Tim Burton's Batman 3

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
How would it have been different from Schumacher's? (aside from their differing styles of film-making, of course...)

Do you think Burton would have included Two-Face and the Riddler?
Would Billy Dee Williams have played Two-Face and how would his Two-Face differ from Jones'?
Would Michael Keaton have returned to play Bats?

So many questions...

Here's a website dedicated to a hypothetical Tim Burton version of "Batman Forever":
4xo3jtk.jpg.jpg

Two-Face:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096895/trivia
Trivia for Batman (1989)

Billy Dee Williams appears as Harvey Dent, who in the comics became Two-Face. Williams took the role with the expectation that he would be brought back to play Two-Face and reportedly had a contract clause added reserving the role for him. During casting for Batman Forever (1995) Warner Bros. decided they would prefer Tommy Lee Jones and bought out Williams' contract.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103776/trivia
Trivia for Batman Returns (1992)

The character of Max Shreck was a re-write of District Attorney Harvey Dent; accordingly, most of his plot points would have perhaps made more sense if Shreck were D.A. instead of a corrupt businessman. The explosion at the end of the film was a means to injure Dent and produce the scars that would lead to his transformation into Two-Face for the third movie in the series. Reportedly, Billy Dee Williams took the role of Harvey Dent in the first Batman (1989) movie because he knew that the character would eventually become Two-Face. Williams' contract to appear in the sequel is rumored to have been bought out by Warner Bros. at a heavy price.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112462/trivia

Trivia for Batman Forever (1995)

The exterior set for Two-Face's hide out is the same set used in the first disappearance of Max Schreck (Christopher Walken) in Batman Returns (1992).

Riddler:
Trivia for Batman Forever (1995)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112462/trivia

Before deciding not to don the cape and cowl for a third time, Michael Keaton met with Joel Schumacher and declined to join the project after deciding that he did not like the direction in which Schumacher was looking to take the franchise. In the brief time that Tim Burton was still considering doing a third Batman film, Riddler was the only villain that he planned on using. The idea of using Two-Face did not come up until Schumacher joined the project.

While Tim Burton was still slated to direct the film, Robin Williams was running to play The Riddler, but after Burton dropped out, Williams lost interest and turned down the role despite being offered.

Robin:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096895/trivia

Trivia for Batman (1989)

In the original script with Robin included, the Flying Graysons (John, Mary, and Dick) are introduced at the parade scene. The Joker shoots the trapeze artists sending John and Mary to their deaths and leaving Dick to survive. Dick later becomes Robin in full costume at the end.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103776/trivia

Trivia for Batman Returns (1992)

It was intended that the character of Robin be introduced in the sequel to Batman (1989). Reportedly, Tim Burton collaborated with DC Comics artist Norm Breyfogle to redesign the Robin costume so that it would coincide with the one planned for the film. Kenner Toys even went so far as to produce a corresponding action figure, but when Robin was eventually written out of the script, Kenner released the toy anyway, as the character newly rendered in the comic books.

Marlon Wayans was signed on to play Robin in this movie and Batman Forever (1995) - he even went through costuming for the five minutes that he appeared in the script. But when the script was re-written and Joel Schumacher took over as director, the role went to Chris O'Donnell. Wayans was paid for both movies.

Marlon Wayans would have been terrible.

I agree. O'Donnell wasn't exactly the crown jewel of the Schumacher era, but he's a helluva better choice for Robin. I think thats mostly because, as it said in the article, Burton hated Robin.

Thank god Burton never had any "real" interest in doing Robin.

i always had an idea that they could do an animated batman 3. burton would come and direct. (he loves animation anyways) keaton won't have to play Batman he can just voice him. and they could create a story using riddler and two-face. robins and williams can voice them. i think it has alot of potential.

i always had an idea that they could do an animated batman 3. burton would come and direct. (he loves animation anyways) keaton won't have to play Batman he can just voice him. and they could create a story using riddler and two-face. robins and williams can voice them. i think it has alot of potential.

I'd love that, but I doubt it would happen. But, it would kick so much ass to see Burton's vision of The Riddler and Two-Face in animation (probably stop-motion?) I'd love it.
Perhaps Warner Bros. could get him back to do one of the DC Universe DTV films and work with Bruce Timm...

Stop motion animation of Tim Burton's Batman 3 would be the coolest thing ever. Wow that is the coolest idea I've heard in a while! Maybe Corpse Bride style animation too..

Stop motion animation of Tim Burton's Batman 3 would be the coolest thing ever. Wow that is the coolest idea I've heard in a while! Maybe Corpse Bride style animation too..

Wasn't Corpse Bride stop motion? Or was it a mix of Stop motion and CG?

thanks guys, i had this idea for a while now. we know that burton didn't have the best time making these films. but he loves animation, and therefore he could enjoy this more. just imagine the same style of the set design of gotham and the fashion style continued in this movie. it would have to be very cinematic to match the tone of the first two films. create a new plot, script, cast billy dee and williams as the two-face and riddler (and we don't have to worry about age) and you get the film that the fans have been aching for.

I'd love that, but I doubt it would happen. But, it would kick so much ass to see Burton's vision of The Riddler and Two-Face in animation (probably stop-motion?) I'd love it.
Perhaps Warner Bros. could get him back to do one of the DC Universe DTV films and work with Bruce Timm...

If Tim made a stop-motion Batman I'd rather see Clayface and Scarecrow

If Tim made a stop-motion Batman I'd rather see Clayface and Scarecrow

Well, I was more thinking of Timm (and maybe Paul Dini) fleshing out Tim Burton's ideas for Batman 3 into a full script and having Burton direct the animation.

Well, I was more thinking of Timm (and maybe Paul Dini) fleshing out Tim Burton's ideas for Batman 3 into a full script and having Burton direct the animation.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Also, if this was going to happen, Michelle Pheiffer could return as Catwoman because, if I remember correctly, Catwoman might have returned in the 3rd, if Burton had done it.

I'd definately like seeing Catwoman in Burton's stop-motion style.

You guys all judge him just because he was in scary movie and a bunch of other movies

Have u seen REqueim for a dream or Lady Killers?

I noticed a bunch of people on these forums think anyone that is black and does comedy is usually a bad actor by assumption its quite pitiful but hey this website is filled with ignorant jerks

You guys all judge him just because he was in scary movie and a bunch of other movies

Have u seen REqueim for a dream or Lady Killers?

I noticed a bunch of people on these forums think anyone that is black and does comedy is usually a bad actor by assumption its quite pitiful but hey this website is filled with ignorant jerks

Whilst I cannot say that there are no racist people on these forums, and I am sure there are. I dont think it is a fair assumption to accuse someone of being racist purely from not liking Marlon Wayans. I dont like him, not because he is black, but because he is a poor actor, I have not seen anything credible from him and I thought he was the worst actor in Ladykillers.

I personally think Billy Dee would have been great as Two Face, he has the charm and the acting skills to pull it off.
I just think that Burton would not have pulled off the character though, Harvey was not an integral character in B89 and BR and I dont know if the empathy towards his downward spiral would have worked as it should.

However this is just speculation and we will never know how good or bad it could have been.

I have been around here long enough and iam telling you right now if it a black guy most people on here are going to start to say that hes going to do bad

What the hell? You're TOTALLY wrong. Some people even wanted black actors for the Dark Knight...Just because Two-Face is white in the comics, doesn't mean that comic book fans would be devastated to hear he was black in a movie. The Two-Face character isnt iconic enough to HAVE to be a white male with brown hair. Hell, even Aaron Eckhart was a departure from the comics. And people loved him and accepted him as Harvey Dent/Two Face. So you sir, are wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"