Tim Burton's Batman 3

anyone else wish burton would come back and do his batman 3 instead of nolan doing his drab version?

anyone else wish burton would come back and do his batman 3 instead of nolan doing his drab version?

You meant Schumacher, right?

Nipples.

Batcreditcards.

Batass.

Batskates.

More nipples.

The idea for the villains in the Burton Catwoman movie sounds good but the names are laying it on a tad thick...Captain God and the Cult of Good?

Yeah. It sounds like something out of a very over the top parody.. and Captain God reminds me of St. God's from Idiocracy.

I saw mentions of the 1990 Robin redesigns, thought I'd bring up a few more things.

Norm Breyfogle was one of the other artists DC asked to submit redesigns. Breyfogle came up with idea of Robin needing a staff to fight adults. His R logo is also much closer to what wound up on the finalized design. Neal Adams seems very proud about coming with the yellow cape that is black on the outside, but Breyfogle reached that same conclusion without knowing the designs would be shown to Burton's team. In fact, some of them are pretty damn close to what he came up with. His designs have just as much of the "movie problem solving" that Neal Adams gloats about. I suspect he probably thought that DC would want a design more adaptable to outside media, considering it was 1990 and the movie's hugeness. Didn't really need a daughter to pry and negotiate for information over the phone. He must not have hated everything about the movie either, because every single one of his designs features Michael Keaton's gauntlets and shin guards turned green. He even mentions it his notes. He also did an all dark red Robin before Bruce Timm. And there's an all black & gold version to match Michael Keaton.
BreyfogleRobin5.jpg

BreyfogleRobin.jpg

BreyfogleRobin3.jpg

BreyfogleRobin4.jpg

BreyfogleRobinDesigns.jpg

A lot of the Tim Drake artists seemed to ignore the ninja tabi boots that were part of the Neal Adams design. Though sometimes they made it in.
neal-adams-robin-poster.jpg
Tim_Robin_2.jpg

When Adams drew Robin in that image (which I presume is from Odyssey?) it's interesting that he used the mainstream Breyfogle-esque logo (unless a DC editor changed his art) but ignored the staff and brought back the ninja tabi boots. Unless he pops out the staff elsewhere in the story. And he's carrying a traditional batarang.

Robin_R_Blades.jpg

Breyfogle's Robin logo shurikien made it into the comics too.

Alex Ross wasn't really Alex Ross yet in 1990, I presume that they wouldn't have contacted him yet for designs. But later he proposed a medieval inspired Robin with a hood and scaled leggings, which Breyfogle also thought of back in 1990.
Ross_Robin_Redesign.jpg

Ross takes all the yellow and replaces it with dark green, yet barely different pixie elf booties remain once again.

The world is ready for ninja tabi boots combined with Keaton's original shin guards. Make it happen Zack Snyder.

Personally, I think Batman Forever is very Burton-esque. Kilmer plays the role of Bruce/Batman in a way that evokes Keaton's performance, the visuals of the film are very much in the same vein as those from Batman '89 and Batman Returns - if lit more brightly, and the characterization of the villains is very similar to the over-the-top nature of the way Burton's films characterized The Joker, The Penguin, and Catwoman.

For me, the only significant difference between Batman Returns and Batman Forever is that the disturbing freakishness of the former is gone from the latter. Otherwise, the film feels very much like Burton could've been in the director's chair.

some of those Robin designs are really awesome and would actually look well onscreen

I love those Robin designs, those make me want to see him show up in live action again someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"