Burton taking on Frankenweenie and Alice in Wonderland

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
Tim Burton to Direct Alice and Frankenweenie
Source: Variety
November 16, 2007

Tim Burton is pairing up with Disney to direct two 3-D films, Alice in Wonderland and Frankenweenie.

Variety says the two-movie deal with Walt Disney Studios begins with Alice in Wonderland, which will combine performance-capture imagery, currently seen in Beowulf, with live-action footage.

The script by Linda Woolverton (The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast) is based on the Lewis Carroll classic.

Burton, who is wrapping Sweeney Todd at Paramount and DreamWorks, will tackle Alice in Wonderland early next year, with production set to wrap by May.

After "Alice," Burton will helm and produce Frankenweenie, based on his 1984 short film about a pet dog brought back to life by his loyal owner. The movie will be shot in stop-motion animation and shown in digital 3-D.

Burton back at Disney, who would of thunk it :yay:

Not too interested in Frankenweenie(although I'll see it) but I am extremely excited about seeing Tim Burton's take on Alice in Wonderland. Imagine what it will look like! I think he should do one of them stop-motion though.

The American McGee version is already kinda Burtonesque

Tim Burton and Alice in Wonderland?

I'm expecting some ****ing up ****.

But it's with Disney so I don't expect anything special. Gothed-up Alice would'v been nice.

Burton doing Alice in Wonderland really tempts me to bring the bong out of retirement

Burton doing Alice in Wonderland really tempts me to bring the bong out of retirement

Can I come over?

This is all good news, the Burton and Alice in Wonderland thing, I love 3D.

Frakenweenie? Oh man, I saw that movie once as a kid and I loved the hell out of it, but I really haven't thought about it since then. I'm kinda looking forward to that more then Alice, though that'll probably be pretty sick too. :up:

whose going to play alice?!? johnny depp's to old!!

:cwink:

After seeing Beowulf in it's 3D glory, I'm 10x more excited for this now.

I'm sure Depp will be the Mad Hatter.

I always thought Burton would be more perfect for Wizard of Oz.

Terry Gilliam would make a way more cooler alice in Wonderland.

tim burton should also do a live action or 3D motion cap Beauty and the Beast

Anyone know where one can see Frankenweenie? I can't find it on YouTube. :csad:

I always wanted to see Burton do the Wizard of Oz.I guess I can settle for Alice in Wonderland.

damn what happened to wizard of oz . alice in wonderland is still cool but i would of preferred wizard of oz.

Wasn't Marilyn Manson supposed to play the Queen of Hearts?

he already made frankenweenie; this sketchy black and white movie.

Burton back at Disney, who would of thunk it :yay:

I knew it would happen eventually. John Lasseter who is pretty much running Disney now has been friends with Burton since they were both young animators working for Disney back in the early `80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"