batman" and "The Dork Knight." I mean c'mon, it goes on in BOTH DIRECTIONS. I personally love Burton's movies as well as Batman Begins, but I think some of the Burtonites don't realize that there are just as many jerks in their clan as there are in the Nolanite clan. I mean really, you can't get much more immature than "Brokeback Batman."

I mean c'mon, it goes on in BOTH DIRECTIONS.

Yes, it does. The Burton fans you described do exist and they give a really bad name to the Burton fans like me who just want to enjoy what they enjoy in peace, without being labelled or put up against anyone some kind of warped Burton vs Nolan fans type thing.

I just don't understand ANY of it. Really, there's just absolutely no point in these attitudes from either sides whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"