Tim Burton's Batman 3 (2015)

Yeah I like that, especially Joker returning. Wasn't that one of the major points in the Triumphant script. The one they keep locked in a safe because if it came out then the world would...

I've said too much.

No way! I'd much rather they do this. With DC making PG-13 animated movies why not bring back Burton to conclude his vision in this format? they could get all the original actors to do the voice acting and use an animated style that translates their visuals to the screen. Plus that way Gotham could be even more vast and their won't be any physical limitations for the actors. Even bring back Elfman I think that would be better. Burton did start out in animation after all so in a sense it'd be right up his alley.

That'd be a dream come true.

Pfft, Penguin had a very small role in Batman Returns, as far as the story goes, and Bruce's personal arc. Bruce was suspicious the entire way through. The story with him is more the love story between himself and Selina.

Actually I found the story more about Penguin. The entire plot revolves around him, finding out the penguin man is real, him running for mayor, him taking control of the batmobile, him crashing the party and stealing the first born of Gotham, then the penguin's with rockets on their backs. If anything Catwoman was more of a secondary character, and her and Bruce's romance was a secondary plot line.

I never got a chance to read the Triumphant script. I thought I did, then it ended up being fake.

From what I hear only a handful of people have, mostly top level WB exec's and such.

Shame, 'cause rumour is, it's awsome.

I liked it as well, if they'd stuck with her she could have done something in B+R.

I don't know why they insisted on chopping and changing the women in those films.

I liked it as well, if they'd stuck with her she could have done something in B+R.

I don't know why they insisted on chopping and changing the women in those films.

Because most movie bigwigs view women as disposable pleasures rather than meaningful pursuits.

They have a point...

No seriously. Selina Kyle is possibly one of the most empowered females in pop culture history, but they lost her. Chase was powerful yet was dropped for B+R for no apparent reason. I mean the end of BF had them together...

I agree, Chase was a strong female, she wanted Batman and she went for it, I mean she could have been more obvious about it but it was nice. Plus when I was 9 Nicole Kidman was the sexiest thing i'd ever seen. True story.

I didn't see Ivy and Freeze together either, they had opposite plans. It just didn't work.

Exactly. But that's mostly the point of Schumacher's films, they don't make much sense!

One is for nature and the earth and the other is for the freezing cold and negative degree weather. How could they ever work together is beyond me.:huh:
Maybe it woulda been better with Freeze against ivy as well?

I'd like to see the proposed Scarecrow + Man-Bat combination from one of the various Batman 5 script ideas.

I would've liked to have seen one more Batman movie in the last franchise with Schumacher being fired. If the last movie had a good plot & a good cast it would've made up for B&R.

In my eyes nothing would've made up for Burton's dismissal...not even Scarecrow.

I know, I'm just saying if that got a director as good as him or even got him back, he would've made up for B&R.

Burton wasn't dismissed, he left.

I would have liked to have seen Schumacher's Triumphant. Apparently he ditched Robin and Batgirl and had Scarecrow as his main villian, with a cameo from Joker whilst Batman as under the effects of ScareToxin.

That would have been awsome.

As in how he'd play him? Or how they'd bring him back after his death?

'Cause it was just gonna be a Batman hallucination whilst gassed with FearToxin.

Oh that Jack and his crazy ideas.

Now you've got me wondering...

Majik1387, your avvy is disturbing me.

on topic, im totally for it. burtons vision is amazing as a film maker and his first 2 films were solid and dark as batman should be, i would have much rather gotten a 3rd burton film then nolans film. he just lacks the vision that burton has.

why didn't schumacher make batman as dark as his movie The # 23 ???

i often wonder how a dark & serious robin would fit into a dark gothic noiric Gotham City like the one burton gave us!

he just lacks the vision that burton has.

Woah, that's a bold statement to make. Both have vision, Nolan's is more pragmatic and his sensibilities lie in the real world.

In terms of difference in movies though, Nolan has way more vision. Every single Burton movie looks exactly the same. It has a formula:

Noir visuals + Germanic expresionism + Oddball character = Burton movie.

I like Burton, but to say Nolan lacks vision is crazy talk.

Majik1387, your avvy is disturbing me.

on topic, im totally for it. burtons vision is amazing as a film maker and his first 2 films were solid and dark as batman should be, i would have much rather gotten a 3rd burton film then nolans film. he just lacks the vision that burton has.
How can you see it as lacking? Its two DIFFERENT visions of the character from two DIFFERENT directors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"